Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What is this new vista x???

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: What is this new vista x???
June 27, 2019 05:58PM
Hey TNSS You seem to study my post with great enthusiasm( but a bit scurried through).But I still thank you for the attention you place on me..It means alot!

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

I direct you post 127 paragraph section 14 paragraph 22.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

And here's the verbatim line I used." I've dug no big iron with the X since running it now about 25 hours.Even in my big iron sites.I hear it but know its iron by the way the tones sound even n just nail reject.of 20.And picked brass out of the sites of all shapes and sizes."

I dint say I hadn't dug nails or small iron trying to dig small stuff little small blips of nail falses will call any machine out that's a given ..I'm stating that with the audio it hasnt fooled me into digging big iron like and ill add this a Tejon does at nail reject. And I'm still able to pick small brass out of the big iron areas..Am I getting all the non ferrous? no. some is masked.But unless I want to remove the big iron I pretty well know its big iron..and yes ill remove the big iron at some point to get whats swamped by it.

I'm my own man and live my own life..I help out in whatever weird way I can..I'm not educated and make mistakes like everyone else but I try to be forthcoming and show what I do know..I leave the technical stuff for the brainiac's.Maybe that's you?? so maybe you can delve deeper into how many bolts and nuts come with the machine.I dont know I got a pre release model when the packaging wasn't complete.But yes the release model will have a flashy new box with color pics like most modern machines come in nowadays maybe a manual?? I dont know.I did tell the factory something mechanical I was concerned about the unit and we will see if its on the final release.If it dosent it wont make or break it and its an easy fix.

What's funny is I never really cared to go be a tester or anything else I just wanted to share info ..And maybe get machines built for what I want to do from my unorthodox postings...And if right now I thought I wasn't helping people in a neighborly way or thought I was being obtrusive I would stop and realign my thoughts to help in another way.I do give my opinion on things as I've got the right to as anyone else.. is it right ?? to me it is and that's all I can do..I promise you it takes more time than I really have to make videos and write however grammatically wrong it is ...I like to hunt alot and I enjoy that and research etc..I want tools to help me in the field that's my quest to prove history with a metal detector.

If you want to be a top field tester and be able to provide all the info (as i cant do either in a top fashion) I wish the best for you..It does not take away from what I do in the least.I post to be part of a group of liked minded individuals and enjoy the camaraderie and if I never post or contribute to any forum again that to is my choice in life. .I still will hunt and have fun with my hunting buddies and we will talk shop and laugh and enjoy life.

I hunted this morning and will hunt again when the weather cools off this evening..Yes I'm going out to enjoy my detecting time.If I find something unique which I haven't in awhile I may post it up !!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
June 27, 2019 06:27PM
Well said Ole' Keith Southern!
I hope you get out there and find some Rebel brass to post up.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2019 07:17PM by Harold,ILL..
June 27, 2019 08:08PM
Ok Keith.
On this smaller brass, etc., other nonferrous. Any comments on disc settings ( being able to raise) and still get the signals. How is separation /unmasking affected with disc setting?
Any other comments as far as what you witnessed when digging these Finds? Like any maskers or potential maskers noticed when digging?

Next question.
Seems most grand unmasker VLF detectors will indeed alert on fence staples, nails bent approx 90 degrees or more. Does Vista X follow suit here?

Next question
How does vista X do detecting nonferrous as it is dug or being dug?
Does it for example still pick up in the plug when plug is removed still giving high tone majority of time? Or does it give low tone many times ? Assuming user is using 2 tones.

Would you recommend a pinpointer using this detector ? Think you have said in the past you don’t use pinpointer lots of the time using other models.

Am I correct, the only way to mitigate for Emi using this vista X detector is via sensitivity/gain setting?

Last question here for a while at least.
If you could only keep one deeptech detector. Either the gold gain or vista x, which one would you keep for your needs and WHY?

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2019 08:28PM by tnsharpshooter.
June 27, 2019 10:14PM
That's a good question.

How does the Vista X compare with the Gold Gain.
June 28, 2019 01:18AM
Don't tell Tnss Keith or we will have to endure the new X exspurt.
June 28, 2019 02:49AM
Just saw Cals YouTube video regarding the X. According to him “the DEUS is state of the art”.
Does he realize that the DEUS was built from the GOLDMAXX POWER platform? A “knob job” obsolete anolog detector?
Also, if you go on Rogers Relics forum, many of those seasoned relic hunting chaps who sold their GMPs to buy a DEUS, ended up going back to the GMP, and many of them are STILL using the GMP....a 16 year old analog detector. Why? Because it’s STILL state of the art. Check out Toms field test on it from 2013, he even admits how amazing the sound is and how it’s able to produce 2 different co located target sounds at once and wasn’t even sure how they did it! If I’m relic hunting, I’m taking the GMP, I don’t need a meter, it’s only going to talk me out of digging a target.

