Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Letting you guys have first dibs...

Posted by Daniel Tn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Letting you guys have first dibs...
June 20, 2019 06:27AM
I have decided to get out of detecting. Mainly due to my job....I work 70-84 hrs a week and just have too much on my plate. We run a goat farm outside of my public job and started coaching my niece and nephew in archery as well. There's just not enough free time left to do anything. With that said, all my equipment is up for grabs. I post here the most, although I have been quiet the last couple/few months. I thought you guys should have first choice.

Detectors : I have a GPX 4800 with 3 coils...stock 11 inch, DeTech 15 spiral, and CoilTek 14" DD. I have the harness, 2 Minelab batteries and 2 coiled power supply wires. Control box cover, etc. I did paint the metal rod a nice vibrant yellow to make it stand out. I'm gonna ask $1,800 for the whole GPX package.

Tarsacci MDT 8000 - Everything as factory stock, including the carrying case. I do not have the original box. This was Chris Woods unit that I bought from his family after he passed away. I would like to get out of it what I have in it, which is $900. I also have a brand new pair of Tony Eisenhower waterproof headphones for it that I just bought, that I will sell for $100.

Equinox 600 - Comes with everything from the factory, but I added the Sr-71 wireless headphones to it. I would almost keep this one but I've only been detecting once in the past 2 months. I'm gonna ask $450 for it. I do have the original box for it as well. It is 1 yr old and has been underwater a lot...but never any issues.

Have a newer XP pinpointer...the MI6 model. Its not even 6 months old. Will take $90 for it.

Have a bunch of other stuff I'm gonna go through. Also gonna sell off select items from my Civil War relic collection. It sure ain't doing me any good sitting in a display case. When I'm dead and gone, I don't have any kids to pass them down to, so chances are it's all gonna be thrown away or put in a yard sale for a few bucks. Will get some pics posted up and that sort of stuff.

If you guys think you might be interested in anything, PM me or email me: dteague1216@gmail.com

I will give it a week or so here and then begin posting on other sites.
Re: Letting you guys have first dibs...
June 20, 2019 09:54AM
Well that's ashame Daniel. Since I have been on here if memory serves me, you have done this twice before and had to re-tool when you started back into detecting. I guess that's the way to do it...then when and if you start back up, you'll be getting the newer tec rigs. I don't think you sold your collections before though. Good luck in all your new adventures and maybe you'll visit us when you can. Good Luck there Daniel from Tennessee.
cdv
June 20, 2019 10:40AM
Sad to hear although, if I had the same schedule, I would do as you are doing. PM sent on the Tony headphones. I have a friend in Ohio that "may" be interested in the MDT. I will contact him and let him know. He is a member of the forum.

Cliff
June 20, 2019 11:12AM
Say it isn’t so Daniel?
Understood though, there’s only so much time, priorities come first. Detecting's in your blood, don’t think we’ve seen the last of you...

Dang it Cliff, I wanted those headphones! LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2019 11:13AM by Aaron.
June 20, 2019 11:55AM
You will be back Daniel Tn.---Once you've been bitten by the detecting bug there is no cure.----I thought you just stated (June 10th) on Steves forum that you were considering the purchase of a good used CTX?-----I'm sorry to see you go as I've always enjoyed your posts.---Better keep a detector or two for when you "get the itch".------Del
June 20, 2019 12:33PM
Sorry to hear you have to work that many hours. 70+ hours a week is incredible. You must still be fairly young. Be careful you don't burn yourself out. For me, it's vital to my spiritual well being to have at least one day a week where I can do the things I enjoy and not do any work..
June 20, 2019 12:58PM
It's not that I don't still want to go. I just do not have time to do so. 84 hrs a week gets old but there are not a lot of other options here that make the money I make. The downside is the overwhelming overtime. June is about gone and I've had 5 Saturdays off since November 2018. Only 3 of those were full weekends off...and one of those was only due to my grandmother passing away. The vehicle industry is BOOMING....either that or Toyota is giving vehicles away. When I am not at the public job work, the goat farm thing is 7 days a week no matter what. They have to be fed, doctored, etc. There's always a fence needing repair or moved. It never ends.

If there were a few more days in the week, I might could squeeze in some time to go. At the start of the year I was going after work of the mornings but the problem there is, I was beginning to have to drive an hour or more from home just to get to my detecting sites. Not a good thing when you work midnight shift from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Those eyes get heavy quick.
June 20, 2019 01:36PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's not that I don't still want to go. I just do
> not have time to do so. 84 hrs a week gets old bu
> t there are not a lot of other options here that m
> ake the money I make. The downside is the overwhe
> lming overtime. June is about gone and I've had 5
> Saturdays off since November 2018. Only 3 of thos
> e were full weekends off...and one of those was on
> ly due to my grandmother passing away. The vehicl
> e industry is BOOMING....either that or Toyota is
> giving vehicles away. When I am not at the public
> job work, the goat farm thing is 7 days a week no
> matter what. They have to be fed, doctored, etc.
> There's always a fence needing repair or moved. I
> t never ends.
>
> If there were a few more days in the week, I might
> could squeeze in some time to go. At the start of
> the year I was going after work of the mornings bu
> t the problem there is, I was beginning to have to
> drive an hour or more from home just to get to my
> detecting sites. Not a good thing when you work m
> idnight shift from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Those eyes get
> heavy quick.

