Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Does Deus like “Round” ?

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Does Deus like “Round” ?
April 25, 2019 02:56AM
A video here comparing Deus and Eqx 800.
[m.youtube.com]

Another video comimg here soon where one of the round lead balls is buried a mere 5” deep,
And Deus is compared to EQX 800. Embedded in plug actually.
Also a target located using EQX in the wild (small lead) is compared to Xp Deus.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2019 03:50AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Does Deus like “Round” ?
April 25, 2019 03:54AM
How do you walk around with those rubber boots on?? man those those things kill my feet.There not for long distance walking..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 25, 2019 04:27AM
The muck boots were a temporary thing footwear just for the video. They slip on and off easily. In early morning (with loads of dew) and in the winter time, these muck boots rockmfor me for detecting. Mud, water no problems. Actuallly these boots have saved me some loot. Before I got these I was tearing up a lot of boots/hiking shoes with getting them wet.

I wear a hiking boot (no metal eyes) in the warmer months. Will be wearing them in the morning detecting with a gent.

The second video won’t be up to early tomorrow morning.
You will hear me use the phrase “hard to miss”.
What I mean by this is if you sweeping buried target flush you will undoubtably hear the target. So one still has to get the coil over. But sometimes using some other detectors even if you flush the target, audio provided not as alerting to user, hence user may keep walking and sweeping.

Also in this next video, full tone settings is used with Deus with zeromdiwc and some other disc levels. There are other ways to run a Deus and maybe get better alerting on round nonferrous shaped. Still though even doing this I think Deus falls short of EQX 800.

My Deus units are not going anywhere.

Just honest reporting. As to the strengths/weaknesses involving round(er) shaped objects.

Some folks new to Deus may find this info helpful.

The ground where second video done is rated as medium mineraliized soil, with coil bobbing of Deus providing 6 marks in mineralization index meter. This soil DOES hamper VLF detectors ops. Some models more than others.

Also I make comment in first video by saying EQX punches mineral. What I mean by this is tonal properties of targets buried undisturbed in the wild have a higher chance of mimicking the same targets dug and swept on top of the ground. Not necessarily always but better than most other VLF detectors in my soil. Defintley less chance of getting dragged into the iron range or closer to iron range fooling/lying to a user.

A detector can see targets.
How it reports them to a user is a big deal imo.
Which one is odds on more intelligent on average in the wild detecting.
Less guess work More efficient. Saves time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2019 04:31AM by tnsharpshooter.
April 25, 2019 06:18AM
Muck boots are great. In addition to my full time job, I come home and work on the farm 7 days a week. I've walked more miles in my Mucks than any other boot. I have a pair of the low cut chore version that I wear most of the time cause they aren't as hot. The only time I don't wear them is when trout fishing in the mountains. Rubber lug boots and slick wet rocks = walking on ice. I wear felt bottom boots for that. Otherwise...down on the farm and metal detecting, I will have my Mucks on.
April 25, 2019 08:24AM
Video
Part 2.
[m.youtube.com]
April 25, 2019 12:04PM
I am wondering if you will be selling the deus soon?
Seems not to be working for you or does it work in any of the dirt down there?
As far as muck boots I like them too slide them on and off easy.

I think we need a Tnsharpshooter VS Calibash hunt with the DEUS.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2019 12:21PM by GreenMeanie.