Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

AT PRO users are you intimidated by the Equinox?

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
AT PRO users are you intimidated by the Equinox?
February 06, 2020 05:22PM
This is for you ole woody...ARE YOU INTIMIDATED???
Re: AT PRO users are you intimidated by the Equinox?
February 06, 2020 11:31PM
I wouldn't say they are intimidated as much as they are just too lazy to build a proper test garden.
February 07, 2020 01:57AM
That is about the story of it.
February 07, 2020 02:14AM
Hallelujah Reverend. Awesome sermon. Most moving message was when you started crying while talking about the evils of the Hoover Boys and their sinful use of Garrett detectors. You were on fire. hot smiley
February 07, 2020 06:20AM
how long did it take to waterproof a GPP? = 6+ years
how long did it take a you-tuber? = 6+ weeks

cant rush out a new product that will make your
storeroom null & void can we?

it is ideologies like this that has stifled US manufacturing - too busy trying to milk every cent out of every product, even if it means holding back on advancements because it will effect your current stock -

hence - so many re-releases of virtually the same thing - something Garrett and the other US manufacturers have been offering hunters year after year - new box, new stickers and a couple of basic changes - There you go, another latest and greatest

Personally I prefer companies that give a @#$%& about their customers and it is clear to see only a handful of manufacturers do go out of their way to help

That is where my money goes, everytime ....

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
February 07, 2020 01:01PM
Calabash do you still have that junky AT-GOLD that is useless in your test garden? If so I'll give you 100 bucks for it because I know it probably keeps you up at night being under the same roof as yourself. LOL!! I'm just messing with you!
February 07, 2020 01:10PM
What---beatin up that poor old Garrett AGAIN????------Time to move on to the next brand! smiling smiley
February 07, 2020 01:13PM
Thanks for the dedication Calabash, I feel honored .lol..Not to split hairs here, but I have a test garden that's around 12 years old,and I'll bet it's older than most here been detecting.lol.
I have never gotton anything free in my life although I'd take it if offered.Now, I have a 6,8 and 10 inch merc in one spot.Every machine I use will hit the 6 and the 8, only two machines will hit the 10 inch and they aren't the equinox or at pro.
Calabash, thanks for the video but with your limited time I would much rather you get those priceless artifacts.Good luck
February 07, 2020 02:11PM
I have most of the lastest and greatest detectors in my detector arsenal including your 2 favorites the Deus & Nox and would love to detect alongside you 'relic hunting' using just two Tesoro detectors, the Mojave and my modded Cibola. I'm not per se a 'relic hunter' but I can easily pick non-ferrous targets from ferrous targets with those two detectors. I bet at the end of the day you'll be wondering how I kept up with you using two inexpensive detectors. Don't get me wrong, my weapon of choice would be the Deus and I love the Nox. I'll bring digstomuchtrash (Lance) with me and we'll see just how good you really are. In return, I'll invite you and a friend to my hunting sites to do some old silver coin hunting.

tabman
February 07, 2020 09:33PM
Hey now Cal, looks like you’ve been called out!
I have no dog in this challenge as I own a EQX and many Tesoro’s.
I’d love to see this showdown on YouTube.....
February 07, 2020 10:12PM
"Let the Ball begin"!!!!!!!!!!!!smiling smiley
February 07, 2020 11:23PM
Careful Gerald, cal is a "advanced user with the A T Pro, Equinox and Deus."As stated on Findmall, anyway. HH jim tn
February 08, 2020 01:40AM
I am a advanced user with all 3 of those detectors and really dont mind telling yhall..... Oh yeah I forgot you guys think someone has to have been detecting a 100 yrs before they can be any good.

All the haters can say what they but my finds will speak for themselves....that I find on a consistent basis....

Not only am I a advanced detectorist but I am also a advanced researcher and site locator. It takes all 3 of those to be successful in this day and age ! It not like the OLD DAYS when you guys were running around battlefields filling up 5 gallon buckets with belt plates laying on top the ground!..………Put that in your vape and smoke it!!!

Tabman I am not worthy to detect with you...….
February 08, 2020 03:57AM
calabash digger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am a advanced user with all 3 of those detectors
> and really dont mind telling yhall..... Oh yeah I
> forgot you guys think someone has to have been det
> ecting a 100 yrs before they can be any good.
>
> All the haters can say what they but my finds will
> speak for themselves....that I find on a consisten
> t basis....
>
> Not only am I a advanced detectorist but I am als
> o a advanced researcher and site locator. It takes
> all 3 of those to be successful in this day and ag
> e ! It not like the OLD DAYS when you guys were ru
> nning around battlefields filling up 5 gallon buck
> ets with belt plates laying on top the ground!..……
> …Put that in your vape and smoke it!!!
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Tabman I am not worthy to detect with you...….