Take care of yourself Daniel.-----I was a "workaholic" in my working years also, overtime hours galore.----I ended up with ulcer(s) and major surgery that almost killed me.-----Since then, I had to learn to relax & "smell the roses".-----Life's pretty short when you really think about it.------------Del
June 20, 2019 02:16PM
The Mighty Daniel shall return!
June 20, 2019 02:26PM
Yep, trust me, none of this over time has been voluntary LOL. Some of my coworkers crave it and volunteer for more than what we are already made to work. To put it into perspective...some of them have a base pay gross of around $46,000 a year based on 40 hr week, 2080 hrs a year. They will finish the year at grossing over $100k with the over time. I'm the opposite of a workaholic. I've been looking for something else for months now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2019 03:41PM by Daniel Tn.
June 20, 2019 03:23PM
Daniel, I’ll take that XP Pinpointer.

Hope you find a job w less hours, soon. That type of schedule is going to age you way before your years!

Aaron
June 20, 2019 03:51PM
Pinpointer is sold pending payment.
June 20, 2019 04:37PM
Of course, the MI6 was the only thing I could afford and wanted. Sigh...

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
June 20, 2019 05:15PM
Daniel,
PM sent on mdt
June 20, 2019 07:35PM
Eat a goat ...... save a detector lol. Life has surprises for us all........never know.
June 20, 2019 07:41PM
What are the major differences between the 600 and 800 as I forget now? Tone volume adjustable breaks? And what else?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2019 07:45PM by Harold,ILL..
June 20, 2019 07:57PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> What are the major differences between the 600 and 800 as I forget now? Tone volume adjustable breaks ? And what else?

Lots actually:

[www.minelab.com]
June 20, 2019 08:38PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> What are the major differences between the 600 and
> 800 as I forget now? Tone volume adjustable breaks
> ? And what else?

In addition to Cal’s Linked info.
See this link.
Pages 33, 51 and 52.
[www.minelab.com]
June 20, 2019 10:37PM
600 or not $450 is a great price w the phones. My cousin just got back into detecting and bought a new machine this week. This would have been a great deal for him, oh well.
June 20, 2019 11:07PM
I agree Aaron, cannot believe nobodies snagged it yet....even tried to get TomCA to bit, but just cannot get that Explorer2 out of his hands long enough to spend a couple of months learning the Equinox.....oh well, I tried.
June 20, 2019 11:41PM
MI6......dang pastortom......I though he was selling an M16.... i was all in at that price lol.
OBN
June 20, 2019 11:58PM
Wishing you well and Good Luck on your adventure.

Blood Member of RingKeepers
2020......Gold Rings....73....Misc Gold 1 .......Silvers ...110
June 21, 2019 12:19AM
Don't fret boys. Big D will be back. He's going thru another skirmish like we all do from time to time. But he'll be back as good or better than ever.winking smiley
Re: Letting you guys have first dibs....
June 21, 2019 01:11AM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> I agree Aaron, cannot believe nobodies snagged it
> yet....even tried to get TomCA to bit, but just ca
> nnot get that Explorer2 out of his hands long enou
> gh to spend a couple of months learning the Equino
> x.....oh well, I tried.

Funny thing is I’ve had the SE PRO, ETRAC, EXCALIBUR and CTX.

Of all these MINELABS, the EQUINOX is the easiest to learn (for me) and the most versatile. The more I use it the more I love it.

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
Re: Letting you guys have first dibs....
June 21, 2019 11:57AM
It's probably a good time for Danial to sell his machines anyway and start over with new technology when he gets back into it. There will be some incredible new machines coming out in the next few years.

The day will come when Danial has some time off and the bug will come back.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2019 11:59AM by Badger in NH.
June 21, 2019 11:46PM
Sad to hear Daniel - You have inspired me all the way over here with your knowledge and posts -

I like many hope you pick up on the hobby again - thank you smileys with beer

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
June 24, 2019 03:31PM
Okay guys, everyone that bought something, thank you. Everybody that has paid, I shipped the items this morning. If you have not received a message from me with your tracking, please let me know and I will get it to you.

The Equinox and Tarsacci have sold and shipped.

The waterproof Tarsacci headphones have sold and shipped.

The XP pinpointer has sold...awaiting arrival of M.O.

Thank you guys as well for the interest in some of the relics...some of those have also sold and are shipped.

I do still have the GPX but think I may actually hold onto that one. I actually have too much $ wrapped up in that one and would never get close to what I've got in it. It's not eating anything anyway.
June 24, 2019 03:59PM
Yeah, I’d hold onto that GPX, you know it’s only matter of time till you get the itch again.....

June 24, 2019 09:42PM
The Mighty Daniel has left the building.
When will He return is the question?
June 26, 2019 09:58PM
Managed to get some of Daniels relics from him. Some real nice history here. I’ve never had the chance to relic hunt down there let alone hold a .69 cal before. Man! That’s a BIG bullet, 42 grams!

Thanks Daniel!

Aaron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2019 10:14PM by Aaron.