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

Aaron

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2019 02:52AM by Aaron.
June 28, 2019 03:24AM
Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Does he realize that the DEUS was built from the G
> OLDMAXX POWER platform? A “knob job” obsolete anol
> og detector?

Aaron,

If I am not mistaken, didn't the first versions of the Deus have a GoldMaxx program as one of the options ?
June 28, 2019 03:36AM
Yes, it had a GOLDMAXX program which was supposed to replicate the GMP, however it wasn’t the same or as good, probably because it wasn’t......ANALOG.

Aaron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2019 04:06AM by Aaron.
June 28, 2019 11:19AM
Aaron Wrote:
> Yes, it had a GOLDMAXX program which was supposed
> to replicate the GMP, however it wasn’t the same o
> r as good, probably because it wasn’t......ANALOG.
>
> Aaron

Thought so. Like the saying goes 'Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery'. Deus designers must have known how good the GMP is.

Nothing beats analog sound in my book. As Joe Walsh sings "I'm an analog man".
June 28, 2019 11:47AM
This was waaaay back when we all started getting our DEUS’s....

Keith Southern Wrote:
> I myself personally after having used the GMP see
> the DEUS a little less for intended purpose iron
> hunitng for artifact's a little more for coin
> hunting though when compared to the GMP......But
> If i had never had a GMP I would be more than
> pleased with the DEUS...Not knocking the DEUS one
> bit it's an outstanding machine...but that's
> before discovering the GMP also...
>
> One thing right off the bat though is the DEUS is
> more behaved in iron than the GMP...GMP is very
> noisy in iron but communicates volumes if you
> listen...the DEUS is more pleasing yet very
> capable..
>
> There's something different about the GMP I cant
> quite explain but it does something a little extra
> in iron..not much but something...Audio wise more
> than anything else..
>
> I would love to have either...I just have the GMP
> and like what it does...
>
> I know in the U.K. they have some reason also for
> running the GMP at like half throttle..Not sure
> why..I can actually run it into the red zone on
> power pretty easily...in dense iron seem's to give
> more umph...
>

June 28, 2019 01:36PM
Aaron Wrote:
> Just saw Cals YouTube video regarding the X. Accor
> ding to him “the DEUS is state of the art”.
> Does he realize that the DEUS was built from the G
> OLDMAXX POWER platform? A “knob job” obsolete anol
> og detector?
> Also, if you go on Rogers Relics forum, many of th
> ose seasoned relic hunting chaps who sold their GM
> Ps to buy a DEUS, ended up going back to the GMP,
> and many of them are STILL using the GMP....a 16 y
> ear old analog detector. Why? Because it’s STILL s
> tate of the art. Check out Toms field test on it f
> rom 2013, he even admits how amazing the sound is
> and how it’s able to produce 2 different co locate
> d target sounds at once and wasn’t even sure how t
> hey did it! If I’m relic hunting, I’m taking the G
> MP, I don’t need a meter, it’s only going to talk
> me out of digging a target.
>
> [www.dankowskidetectors.com]
> d.php?2,27373
>
> Aaron

The Deus is state of the art regardless of the platform that spawned it. Nobody would argue that the Deus isn't "state of the art". A no meter "knob job" is not state of the art....no matter how good it sounds to a few hunters. I believe the " no meter knob job" is referred to as retro.

Dean
June 28, 2019 01:48PM
By the same logic, a recording of a piece of music is not “state of the art” - when it could be video?

What about if you go to the concert - but close your eyes?

Sorry, the purpose of a metal detector is to detect metal - how it informs the user is subject to many constraints. For example UXB and mine detectors often have vibration, since headphones would perhaps reduce the operator’s “situational awareness” and a speaker would increase the enemy’s.

