Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Free Tesoro Metal Detectors

Posted by tabman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Free Tesoro Metal Detectors
June 21, 2019 04:53PM
Looking back over the years I estimate that over 80% of my gold jewelry finds have been made with Tesoro detectors. I know for certain that my best finds have been made with Tesoro detectors. All of those Tesoro finds have easily paid for my Tesoro detectors many times over and have paid for a good part of all my latest and greatest high-tech detectors.

Has anyone else had the same experience?

tabman
Re: Free Tesoro Metal Detectors
June 21, 2019 04:55PM
I agree 100% Gerald. Tesoro's have always been my favorite, now DeepTech's are.
June 21, 2019 07:17PM
When I first saw the post I thought you were giving away Tesoro detectors? Ha!
June 21, 2019 07:28PM
I have always loved Tesoro's. I still have a Lobo ST w/ ground balance adjusted internal.
June 21, 2019 08:15PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When I first saw the post I thought you were givin
> g away Tesoro detectors? Ha!

Haha! A lot of those gold finds, especially wedding bands, were found with the Tesoro Golden µMax.

tabman

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2019 08:16PM by tabman.
June 21, 2019 10:44PM
tabman Wrote:

> Has anyone else had the same experience?
>
> tabman

I've had the same experience :-) I used Garretts and Minelabs for about twenty years, and found silver rings but no gold jewelry of any kind. Since switching to Tesoros about two years ago, I've found five gold items, including a gold/platinum diamond ring with an (appraised) value that would more than cover all the money I've spent on the hobby.

In fact, the only other gold items I found in my pre-Tesoro days were with analog machines built in the 1980s, before I decided to "upgrade" to a Garrett GTA 1000.

For me at least, analog machines lend themselves to a different style of hunting that seems more conducive to finding gold.

-Ken
June 21, 2019 11:46PM
tabman Wrote:
> Looking back over the years I estimate that over 8
> 0% of my gold jewelry finds have been made with Te
> soro detectors. I know for certain that my best fi
> nds have been made with Tesoro detectors. All of t
> hose Tesoro finds have easily paid for my Tesoro d
> etectors many times over and have paid for a good
> part of all my latest and greatest high-tech detec
> tors.
>
> Has anyone else had the same experience?
>
> tabman

Yep, I paid for my Equinox the first month, several times over. One gold and diamond ring paid for it by its self.

======================================================

You can see my videos here: [www.youtube.com]
My blog is here: [thesilverfiend.com]

======================================================
June 22, 2019 12:24AM
My Equinox 800 paid for itself the first few months, my Racers and Impact paid for themselves several times over, as did my F75 LTD/2.

Come to think of it, the one and only gold coin I've found, an 1865-S $5, found with the Nokta Impact, has paid for ever detector I've ever owned smileys with beer

Just got to get out and use them, they pay off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2019 12:29AM by Cal_cobra.
June 22, 2019 12:48AM
Cal_cobra Wrote:

>
> Come to think of it, the one and only gold coin I'
> ve found, an 1865-S $5, found with the Nokta Impac
> t, has paid for ever detector I've ever owned smileys with beer
>

You're welcome. It was the least I could do, for a good friend, to leave that there for you. smileys with beer
June 22, 2019 02:49AM
Tom_in_CA Wrote:
> Cal_cobra Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > Come to think of it, the one and only gold coin
> I'
> > ve found, an 1865-S $5, found with the Nokta Imp
> ac
> > t, has paid for ever detector I've ever owned smiling smiley
> -D
> >
>
> You're welcome. It was the least I could do, for
> a good friend, to leave that there for you. smileys with beer

Thank you for missing that in the area you worked hard the previous time we were there drinking smiley
OBN
June 22, 2019 04:26AM
I think sometimes one just seems to connect best to certain brands, for me it's been one detector, the Excalibur. It's been a real love affair that cost me nothing, a real first in this crazy old world.

Blood Member of RingKeepers
2020......Gold Rings....73....Misc Gold 1 .......Silvers ...110
June 23, 2019 01:58AM
Why do you think this? Is the Tesoro "better" than others in some way at finding gold rings? Or, do you swing it more and, therefore, that just happened to be the detector in hand when you got the coil over a gold ring? Or, is it because it's only a beep and dig machine so it forces you to dig all non ferrous targets and you are not letting VDI numbers " talk you out of digging yet another aluminum trash target"?

Dean
June 23, 2019 02:39AM
Yep, you nailed it.

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
June 23, 2019 03:38AM
Tesoros were cheaper. Tesoros were light weight. And didn’t Tesoros use concentric coils? Mostly.

So loads of Tesoros were used.

What else back in the day was its competitor unit considering price, weight and separation ability??

If one used a Tesoro and another detector but the Tesoro was sniffing out the gold. And the other wasn’t ( giving the other unit similar/same opportunity to sniff gold jewelery, I think I would have found out the reason back then. Not now with the Tesoros discontinued.

I mean how many gold rings will a Tesoro sniff out a Deus won’t? Likely few. Or even the cheaper than Deus ORX.

Modern trash has increased in USA with time. This is a big deal. It is for me. Metered Detectors are the IN thing!!
Like At Pro/At Max and the lovely Equinox.

Knob job Detectors with no meters will likely never be the IN thing ever again.
And I will likely never buy one either again. Been there and done that.

