Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Kinda impressed by the Tarsacci (long read)

Posted by Daniel Tn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
cjc
Re: Kinda impressed by the Tarsacci (long read)
January 29, 2020 01:22PM
Great, informative post, Daniel. Great to learn a bit more about this detector's salt water capabilities. cjc
January 29, 2020 06:16PM
Clive .... I’m using it in the salt water... I believe Daniel is using it currently in the fresh water lake.
January 29, 2020 07:11PM
Daniel...…… that's critical engineering data to Dimitar & I. This is exactly the 'type' of data that we need...……… for further advancement.
I'm exceptionally happy that you are able to use a Threshold setting ….as low as -1. , . , . , . and still retain some form of good stability. This tells me a lot about your dirt conditions (mineralization).
And with you running a Sens setting of only '6'...….. and ascertaining the depths/performance that you are acquiring...…. also tells me 'how' well (or bad) the EM energy (signal) from the Tarsacci is carried/amplified by its ability to utilize the extra conductivity of the bad dirt. . . . . . so as to help 'carry' the signal/EM energy.
January 30, 2020 07:19AM
Tom -- If it helps (I doubt it does but I always pay attention to such things) the Tarsacci seems to ground balance in the 500s in the bulk of the places at this particular beach while in 12 khz. I said before that there were 3 sections of ground change on the stretch of beach. In one of them, the GB numbers do shoot up into the 800 range but that same section also seems to contain a lot of iron and nails and it's difficult to find a clean spot to GB. Since the water has dropped more (they are apparently draining the whole lake for some dam repairs), it has exposed a new section I have never been able to get to before. This area is well beyond where the most swimming activities occur but on the edge of where a lot of the adults will use floats/noodles to get out to and be away from splashing kids, etc. Anyway, the bottom content there is composed of say 2 to 3 inches of surface muck and then sand and gravel underneath it. This new area was freshly exposed (by just a few hours time) and was heavily saturated and difficult to maintain balance while just attempting to walk in it. I gave it up before I ended up face planting in it LOL As we hillbillies say "it was slicker than snot on a door knob". I don't known if anything of value will be there or not. I did find some quarters and one ring along the edge of it though.

I have a few more beaches I need to visit with the Tarsacci and then I may visit my civil war bullet field to do some playing in. IF it still exists. Last time I was there, it had been surveyed and marked for subdivision lots.
January 30, 2020 12:06PM
ALL of this data helps; primarily due to your type/volume-of-mineralization dirt.
It states: What was done right...….and...…..what can still be invented/improved.