Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

im here!!!!......................update!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by seeker41 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
im here!!!!......................update!!!!!!!!!!!!!
June 24, 2011 02:24AM
well, first i would like to say thanks for all the good luck comments! and especially thank you to those that gave me some suggestions for fossil hunting. i did not get hardly any hunting done, an hour here two hours there( my normal hunts are 4-6 hours) and there wasn't much found!! got knocked off a couple good sounding targets in chest deep water and just could not get them in the scoop, i can see i need allot of practice there!!!!!!!!!!

now for the big news............. i will be getting allot of practice after july 11th because that is the move in date at my new beachside apartment in the beautiful, warm in the winter state of florida east-central coast.
i wont have to deal with the life-sucking ohio weather any more, ive been back in ohio for 4 days and ive barely seen the sun ..............anyway, that's what i was doing most of the time, apartment hunting.
chuck.
Re: im here!!!!......................update!!!!!!!!!!!!!
June 24, 2011 02:29AM
Do you need someone to clean the condo.....polish the detectors? Congrats on the lifestyle upgrade.

Do any of you water hunters have a recommendation as to a particular brand of scoop for Seeker when he gets into that chest high water? I would guess some scoops do a better job than others.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2011 04:22AM by TerraDigger.
June 24, 2011 03:20AM
Hey Seeker , Welcome to the Sunshine State. I'm originally from Chicago and I know that winter sucks up there. Summer down here gets very warm but that's why they invented water hunting.
Another beach hunting tip if the hunting is a little slow try hunting near the bikinis at least it won't be boring. Especially during Spring Break but watch out you're apt to get whiplash.

Congrats on the move and if you get over to Tampa Bay area get in touch we have about 34 miles of beach and could use a little herlp!

Suncoast Wally
June 24, 2011 09:16AM
Good luck with your search & welcome to Florida ,,, land of sunshine & Lovebugs !
June 24, 2011 12:03PM
Chuck,

You will want a stainless scoop with at least a 6" basket.....that employs hardware cloth (chicken wire)........not the one with drilled holes. Welcome to my neck-of-the-woods!
June 24, 2011 12:19PM
Seeker,
You can even begin to know how envious I am of you!. lol
June 24, 2011 09:19PM
my Tesoro dealer talked me into what I believe is called "the monster". At first I thought do I really need a giant scoop like that? The dealer was dead on you really need a big strong scoop. Mine actually weights 7 pounds and I only use it in the water so I don't really feel the weight. It can really dig and quickly. Comes with 2 year warrantee. Look for tha type of scoop. Mine cost $160. but I got a deal picking it up with my new Sand Shark. Eventually you may want to make a floating sieve it makes searching easier. surf the internet for some ideas on how to build. Best of luck and welcome to Florida. I'm from Michigan and been here for 16 years and will never leave.
June 25, 2011 02:41PM
Welcome Chuck!

I know you will soon get used to hurricanes, mosquitoes, love bugs, cockroaches, heat, humidity and...................bikinis!

One little piece of advice. When your are in chest deep and happen to see the smaller bait fish jumping nearby, considering leaving the water and taking a break. Jumping bait fish = BIG fish with BIG teeth nearby.

Best of luck to you in your new adventure in life!

FB
June 26, 2011 02:52AM
thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

terradigger...............in the not to distant future i may be needing a poolboy, estate watchman, butler, etc:.........lol.

Suncoast Wally......waterhunting and bikinis........got it! will be over to your side once in a while.

Esteban................lovebugs??????

tom.......................i have a rtg 6 inch aluminum(no wire screen) and a detectorpro(mike from michigan) 8 inch stainless very small holes scoop.
yes, i am very much in your neck of the woods!! my wife may be able to baby sit for you and yours some time.

stoopstroop..........i have always wanted to do this and i wasn't about to let fear or degree of difficulty stop me. they tried, unsuccessfully!!!!!!!!!

stan54.................thanks. i have some good scoops, i just have to get used to hunting in the waves.

floridabob.............yes, i have been "bumped" a few times. what was it...i dont know, i didnt stick around to investigate!!!!!!!!