Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minelab CTX 3030 vs Etrac ?

Posted by virginia digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Minelab CTX 3030 vs Etrac ?
May 19, 2019 05:50PM
If you could only have one detector, would you purchase a CTX 3030 or a Etrac? Would like to hear from those who have owned both or maybe hunt with someone who has one .
Thanks for your time !
Re: Minelab CTX 3030 vs Etrac ?
May 19, 2019 06:16PM
The CTX for me. I had two since the release. Waterproof for one. The audio could be set up so precisely that looking at the screen wasn't even needed. But in the event you wanted to double and triple check target ID the screen is there. Minelab made the price too high and the Equinox is going to eventually kill it off. The E Trac is already dead. Just some users out there that refuse to admit it.
May 19, 2019 06:29PM
Ctx all day long!!!
May 19, 2019 07:58PM
I have both but if I could only keep one it would be the CTX. I keep the etrac because of the wider coil selection range
May 19, 2019 09:13PM
CTX every day of the week.

======================================================

You can see my videos here: [www.youtube.com]
My blog is here: [thesilverfiend.com]

======================================================
May 20, 2019 12:53AM
CTX. (Target trace, pinpoint trace and pinpoint lock.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2019 12:54AM by Mike in CO.
May 20, 2019 01:32AM
CTX for me, target trace, combined adjustable tones and better balanced.
May 20, 2019 02:36AM
Goodmore nailed it. Though I'm one of the ones who refuse to admit it sad smiley. I still swing the E-Trac for trashy park hunting mostly because I know it so well and don't hunt water. If I were choosing between just those two.... it would be CTX.

Dean
May 20, 2019 02:53AM
I’ve had both. I found coins just as deep and deeper with the Etrac and probably more silver. I also really liked the TTF mode on the Etrac however, the CTX was better in iron, a little faster and even though it was heavier it was a lot better ergonomically.
Yeah, I liked the CTX better, was it worth the extra $1k over the Etrac, no.
May 20, 2019 11:05AM
I can compare the CTX vs Explorer. CTX for one reason...results don’t lie. It simply works better,for ME.
May 20, 2019 12:49PM
goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The CTX for me. I had two since the release. Water
> proof for one. The audio could be set up so precis
> ely that looking at the screen wasn't even needed.
> But in the event you wanted to double and triple c
> heck target ID the screen is there. Minelab made t
> he price too high and the Equinox is going to even
> tually kill it off. The E Trac is already dead. Ju
> st some users out there that refuse to admit it.

This all day.

CTX is waterproof
CTX is more customizable
CTX Price too high
Etrac is dead
Equinox is the way to go

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley
May 20, 2019 12:56PM
High price and weight do not influence performance. If you can’t afford it or can’t lift it....then no,it’s not the correct machine for the individual.
May 20, 2019 01:22PM
The CTX for Me was a beast to swing. I know it is suppose to be balanced better than the Etrac but it was still hard on My arm. It felt like it was pulling it out of the socket. And I hate the swingy thing. For some reason can swing the Etrac without it? I guess every arm is different. I liked the Etrac audio better also as not as digital sounding as the CTX. I tried all the settings and could not quite get the same silver warble to My ears anyways the Etrac has. But it is a fine Machine also. I guess if I was more into water hunting and could swing it would be a better choice.
May 20, 2019 02:23PM
Look at the history of the 2 units.
Etrac far less problems.
CTX and the drivers for the color screen can go TU.

For the loot and a person learns well Etrac far better value for silver and copper coins.

Had multiples of both.
Still have Etrac.
Wonder why?? Lol
May 20, 2019 03:34PM
Easy - "E Trac" for me hands down! And I had been Testing "CTX" (E Trac 2 which it had started life as) for 3 years before any of you guys got your 'mitts' on it!