Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

garys sonar progs have u tried em?

Posted by diggers 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
garys sonar progs have u tried em?
May 20, 2019 03:27PM
AND ANY FEEDBACK ON EM FOR DEPTH? FOR THE DEUS....... SONAR 1 AND 2 .....SOME GUYS SAY THEYRE MEGA DEEPEST OF ALL
Re: garys sonar progs have u tried em?
May 20, 2019 04:00PM
I use both sonar programs, they are not as deep as other programs because you are running reactivity at 4. They are good in iron trash but when you get out in the open I would recommend using the deep program it is by far the deepest stock program other than goldfield. I used the sonar program based on deep at DIV 45 in Culpeper, VA and it did very well in that bad soil. Higher reactivity speeds usually do better in bad soil because it takes a quicker snapshot.
May 23, 2019 04:48PM
They are not depth monsters but I have other programs for that smiling smiley

I use Sonar 1 a lot for relic hunting out in the woods. I like the way it sounds off after long periods between targets. It does exactly what Gary intended, grabs your attention.

Jerry
May 23, 2019 05:00PM
I solely use the 'Sonar' prog these days,have it installed on both my machines one setup runs the LF coil and my other one the HF coil,folks say why have 2 setups ?? one is basically a backup machine for say a long weekend dig.Sonar may not be the deepest setings but its certainly good for almost all my permissions as most targets are within the top 7-8'' inch range anyway,if i suspect anything is deeper on a pasture site or when deep ploughing has just taken place then i would not necessarily use the Deus as i would probably use one of my Nexus machines or TDI pro.

But could never get on with the Hot settings on the Deus as they scrambled my brain all that constant bloody noise in your headphones,but Sonar just emits that one big bang of a signal when you go over a 'potentially' good target.

So yes it certainly gets my vote.
May 23, 2019 08:10PM
Junk and Disorderly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> But could never get on with the Hot settings on
the Deus as they scrambled my brain all that constant
> bloody noise in your headphones,

Maybe that explains my cognitive disability smiling smiley
I used the Hot program exclusively for a long time before deciding on something much quieter. Sonar takes that to the opposite extreme but I do enjoy the change.

For most of my hunting I use a three tone programs that I am still tweaking on. That is what I love about the Deus. Something there for everyone.

Jerry