Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Heres a Video I did a couple weeks ago

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Heres a Video I did a couple weeks ago
May 18, 2019 10:41PM
It started as a Classic 3 Plus Vid but morphed into something else as I went.

[youtu.be]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: Heres a Video I did a couple weeks ago
May 19, 2019 12:30AM
That detector brought back some memories. I had one of those. It was my first mail order detector from the big Kellyco. Out of their big catalog before the internet. The plus had the 950 Blue Max and the non plus models had an older 800 coil. I ran the Blue Max 6 inch on mine. I had fun back then with that detector.My kids were little and I would take them along on hunts. They usually went off exploring. Fond memories for sure.

Thanks for the video. I love it when you break out the toys for comparisons. Just when I think you are off playing with the latest and greatest you go old school.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2019 12:34AM by goodmore.
May 19, 2019 01:09AM
Thanks a lot for video Keith, it’s no wonder why your not selling your Tesoro’s.
I think I’ll change it up tomorrow and try it old school style in a iron site.

Aaron
May 19, 2019 01:19AM
My eyes must be deceiving Me? Did that old outdated CZ-3D see a coin that the Mighty Nox could not see? How can that be? Ha! Keith I was wondering is that a 1021 CZ-3D and or Tom tuned? It must be a good detector if Ole' Keith Southern has one laying around.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2019 02:50PM by Harold,ILL..
May 19, 2019 02:05AM
Hi Keith, The Whites Classic ID that you put the ground balance on for me, will it do the same as the Classic 111? I have only used it one time and have been using my XP. I might need to go back to old school for awhile
May 19, 2019 03:48AM
Nice video Keith. I enjoy analog detectors and concentric coils.
May 19, 2019 01:26PM
Wondering if the Makro/Nokta machines with the concentrics will pass that hair pin test. Always enjoy your videos!
May 19, 2019 02:04PM
I love those old Whites analog detectors, I have had many of them. Great video
May 19, 2019 03:32PM
Great video,Keith----shows what"old tec" can still do.
May 19, 2019 05:25PM
Yes analog is hard to beat in iron Believe me I know!! I have to hunt hard behind my years of beating on sites with Tesoros.

DD offers mineral punch but Concentric offers a more precise Disc and uniform transmission receive field in trash.

Yes a Concentric on the MakNoks is stellar in iron.

That's NOT a 1021 CZ..VERY PROPER UNIT though.

Yes classic ID same circuit

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla