Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Bill Ladd (Dig Fellas) using Simplex + (video)

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Bill Ladd (Dig Fellas) using Simplex + (video)
January 15, 2020 01:33AM
[m.youtube.com]

Btw this video posted just 43 minutes on YouTube before I posted here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2020 01:43AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Bill Ladd (Dig Fellas) using Simplex + (video)
January 15, 2020 02:29AM
Ole' Bill Ladd!
January 15, 2020 03:18AM
I can't stand Bill Ladd.
January 15, 2020 10:19AM
Those off key Frankie Valli screams after they dig up a good target is what makes me cringe. Was he in a Union camp/training ground...no CW battles up in Mass.
Nice buttons though, Mr Ladd.
January 15, 2020 12:28PM
All that screaming & carrying on---reminds me of a little kid trying to act like a man.---Too much for me!
January 15, 2020 01:23PM
Maybe he should dig up parks with shovels and yell 'Hello World' and everybody would pay him on the back and tell him how great he is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2020 01:26PM by Harold,ILL..
January 15, 2020 02:06PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe he should dig up parks with shovels and yell
> 'Hello World' and everybody would pay him on the b
> ack and tell him how great he is.

No Ole Harold----We don't want no shovels in parks either.----Is being "reasonable" too much to ask???
January 15, 2020 02:11PM
Maybe we should be giving attention to the detector and or the finds, NOT the person.
Anyone here met Bill? In person. I haven’t.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2020 02:12PM by tnsharpshooter.
January 15, 2020 02:16PM
No but be fair across the board with criticism. I never saw one negative comment when these other YouTube clowns were digging up parks with shovels and when I said something I was called a grumpy old man or a hater. I have more respect for a guy like Bill who has a true passion for history than a greedy newb just seeing how much silver they can get and ruining the hobby at the same time.
Ole' Del. He is even praising the Simplex.
I thought that alone would make everyone on here happy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2020 02:35PM by Harold,ILL..
January 15, 2020 03:23PM
I like watching his videos smiling smiley.
January 15, 2020 04:23PM
I think Bills hilarious, so what if hes a little goofy. I think alotta people are just plain sour grapes cause the guy finds all these great sites w the goods.

Whats the problem w using a shovel, especially if your park permits it? For the last 4 times Ive been to the park Ive spent time repairing holes some slobs w a regular digger is to lazy to fill back in. You can easily tell where the guys been hunting, just a mess.

Try finding where my Predator shovels been w the perfectly sqaure plugs.....

Aaron
January 15, 2020 04:36PM
Bad optics it just plain looks bad to a passer by. They complain and before you know it there is a No Metal detecting sign. You are very lucky if you park allows it as up here it is a big No No if you want to keep metal detecting.
January 16, 2020 06:42AM
Man tough crowd (and yes Harold you are a grumpy old man spinning smiley sticking its tongue out j/k ).

I think he's okay, makes some great finds, has an oddball sense of humor, and sounds like Edith Bunker, but he has the passion and he's a good hunter.
January 16, 2020 08:32AM
I found a nice medieval button last week, i was smiling as i gave it a little clean, then i put it in my pouch and kept detecting.
January 16, 2020 10:58AM
With a voice like Bill's he would never need to worry about taking to himself, it would annoy him. Just kidding Bill, I like your videos and your knowledge of the hobby.
January 16, 2020 12:45PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> Man tough crowd (and yes Harold you are a grumpy o
> ld man spinning smiley sticking its tongue out j/k ).
>
> I think he's okay, makes some great finds, has an
> oddball sense of humor, and sounds like Edith Bunk
> er, but he has the passion and he's a good hunter.

AAAAAAH-chie! Oh moy Gwod, I gought a kah-pah!
Siiiiiiii-ICK!
January 16, 2020 01:24PM
I've met him in person. I really don't have a high opinion of him after meeting him. I definitely wouldn't trust any reviews or product endorsements he does. He will sell out to anybody willing to give him something.
January 16, 2020 01:33PM
ghound Wrote:
> I found a nice medieval button last week, i was smiling as i gave it a little clean, then i put it in my pouch and kept detecting.

