Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CTX built to be expensive?

Posted by Tom Slick 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: CTX built to be expensive?
December 18, 2019 03:04AM
If it could be done properly using a one coil setup, wonder if multi IQ and fbs2 could be run in the same detector. Mind you not simultaneously, yet give operator a choice of which to run.
If put into one detector would be a grand item imo especially in USA!!!
December 18, 2019 07:05AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If it could be done properly using a one coil setu
> p, wonder if multi IQ and fbs2 could be run in the
> same detector. Mind you not simultaneously, yet g
> ive operator a choice of which to run.
> If put into one detector would be a grand item imo
> especially in USA!!!

ha ha ha------you ready to shell out for that one???
December 18, 2019 01:51PM
John = correct.
December 18, 2019 02:49PM
Technology marches on. Today's hotness will be tomorrow's quaint little has been. I look forward to spending my money on the next great breakthru.
December 18, 2019 05:53PM
Minelab has already stated that they have gone as far as they can with FBS. All future multi-freq will be M-IQ.

======================================================

You can see my videos here: [www.youtube.com]
My blog is here: [thesilverfiend.com]

======================================================
December 19, 2019 02:04AM
Is an earring back considered “micro jewelry”? Please excuse my ignorance of the meaning and lingo, I don’t hunt jewelry as a rule...but HOW small is the normal detectorist going for? This is excluding flour gold and other ridiculously small stuff...
December 19, 2019 02:39AM
IDX...…. if it is made out of real gold..... then...… yes...…. a earring back is micro-jewelry.
December 19, 2019 11:35AM
Thx Tom....
December 19, 2019 12:15PM
As I said earlier.....We wanted an alternative for beach hunting with target ID and we gladly put out a large chunk of money. Would I do it again with the Equinox being another choice? No way. I personally see no benefit the CTX offers over the Equinox. Target ID? So what. The Equinox is going to detect that target. Depending on conditions like trash, iron, well manicured lawns I will make the decision on wether to dig it or not. Another Barber dime isn't worth the CTX cost. I actually find it hard to believe that Minelab now charges what they do for the CTX. And don't even get me started on swinging tha 17 inch coil. As heavy as a manhole cover.