Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Seems internet (social media) has caused longer lead times for detector product advertisement

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Months of talk of a model before actual release. Not all bad though if a manufacturer will read folks input as far as desires they want on a unit.
Wonder though how long is too long ? Before release.

Maybe someone here who detected before the internet. Could they share what the tendency was as far as lead times were with posting in treasure/detecting magazines.

Cases in point here. If any of my info posted is incorrect. I apologize. And will correct if need be.

I found this new C-Scope unit being mentioned back in Sep 2019. Target release seems is sometime in first quarter of 2020.

Makro-Nokta marketing rep mentions I believe what turned out to be Kruzer series (waterproof unit) here in this thread.
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]
And 13 months later unit debuted in this thread.

Tarsacci unit was broke publically Oct 2018 here in this thread and was released to public in late Nov/Dec 2018.

Minelab Equinox debuted (nonproduction unit) Sep 2017 at Detectival.
And mentioned on this forum here first.
Units release to public I believe late Jan or early Feb 2018

Nokta-Makro Simplex debuts here Sep 2018 at Detectival.
Looks like actual production units were being used by some folks in Oct/Nov 2019.

Garrett At Max looks like debuted May 2017. Video post in following thread.
Some production units were being used in the mid Sep 2017 time frame it seems.

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2020 04:53PM by tnsharpshooter.
I'm certain that all the detector manufacturers will read this with bated breath.
doc holiday Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm certain that all the detector manufacturers wi
> ll read this with bated breath.

I wouldn’t expect any manufacturer rep or leadership to read this thread at all.
Why?
If I had to venture a guess, they all know what is posted above.
Meaning they are all aware of the public goings on when it comes to competitors’ units.
There is some proof of at least some are aware.
If folks have been paying attention they have noticed just as I have.
Even what a competitor uses for marketing slang is noticed too.
Here’s the proof.
One of the more creative and imo very good videos for marketing. And I don’t and never have as of yet owned a Simplex+.
[m.youtube.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2020 05:46PM by tnsharpshooter.
lead time? LOL in the old days before internet you didnt know about a detector until its ads hit the magazines or you saw it on the wall in your local detector shop.

======================================================

You can see my videos here: [www.youtube.com]
My blog is here: [thesilverfiend.com]

======================================================