Whatever it takes to cause the operator to increase recovery of the targets he seeks is good. Whatever decreases such recovery percentage is bad.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
June 28, 2019 01:50PM
bado1 Wrote:
> Aaron Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Just saw Cals YouTube video regarding the X. Acc
> or
> > ding to him “the DEUS is state of the art”.
> > Does he realize that the DEUS was built from the
> G
> > OLDMAXX POWER platform? A “knob job” obsolete an
> ol
> > og detector?
> > Also, if you go on Rogers Relics forum, many of
> th
> > ose seasoned relic hunting chaps who sold their
> GM
> > Ps to buy a DEUS, ended up going back to the GMP
> ,
> > and many of them are STILL using the GMP....a 16
> y
> > ear old analog detector. Why? Because it’s STILL
> s
> > tate of the art. Check out Toms field test on it
> f
> > rom 2013, he even admits how amazing the sound i
> s
> > and how it’s able to produce 2 different co loca
> te
> > d target sounds at once and wasn’t even sure how
> t
> > hey did it! If I’m relic hunting, I’m taking the
> G
> > MP, I don’t need a meter, it’s only going to tal
> k
> > me out of digging a target.
> >
> > [www.dankowskidetectors.com]
> ea
> > d.php?2,27373
> >
> > Aaron
>
> The Deus is state of the art regardless of the pla
> tform that spawned it. Nobody would argue that the
> Deus isn't "state of the art". A no meter "knob jo
> b" is not state of the art....no matter how good i
> t sounds to a few hunters. I believe the " no mete
> r knob job" is referred to as retro.
>
> Dean

I would regard the Fisher Impulse AQ as state of the art and its a no meter 'knob job'
June 28, 2019 02:37PM
The Fisher Impluse AQ is a PI, all Pi's that I'm aware of have no meter. If XP had stayed with an analog design they wouldn't be what they are today.
June 28, 2019 02:48PM
Look up "state of the art' definition. In terms of detecting in the modern day state of the art would include things like wireless (everything), update able, program-able, gps, clock, etc. Not to be confused with "capable". The X certainly seems capable although not state of the art.

Dean
June 28, 2019 03:56PM
Abenson Wrote:
> If XP had stayed with an analog design they wouldn't be what they are today.

XP is a special case. It's not the digital change that made them great, it's more the "wireless" concept and the small, light package (in my opinion). If the Deus had a wire, a clunky control box on a normal aluminum s-rod, they wouldn't be what they are today either. It's the futuristic (and genius) design with lots of attention to detail. The high price made it also "exclusive".

They have an army of "believers" with lots of people who don't even know how to use the advantages of this machine. They hunt with "wrong", slow settings (and VDI numbers) in scenarios where other, less expensive machines could do better.
And yet they are convinced that it's the right way, because "it's a Deus". There is lots of psychology involved.

How often do people hear: "I hunted behind someone" "who had a Deus"...
It could be a total novice, who just bought his first detector (a Deus), used Basic 1 and followed his favorite "coin VDI numbers", but everyone believes that the place must be cleaned out...

Should DeepTech go digital? Why offer "just another digital" detector which probably could not match the competition, when you can build a great analog "instrument"? There are lots of people who already figured out how misleading numbers are (especially at times, when almost every place has already been hunted).
And there are lots of people who appreciate the fastest way of "target recognition", which happens in the brain, delivered by audio.

Not every company has to follow a "trend". Some can survive, BECAUSE they specialize in a small area.
I think, DeepTech should refine what they have, because it's a great foundation. There always will be people who prefer knobs. I love knobs. ...but not on my (old) Vista Gold model...
June 28, 2019 05:31PM
If the Vista X had multi tones or tone breaks, I would try one out. I don't really hunt by the numbers anyway, but numbers do give you a good idea of what you're going to dig up. That's what's so nice about the Deus, you can hunt by tone or you can look at the VDI. You also have the option to change the settings for the site to your hearts content. You would have to have way more knobs on a machine to make all the changes the Deus can make. Well worth the money IMO. If XP had stayed analog I guarantee I wouldn't own one. But yea there are still those that like analog machines, I imagine there will always be a market for them.
June 28, 2019 06:02PM
I’m passing on the vista X.
Absenson nailed it.
Someone brought up goldmaxx power.
It is 3 tone capable.

Would have been nice if Detect X had a 3rd tone option. And maybe rather than using the 2 switches to make unit ambidextrous use the switch on left, and allow a user of detect X to set their their 3rd tone and have it float where they want using disc knobs. Might take some ingenuity to make work, but would certainly been nice. And definitely make the unit more user friendly in modern trash. Or for those who do want to do select digging and speed things along moreso.

Cheers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2019 06:04PM by tnsharpshooter.
June 28, 2019 07:35PM
I'm sure that the X is a very capable unit. I'm just not in to the "retro" thing. I like state of the art tech.
My sister-in-law wants to buy one of those retro " canned ham" travel trailers. It's driving my brother nuts. You get none of the modern day "state of the art" amenities for the same price as a modern trailer. I don't get it , personally. To each his own.

Dean
June 28, 2019 08:42PM
bado1 Wrote:

> My sister-in-law wants to buy one of those retro "
> canned ham" travel trailers. It's driving my broth
> er nuts. You get none of the modern day "state of
> the art" amenities for the same price as a modern
> trailer. I don't get it , personally. To each his
> own.
>
> Dean

You mean she wants to buy an Airstream ? Handmade in the US, all aluminium,lots of windows, hard wood cabinetry with premium hardware, versus something fiberglass, plastic and particle board ?