That's exactly what I do when I make a good find.

I guess that's why I prefer videos like Green Mountain Metal Detecting. Brad never puts on a fake show for the camera.

January 18, 2020 05:33PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> Bad optics it just plain looks bad to a passer by.
> They complain and before you know it there is a No
> Metal detecting sign. You are very lucky if you pa
> rk allows it as up here it is a big No No if you w
> ant to keep metal detecting.

“Bad optic?”
Okay hmm. Never heard that term before.
Last August I was hunting in the middle of a field w my shovel, out of nowhere a park ranger truck w 2 rangers in it pulls ups all smiling. They said “hey man, are you like a professional or something at this? I laughed and just said “no, it’s just a hobby”, why do you ask? Then he go on to tell we how impressed they were w how meticulous I was w my recovery and tools”
Then...just last month I was in the same place and a cop pulled up and just sat there in his Explorer and watched me WITH MY SHOVEL, dig over a dozen holes while he drank his coffee.
Harold, I believe you, us shovel guys probably would not be able to hunt in your area. However....its probably not us shovel guys who ruined it for everyone else, more that likely it was the guys using regular old diggers not using proper recovery techniques....

Aaron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2020 05:36PM by Aaron.
January 18, 2020 06:11PM
Yeah sure that's it enjoy your spots.
January 18, 2020 06:29PM
Wonder just where on Cape Cod???

Wonder if it's my former 'patch' in "East Harwich", into "Chatham" and "Orleans?"

I've always liked his videos and many years ago encouraged him to 'shoot' for better 'audio' in his videos!
January 18, 2020 06:49PM
I use a cub-shovel (the exact one you see in the DVD's)…… and I have had more complements about my "cute little shovel".
January 18, 2020 06:52PM
What Harold is saying is...to park enthusiasts, it doesn't sit well with some as they see you with a shovel digging holes in THEIR park. A small % of them will cause a stink with authorities, therefore , after so many stinks called in.... !! bhamm !!....there goes the no detecting sign.

It's is true that you can dig a cleaner hole and pop a nice plug with a sharp spade shovel...but the public doesn't know that... they see/optic you with a shovel. Capiche ?
January 18, 2020 07:15PM
Bill is quite a good hunter. He was hunting nail beds while the rest of us were running from them. The last few years he seems angry on videos using that troll doll for a while, and making fun of another hunter. If he sticks to what he does best he can put out some quality videos where they are in fact educational for history and detecting.
January 18, 2020 07:15PM
I use an Ames Floral Shovel for all of my dirt digging. Mostly fields and woods. I've used them for years. Small blade, hardwood handle, nice and light, and only $16. It digs really well but doesn't make you look like you are on a destructive mission. It's small enough that I can carry both the detector and shovel in one hand, so I look less conspicuous when walking to and from a site.

[www.homedepot.com]

If I was in a public park with mowed lawns and such, I would use something smaller. Normally, I don't like bending when I dig. My back can't take it. So I prefer a longish handle.

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2020 11:26PM by Badger in NH.
spot on Daniel
January 18, 2020 07:38PM
January 18, 2020 09:14PM
Aaron Wrote:

>
> “Bad optic?”
> Okay hmm. Never heard that term before.

Yeah, well, ol' Harrold considers a T-handle Lesche with a 3" wide blade equal to a #2 shovel. Its all the same "optics" in his mind.

======================================================

You can see my videos here: [www.youtube.com]
My blog is here: [thesilverfiend.com]

======================================================
January 18, 2020 10:28PM
Bill Ladd - keep on trucking brother

Funny & Exciting - if it makes you feel / act like a kid again, BONUS

[www.earthscan.co.nz]