Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

1021 CZ-3D Tuned by Tom w/8", 12" & 5" coils for sale

Posted by Chris Woods 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
1021 CZ-3D Tuned by Tom w/8", 12" & 5" coils for sale
June 16, 2011 12:15AM
The CZ fans here were instrumental in my decision to buy this machine and send it to Tom so I'm posting this here before posting it to the other forums.

After much deliberation I have decided to sell my CZ-3D which was tuned by Tom in April (his service tag is attached to the bottom of the control box). The serial number is 10210839 and according to Tom it was made around Feb., 2005. This is a phenomenal unit and I hate to see it go but unfortunately it must.
In Tom's words (taken from PMs he sent when he had the detector):
"Auto-tune is (now) a bit hotter...........and is now the preferred choice if you are in the wet salt. 'Enhanced' specs are now hair-splitting good.........and same with the 'salt' mode."
and in a later message
" .......Finished checking/testing coil........and the coil is flawless/perfect.
.......I spent considerable time (at my interest)....in stabilizing the unit a bit more than factory specs.
......This unit will acquire a clad dime (in real-world Florida dirt/conditions) at 11.8" with coil cover installed. And 12.0" with coil cover off. This is a VERY good unit. Do NOT take it for granted."

I also have the Fisher 5" coil and Sunray 12" coil. The package price is $800.00 shipped CONUS via UPS. This is CONSIDERABLY less than I have invested in the setup. Send me a PM if you're interested.
Re: 1021 CZ-3D Tuned by Tom w/8", 12" & 5" coils for sale
June 16, 2011 12:27AM
Neugene, your not giving up detecting, are you?
June 16, 2011 12:46AM
No, hopefully never. My daughter has really got the bug and wants an F75 LTD.
I agree with Tom, and probably everyone else here, that the 3D is the best coin shooter around. We are spending most of our free time digging old home sites that are littered with iron though.

On top of the fact that she is Daddy's girl, at 17 she also carries a 4.0 GPA in college level courses (she's made straight A's since kindergarten), NEVER gives me any problems and has been turning down scholarships since she was thirteen, opting to finish high school instead. She also says "Please", "Thank you", "Yes Ma'am" and "No sir" with no prompting from me.

In exchange for all of her hard work and integrity, she gets pretty much what ever she wants. (Thank God she doesn't ask for much.)

So, in order to fund her F75 LTD. I am selling the 3D.

Oh the things we do for our kids............
June 16, 2011 01:21AM
That's awesome Neugene, detecting with your daughter. I can't get my daughter or my wife to pick up the detector and try it, no interest whatsoever. My daughter will go bay fishing with me though, she is 24.
What machine are you going to use?
June 16, 2011 03:01AM
Only because I have both machines....and I do not know her experience level. If she is new to detecting I strongly suggest she stay with the 3D.
Nuegene.......Re: 1021 CZ-3D Tuned by Tom w/8", 12" & 5" coils for sale
June 16, 2011 04:50AM
Thanks for sharing about your daughter. Have a GDaughter 3 years older than yours.........same exact scenario as your daughter.....to a 'T'.........not bragging..........just glad to hear about anyone's kids/g'kids that are doing something with their lives and were raised well. Needs to be more of that in our country..........I get depressed hearing about the 'bad' ones all the time. I wish the both of you, and all the Dad's here great happiness in all your father/daughter activities.
Re: Nuegene.......Re: 1021 CZ-3D Tuned by Tom w/8", 12" & 5" coils for sale
June 16, 2011 02:50PM
Chris,

A option for you. Normally, I would never do this.......but.......I have 'inspired' kids.... both off-base.....and at work. If you want,,,, I have a certified/validated F75 LTD/SE that I could sell to you (your daughter).........and.........could give her one-on-one dual-headphone F75 training.......at a relic site (here in Florida). If she is truly a attentive/high-performance learner.......this should be an attribute. In this specific case......I would not charge for one-on-one training. ((( I might assign her to babysit my 2 daughters for a evening ))).

Completely your call.
June 16, 2011 03:22PM
DANG!!!
I wish I got that offer w/my LTD!
June 16, 2011 04:33PM
Nice offer... eyeball to eyeball from an experienced detectorist.....((priceless))
Sure will cut down the learning period...all it takes is attentive student...patient teacher kind of thing....
June 16, 2011 10:19PM
Thank you Tom, that is an unbelievably generous offer. As much as I would love to come down to your neck o' the woods to spend a few days and take you up on it, I am up to my eyeballs at work and will be for a while so a 1400 mile round trip to Fla. is not in our immediate future. I have been talking to someone about a used LTD but your offer of a certified/validated unit intrigues me. If you get a chance, PM me with the details.
Thanks again,
Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2011 11:56PM by Neugene.
June 16, 2011 10:45PM
Detector is sold pending funds. Thanks Paul.
Tom D...Re: 1021 CZ-3D Tuned by Tom w/8", 12" & 5" coils for sale
June 16, 2011 11:22PM
1400 mile trip to get a babysitter for one night. That would have been a record I thinksmiling smiley
Re: Tom D...Re: 1021 CZ-3D Tuned by Tom w/8", 12" & 5" coils for sale
June 17, 2011 12:59AM
PM sent.
June 17, 2011 02:07AM
Sold and paid for. Thanks again Paul