Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

next vanquish clue with video

Posted by GreenMeanie 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
next vanquish clue with video
July 17, 2019 11:20PM
https://www.minelab.com/vanquish

youtube

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2019 11:23PM by GreenMeanie.
Re: next vanquish clue with video
July 18, 2019 12:18AM
LOL, thats funny.

======================================================

You can see my videos here: [www.youtube.com]
My blog is here: [thesilverfiend.com]

July 18, 2019 12:19AM
Seems a little over the top to me...

I must be getting old. cool smiley

(Great production quality, though.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2019 12:21AM by Mike in CO.
July 18, 2019 12:36AM
Fun video and a great way to market a product which isn't for sale yet.

Nice ergonomics likely - unlike the ergométrica that is the
Equinox.

Best open question is is it simultaneous multi or switchable singlefreaker.?

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
July 18, 2019 01:44AM
lytle78 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fun video and a great way to market a product whic
> h isn't for sale yet.
>
> Nice ergonomics likely - unlike the ergométrica th
> at is the
> Equinox.
>
> Best open question is is it simultaneous multi or
> switchable singlefreaker.?

Looks like MineLab took a page from the FTP Aquamanta marketing book....

Yeah, the ergonomics on the Equinox are great, don’t know what that’s implying.

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
July 18, 2019 02:11AM
Aaron. I imply nothing. I state the following. .

The ergonomics of the Nox are inherently flawed. The axis from the armrest, through the center of the handgrip, when projected to the ground, hit a point well in front of the coil center. The yellow line shows this clearly.

This was pointed out to me by none other than Dave Johnson (designer of some of the most successful metal detectors ever produced) when I showed him my new Nox in El Paso last spring.

The result is that every swing start or swing reversal introduces a twisting force which your wrist must resist. The point of most pressure in this case is at the top of the handgrip and the underside “wings” of the control housing - the area circled in red. I found this quickly caused irritation and then pain to the area of my hand which were in contact with the underside of the control head.
Attached Images

Rick Kempf
July 18, 2019 02:39AM
I would say its simultaneous multi as it says plain as day its multi IQ tech in the commercial at the end..
July 18, 2019 02:42AM
The ole build up for detectival. You reckon??
July 18, 2019 02:45AM
I bet it is.... I like the black and yellow they are using. A direct shot across the bow of the garrett ship......I think she might have just took a direct hit and she is starting to sink,....
July 18, 2019 02:51AM
Seems to me it will probably be a multi, Minelabs biggest success has come from multi frequency detectors, if it ain't broke don't fix it, just augment it. jmho
July 18, 2019 02:54AM
I agree with the Equinox. Your arm is not lined up with the shaft. It helped mine a lot adding more cushion. A better solution would be to raise the arm rest.
6j by Rick Covert, on Flickr
July 18, 2019 02:56AM
Rick,
C’mon man, we all know who Dave Johnson is....
I’ve spent many hours w that machine and most of it in the water, where there’s a lot more torque exerted on the wrist and shoulder. I’ve yet to experience any problems and I’m approaching my mid 50’s. I’ve stayed in good shape my whole life. I think about all the machines I’ve had since the mid 80’s even within recent years that were not ergonomically idea, like the Etrac. I never suffered from any physical problems. So the Equinox is not ergonomically perfect, so what, it’s light as a feather and it works GREAT.

July 18, 2019 04:30AM
My guess, it's a relic machine based around the 2 nox field programs.
ML took a massive slice of the cake with the Nox, they might leave very little behind for other manufacturers after the Vanquish.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2019 06:31AM by ghound.
July 18, 2019 06:17AM
Is this intended to go head to head with the simplex?
July 18, 2019 06:29AM
This pic says it has multi, it's going to rock!

July 18, 2019 10:28AM
Yes. It's M-IQ.
July 18, 2019 01:12PM
One can always use a counter weight like on Steves shafts. The Nox is nose heavy........but none the less light weight over all....and lets face it the lighter the uppers get the more nose heavy the coil will be. Im 67 .... put in a lot of hours beach and water hunting.... broke the coil ears and the cuff .... thats how hard water hunting torque is. Maybe being nose hunting will make more keep the coil where it belongs....... LOW. NOW....... we will see if Fisher has it right..... thats a big coil. As far as this machine.....im not really following it.
July 18, 2019 01:34PM
Looks like the Red Coinmaster Pro.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
July 18, 2019 03:31PM
multi-iq for all, the comparaison with the yellow guy garrett, the look of the vanquish that could have a been a garret ace 250 in red lol made me think,
It gonna be a cheaper version of the equinox 600 and they might go against the simplex and garrett.
Maybe that why nokta makro are delaying the release of the simplex.
July 18, 2019 03:59PM
And the battle for market share goes on!-----That's good, just hope it is in the high end (performance) range.
July 18, 2019 04:00PM
Why does it seem like this would be more appropriate for an Excalibur? Just sayin'

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
July 19, 2019 09:16AM
Yes, that video is a bit OTT all right!

I'm glad they have ditched that 'iPhone' tall control box design for what appears to be a 'more streamlined AT Pro' type of box?
Easier on the hand and to swing and hopefully will have 'normal battery power' too?

One thing I noted and could be wrong is, the length of the top end rod from hand grip to elbow - looks overly long? Looks plasticky too and don't know if I'd like that red color in the build?

My take is: "Vanquish", is a progression and the next step-up from the "X-Terra series?" It'll be an 'all-rounder?' Possibly 'not' a beach detector (the video highlights land use)
An 'X-Terra' replacement - they might also offer a few differently specced models? 3 for sure and maybe a 4th - there never was a progression on the 'X-Terra 705', so they could do that this time?

