Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 LTD Concentric vs. DD?

Posted by Chris Woods 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 LTD Concentric vs. DD?
June 22, 2011 01:09AM
The CZ-3D sold and I bought a second (used) F75 for my daughter which included the 11" and 5" DD coils as well as the 6.5" and 10" concentric coils.
Tom replied to a post I made about 8 months ago regarding the small elliptical concentric coil saying that it would be a good choice when bottle caps are a problem.
Are there any other circumstances, environments or types of hunting where the concentric coils would be a better choice or out perform the DD coils of similar size?

Chris
Re: F75 LTD Concentric vs. DD?
June 22, 2011 01:34AM
I think concentric coils make target identification alot easier under all but the most mineralized circumstances. Great for moderate to heavy trash areas. I assume your daughter is fairly new at detecting, so I would recommend the concentric for the first part of the learning phase, then the 5" DD, and last the 11" DD. The 11"DD can be a handful, even for experienced detectorists. On my T2, I used the 5" to learn DD hunting. Initially started with the 11". Big mistake. I couldn't decipher hardly anything. And I had 30 yr's experience using concentrics. The 5" greatly sped up my DD learning curve. JMHO
June 22, 2011 02:18AM
Been using my 3D w the 8" concentric lately, in real old, trashy pulltab, iron laden areas that Ive been POUNDING w my Explorer, Etrac and V3 for along time and I cannot believe the old deep Wheats and nickels Im finding.
I think alot of us underestimate the power in the concentric coils.
June 22, 2011 10:42AM
Very true.

Concentric coils are less (audible) fatiguing............and ........ even though they are more prone to masking................they just may keep you in the game...and for longer periods of time.
June 22, 2011 12:59PM
A lot of truism in the last few posts guess thats why I like the concentric of a CZ.

Do remember using a different coil larger, smaller different makeup is almost like changing units to a degree and can get confusing as they all take getting used to. I know one fellow thats uses the stock, larger and smaller CZ coils
and if hunting an old yard uses all 3 of them and its surprising at the results as they all produce and find old coins the other coils miss..Myself like to stick with the stock coil but guess whatever works is the name of the game.
June 22, 2011 03:34PM
Funny you should mention that Dan. I just searched the front yard of a 1912 Sears Roebuck house w/my 3D/8"coil and I found a lot of wheats and old buffalo & jefferson nickels but no silver. There were some areas that had soooo much iron. I still have to do the backyard, but I'm gonna re-hunt the front yard w/a 5"coil.
After that I'm going to try the LTD w/a 5"