She is pretty smart.
June 28, 2019 10:31PM
First the Fisher CZ-6, CZ-6a & CZ-5. Then...…. the digital CZ-7, CZ-7a, CZ-7a Pro & CZ-70. Now...… all those digitals are gone. Now...….. we're back to the analog/knobs CZ-3D.

I sometimes hunt with a State-of-the-Art Equinox..... in modern parks; yet, NEVER look at the screen.

Lessons Learned = It's ALL in the audio.
June 28, 2019 10:57PM
therover61 Wrote:
> bado1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > My sister-in-law wants to buy one of those retro
> "
> > canned ham" travel trailers. It's driving my bro
> th
> > er nuts. You get none of the modern day "state o
> f
> > the art" amenities for the same price as a moder
> n
> > trailer. I don't get it , personally. To each hi
> s
> > own.
> >
> > Dean
>
> You mean she wants to buy an Airstream ? Handmade
> in the US, all aluminium,lots of windows, hard woo
> d cabinetry with premium hardware, versus somethin
> g fiberglass, plastic and particle board ?
>
> She is pretty smart.

No. Not the original Airstream. Those are quite nice. These are brand new "Retro" canned hams.

Dean
June 29, 2019 12:07AM
>
> No. Not the original Airstream. Those are quite ni
> ce. These are brand new "Retro" canned hams.
>
> Dean

Dean...got it. I think I now know what you are referring to.

The Airstreams are really nice. A bit on the high side, but I am saving up !
June 29, 2019 01:02AM
One thing that we all have to remember is metal detecting is a hobby and meant to bring a measure of pleasure. If you find happiness with a pin pointer duct taped to a stick and then scoot it across the ground, I am happy for you and will not criticize you for it. When we get upset for one reason or another because of likes or dislikes,could we be defeating the purpose of our detecting.
Using a metal detector successfully, involves a number of factors, one near the top, being the user and hours that he has used a particular detector. Case in point, the older ML Explorers.
That detector had the ability to "tell" you things that other less experienced users didn't know because they didn't have 500-600 hours on the machine. I sold a number of E-TRACs just to take them back because the "language" of the Explorer wasn't there. Taking a detector out of a box, putting it together and hunting an hour or so with it, doesn't make me an authority with it.This is true in most situations in life, for example, I have been married 47 years, do I know my wife better now
that I did a week after we were married ? You
had better believe it...
As far as DeepTech, I may be wrong but I think it is a hybrid of sorts, a combination of
analog and digital.
June 29, 2019 01:49AM
Richard,
The more I think about what you said as far as deeptech’s being hybrid, I agree.
Why?
Is the Etrac a digital detector?
I think most would agree it is.

Some time ago it was stated when running Etrac don’t use long tones. Doing so would slow detector evidently to provide signals or as good a signals.
So if this is true.

What about tone on deeptech?
Not adjustable it seems for length.

I guess I need to ask. What makes a analog detector be classified as an analog detector?
Is tone provided a factor?.

Deus for example is zippy compared to the deeptech warrior I had.

Yeah what does deeptechs have inside for components vs say Etrac, Deus, white’s mx sport for examples.

Guess I could ask, are analog detectors designed on more of a go no principle vs doing more precise measurements?

Just being meterless, does this make a detector rated as analog??
Could a detector be truly defined as digital yet have a moving needle display?

Is Xp Goldmaxx really an analog detector or is it digital detector without meter?

Maybe I need to ask.
Over the years say since 1970, would it be fair to say there was a gradual trend as new models were being developed.

What was the first detector deemed digital released and what was it??

Has the term digital as far as definition evolved over time?.

I worked on analog navigation systems on C130 aircraft. Saw some digital ones too and worked on c141 and c5 as well as repaired equipmentt used for technical training to train folks to work on avionics systems on aircraft.

Yeah there’s were so-called digital inertial navigstion systems on aircraft in 1970s and 1980s, but the stuff they have now blow this supposed older digital away.

In the air force any electronic box that didn’t possess integrated chip was deemed analog.

Is this detector by just looking at internals, digital or analog?
[m.youtube.com]

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2019 02:31AM by tnsharpshooter.
June 29, 2019 02:44AM
TNSS,
As a ham radio operator, I used analog equipment and filters were used to clean up the signal, high/low pass, band pass, etc. Those signals were sine wave but now with a conversion to using a square wave, much more can be done with filtering. DSP can filter signals mathematically and remove most unwanted data and maintain desired information.
Hopefully, in a couple of weeks, I can answer some of your questions about the Vista X.. HH Richard