Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Research Question

Posted by tmanly 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Research Question
June 23, 2011 01:46AM
I know that most of the research is done about the Civil war period. Location of battles , camp sites, etc... Over the weekend I found and read a book on local Indian tribes. The book was very specific about battles, location and
amount of settlers and indians who were killed. i was wondering if anyone else has researched and searched these areas. If so were you able to may any finds?

Tom in SC
Re: Research Question
June 23, 2011 02:54AM
I've been hunting Indian war (1st, 2nd & 3rd Seminole Indian).....fort sites for a few years now...........and with great success.
June 23, 2011 04:13PM
Here in Ohio I located where the Shawnee town was located. The farmer let me walk his land and told me that 15 years earlier some metal detectorists pulled what looked like old rifle barrels and gun parts out of the field. I may go back one day and hunt it.
June 24, 2011 01:34AM
Best not to wait too long things change sometimes in a short time

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 24, 2011 09:19AM
I have hunted Indian Wars sites as well , here in Florida.
June 24, 2011 12:12PM
Some may have already read it..........but I have a Seminole Indian War Fort site hunt article on the home-page (half way down) of this web-site titled: Ft. Meade, Florida. The article includes high-resolution photos that you can click on.....and continue to zoom-in.
June 24, 2011 02:03PM
Sold our home and will be moving to Fla by the end of July. Thou beach hunting is interesting.... this sounds more in line with my interests. You guys may have some company out there. I like the research and love the hunt. Being retired gives me the time to do both.

Dew
June 24, 2011 07:32PM
Besure and hang on to that E-trac they are awesome deep silver coin machines. The E-trac and CZ-3D are the only two detecors I ever really loved. I liked a lot of detector's ,But not loved them like those two. And a Nautilus IIba as far as a non metered machine.
June 24, 2011 09:45PM
Correct. . . . yet..........if you are going to be a serious Fort-site hunter,,,, you may really want to consider the F75 LTD/SE with both 11" DD and the 5" DD coils.

Florida is loaded with Seminole Indian (pre-Civil War) sites. There were 3 Seminole Indian Wars. 1817-1818. 1835-1842. 1855-1856 (with pre & post skirmishes). Florida is also home of the oldest city in the United States...... that being St. Augustine. Also......Spaniards flooded the entire Eastern seaboard of Florida during the 1500's, 1600's and 1700's.

One major problem. Florida is a big sandbar. We are badly in need (overdue) of professional equipment that can ascertain 'era' depths. 'Period' depths.
June 28, 2011 08:36PM
Very nice article Tom and a very nice case almost outshines those relics (almost) I read the Seminole were the first to intruduce guerilla warfare to a young United States!rr7

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2011 08:41PM by rapidroy7.