Pricing will be competitive I'd say? Less than the 'Equinox 600' - maybe starting @ $499-799...? (all this is pure conjecture on my part)
July 19, 2019 01:25PM
I still have a lurking suspicion that the V will turn out to be a selective multi frequency - kind of like the X-Terra but without the need for coils for each freq. I was pretty sure of this when the MD-Hunter site called it "VFLEX IQ”technology and said it would have 5 frequencies. Now ML is saying "MULTI IQ” and showing 5 guys on the video?

Who knows, I am still curious how, if it is true simultaneous multifreaker like the Nox, it will avoid cutting deeply into Nox sales for cucula beach hunters.

Time will tell.

Rick Kempf
July 19, 2019 05:52PM
My opinion is it's going to be simultaneous multi-frequency. Minelab defines Multi IQ as Simultaneous Multi-Frequency on their website. I think it's going to be below the Equinox. It will probably have different detection modes to choose from like Park, Beach and Field but you won't be able to internally adjust anything to do with the mode like you can on the Equinox. Recovery speed, iron bias, etc. will all be fixed for that mode. Just my thoughts. Somewhere I thought I remember there being 3 models as well, so you might have a lower end one not waterproof and the top end one waterproof.
July 19, 2019 06:37PM
The man himself (Tom) done told you it is multi IQ in the above post. l ytle78 Wrote:
> I still have a lurking suspicion that the V will t
> urn out to be a selective multi frequency - kind o
> f like the X-Terra but without the need for coils
> for each freq. I was pretty sure of this when the
> MD-Hunter site called it "VFLEX IQ”technology and
> said it would have 5 frequencies. Now ML is sayin
> g "MULTI IQ” and showing 5 guys on the video?
>
> Who knows, I am still curious how, if it is true
> simultaneous multifreaker like the Nox, it will av
> oid cutting deeply into Nox sales for cucula beach
> hunters.
>
> Time will tell.
July 19, 2019 07:30PM
Yeah, he does the field tests, he should know

July 19, 2019 09:51PM
lytle78 Wrote:
> I still have a lurking suspicion that the V will t
> urn out to be a selective multi frequency - kind o
> f like the X-Terra but without the need for coils
> for each freq
. I was pretty sure of this when the
> MD-Hunter site called it "VFLEX IQ”technology and
> said it would have 5 frequencies. Now ML is sayin
> g "MULTI IQ” and showing 5 guys on the video?
>
> Who knows, I am still curious how, if it is true
> simultaneous multifreaker like the Nox, it will av
> oid cutting deeply into Nox sales for cucula beach
> hunters.
>
> Time will tell.

NOPE! The video ad says, "multi-IQ for all". It based directly on the EQX detector.

You can see my videos here: [www.youtube.com]
My blog is here: [thesilverfiend.com]

July 19, 2019 11:03PM
Is Rickie stirrin up things AGAIN???winking smiley
July 19, 2019 11:17PM
Hey Silverfiend - how about replying to my PM over on Treasurenet or my comment on your website about how you incorporated verbatim about 200 words of a post of mine on this topic into your blog without any credit or recognition?

Not nice.

Here’s my post on “Metaldetectingforum” from 18 May (I also posted it on Steve H’s forum the same day)

Two “leaks” have been posted. A place called Finders Keepers labeled it a “Multi IQ” machine (like the Nox) - another site MD-Hunter posted that there were 3 of them described as VFLEX IQ - VFLEX is the technology used in the X-Terra

OK?,? here’s my guess. (Posted originally at Steve’s place) I guess that MD-Hunter’s post is right and the Finders Keepers one is wrong. I guess that its “VFLEX IQ” and not “Multi IQ”.

Why, because this new machine (or series) is likely intended to fill the big hole left in the under $600 range by the near disappearance of the X-Terra line. The sales of these must be languishing and the GoFind isn’t an adequate substitute. The VFLEX Technology was highly touted but 3 frequencies and needing separate coils for? each frequency confused the heck out of would be buyers and would put a real enthusiast in the poorhouse.

If I’m right, then I suspect this will be pitched as a breakthrough in single frequency detector design using the I/Q technology developed for the Multifreakers. Here’s a bit from Minelab about the IQ part of Multi IQ (just mentally delete the first three words of the below text).

Simultaneous Multi-Frequency In-phase and Quadrature Synchronous Demodulation.

We can go to a statement from Dr Philip Wahrlich, our principal technology physicist, about a key difference of Multi-IQ compared to the demodulation taking place in conventiona?l single frequency VLF detectors:

“Within the Multi-IQ engine, the receiver is both phase-locked and amplitude-normalized to the transmitted magnetic field – rather than the electrical voltage driving the transmitted field. This field can be altered by the mineralization in the soil (in both phase and amplitude), so if the receiver was only phased-locked to the driving voltage, this would result in inaccurate target IDs and a higher audible noise level. Locking the receiver to the actual transmitted field, across all frequencies simultaneously (by measuring the current through the coil) solves these issues, creating a very sensitive AND stable detector”

On the other hand, they preached so hard about multi now “obseleting” singlefreakers that it might be hard to go back.

The CDX replacement will ta?ke a lot longer I suspect as they learn from the shortcomings of the Equinox what the “Supernox” has to be in order to justify a greater than $1k price.

? We’ll see.?

Rick Kempf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2019 11:32PM by lytle78.
July 19, 2019 11:19PM
Hey, my “VFLEX IQ” theory was a perfectly good theory. Was it correct? Probably not - but as I said above - We’ll see.

Rick Kempf