Hunting older sites with little modern trash are getting harder and harder to find. Thanks to deer hunters, etc.

I ran a couple models of Tesoros. I could definitely see why folks were attracted to them. Light as a feather.
June 23, 2019 01:48PM
It's difficult for those that have never used a Tesoro (or some other single tone beepers) to understand that the term (single tone) is a misnomer. In practice that one tone has an extensive range of sounds that provides a wealth of information in crackles, pops, smooth, harsh, solid, and other name descriptions that say dig or not to dig.

Tesoro discrimination circuit design also has something unique about it that I know nothing about except that it works well and is very reliable. I currently also use a Deus and Etrac and they too have their place.

I like the Deus for iron separation, choice of frequencies, light, and being truly wireless. The Etrac is a silver magnet and still probably has the most options in programming and accessories but the Etrac is heavy and makes a support harness a useful accessory for long hunts.

Perhaps the new "X" detector has some really good attributes but I always remind myself that the majority of my best finds over the past 20+ years have been 5 inches or less so am I missing something? I don't know but I would think the Deus should at least give a hint.

I personally believe that the Tesoro crowd extolls it's virtues from more than just a nostalgia perspective. They do perform, I have 8 of them and at least one always goes along on the hunt with the Deus just in case...of what? I don't know but like Beephead says my best finds have been made with Tesoros so it don't seem right to leave an old friend behind that has a proven performance history I reckon.

Have I found anything with my latest and greatest that a Tesoro wouldn't have found? I would have to say no so far but I still enjoy using them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2019 04:09PM by Arkieologist.
June 23, 2019 03:26PM
bado1 Wrote:
> Why do you think this? Is the Tesoro "better" than
> others in some way at finding gold rings? Or, do y
> ou swing it more and, therefore, that just happene
> d to be the detector in hand when you got the coil
> over a gold ring? Or, is it because it's only a be
> ep and dig machine so it forces you to dig all non
> ferrous targets and you are not letting VDI number
> s " talk you out of digging yet another aluminum t
> rash target"?
>
> Dean

Dean: Very good post.

Over the years/decades, various machines have come and gone that tout "better ability for low conductors". And ... of course .... the inference being : "Better at gold jewelry". Right ? But I agree with you that having a machine that's "better at low conductors" is hardly a needed objective for a lot of places that we hunt. I'll bet that if the standard coin machines (said to be "good on silver") would SIMPLY LOWER THEIR DISC. KNOB, that they could .... likewise .... fill their pockets with low conductors in junky locations as well.

Oh ... sure ... the signals may not be as "bold" as the 2-filter Tesoros. But ... on the other hand, lack-of-low-conductors to choose from, is hardly the problem that people face in the standard park, school, sandboxes, etc...

The exception would be very dainty jewelry (teensy thin earings, some thin chains, etc...). Then .... yes ... most of the power-house machines will fail on those. But the only time I would ever implement the chasing of such things, is perhaps on the beach . And only-then-so, in certain situations. Like when mother nature's erosion on the inter-tidal zone has washed out the lightweight aluminum. In which case, the Tesoros are not good wet-salt machines in the first place.

The love I have for the Tesoro 2-filters is in ghost-townsy situations, where they are much superior for combating iron-masking.
June 24, 2019 03:19AM
Arkeologist-
I understand what you're saying about the nuances of " beep and dig" tonal variation. I've swung a GPX for many years hunting nuggets and have become very good at distinguishing iron trash from nuggets....out in the gold fields though, I dig it all.

Thanks Tom. The only time I've swung a Tesoro was way back before PI tech while nugget shooting. I hated it. Others must have too. Over the years I've found three Tesoro's abondoned out in the gold fields. One was just this past winter all burned and melted in an old fire ring. I believe the first two were set down and their owners just couldn't remember where they left them. One was completely buried in a wash by sand. Both had been there a long time. Thankfully, the gold bug came along and rescued me. Then PI. I would never go back to a VLF for nugget hunting. I've never tried a Tesoro for relic hunting.
I believe the trick to recovering gold rings/jewelry is to dig all low conductors no matter what detector you are swinging. As you said, if a guy would turn the disc down his gold recovery would go way up...as would his aluminum recovery. I know I have passed up gold jewelry because of my unwillingness to dig the low conductive "trash" signals....Not because of the detector I was swinging. I guess I should get one of those xtra special CZ whatever's that can tell gold from aluminum winking smiley!

Dean

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2019 01:09PM by bado1.
June 24, 2019 11:22AM
Points well taken Dean, I spent quite a bit of time in Broome, Perth, and Darwin working so I have a large amount of respect for those that trek and detect the Western Gold Fields. Not for the timid to say the least.

I've never hunted for Gold nuggets but it seems that the universal term "dig it all" pops up in conversation often when the topic references elusive targets such as Gold or Relics for example no matter the detector make or model. Reality checks can be a good baseline.

We don't often run across detectors thrown away here, that can get expensive.
June 24, 2019 01:39PM
Expensive indeed. I can't imagine anybody purposely throwing away their detector, although, there have been a couple of machines I was tempted to wrap around the nearest tree! I believe the first two were lost. The burned one may have quit working so they decided to use it as firewood. This past winter a guy camped near us found a back pack containing a bunch of small baggies filled with Meth. All neatly measured out ready for sale. Talk about paying off a few detectors! He called the Sheriff's department and turned the whole mess over to them.