Testify Calabash!
February 08, 2020 04:29AM
Cal, this all sounds like you’re the one being intimidated. By Garrett detectors and the Hoover Boys. Ease up pal this is just a fun hobby.
February 08, 2020 11:35AM
I've got 10 Metal Detectors right now. Some 20 years old and 3 Are Garrett's. AT Max is one of them. I rarely ever find anything using any one of them that I think to myself, None of my other machines could have hit. Most of what I see found in videos would have been easily found with any of them. I have opinions on what works best for me depending on where I will hunt,{fields,yards,or the beach}. Pushing a machine or bashing one makes no sense to me unless you get gain from it somehow.
February 09, 2020 12:56AM
Everyone defending Garrett knows damn well the AT series detectors can't hold a candle to the Minelab Equinox
or the XP Deus detectors
To suggest otherwise is ludicrous.
Calabash is right you see him prove it time and time again.
February 09, 2020 01:41AM
The greatest thing of all.... The Hoover Boys do not post. They just hunt. And they are happy with their success. Sucks if you want to argue with someone that won't argue back.

As I stated before.....Field hunting is a choice of choose your poison. Hunt all day in a small area trying to listen for deep tones, or spread out and hunt large areas picking off the easier targets. Since the field will be tossed again and again the targets change with time. You can't argue with their satisfaction, work ethic, or choice of poison. They just don't worry about what is out of reach. I love their videos.
February 09, 2020 01:54AM
u2robert Wrote:
> Everyone defending Garrett knows damn well the AT
> series detectors can't hold a candle to the Minela
> b Equinox
> or the XP Deus detectors
> To suggest otherwise is ludicrous.
> Calabash is right you see him prove it time and ti
> me again.

Yea, your probably right

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2020 02:35AM by Woodbutcher.
February 09, 2020 02:10AM
I know what machine I use the most and the one I have the most confidence in, but I use more than one. I won't push my opinion on nobody. I answer some questions about the machines I use when asked. I see no reason for the bashing. I don't use an AT but I have used one and know it could find almost everything I see dug in videos. I chose the detector I use for the type of hunting I do most and have beach machines for when I go there.
February 09, 2020 02:27AM
Woodbutcher Wrote:
> u2robert Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >sorry, double post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2020 02:28AM by Woodbutcher.
February 09, 2020 02:52AM
Well,
I’ll weigh in here.
Craziest thing is the rest of the industry let Garrett ride the wave with the AT series for years. None would challenge with similar priced or cheaper waterproof.
Ashamed really.
White’s for one should be ashamed for not doing. Didn’t they make waterproof PIs? They had a good following back when. It has diminished loads i’m Afraid.
Game is changed now though.
Move over Garrett say hello to EQX and Simplex+.

AT series has been relegated to rear view mirror series. Sounds About right don’t it?
Repackaged at max was stupid idea. Sorry Garrett the truth.

The ole saying goes, if you can’t beat em join em.
Applies to metal detecting industry and something else. Hint starts with P. >>>>> P_ _ _ _ _ _ s.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2020 03:06AM by tnsharpshooter.
February 09, 2020 03:40AM
kevinnc Wrote:
> I know what machine I use the most and the one I h
> ave the most confidence in, but I use more than on
> e. I won't push my opinion on nobody. I answer som
> e questions about the machines I use when asked. I
> see no reason for the bashing. I don't use an AT b
> ut I have used one and know it could find almost e
> verything I see dug in videos. I chose the detecto
> r I use for the type of hunting I do most and have
> beach machines for when I go there.

Wrong, It's has nothing to do with opinion.
It's the Facts

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2020 03:42AM by u2robert.
February 09, 2020 04:05AM
Nothing about it is a fact in every situation or area. I don't hear nothing about the Equinox being better than the great Explorer or the Simplex being better than the Multi Kruzer. I have both of them and 8 more.
February 09, 2020 04:18AM
I could take a ace250 to a virgin site and load a pouch.

Try this exercise.
Take AT Pro to a 1700s-1800s old polluted with iron virgin detected site.
Hunt the site for a year using any and all coils on AT pro.
Then take a Deus with 9” Hf coil in there. Disclaimer: one needs to be proficient with.
See what happens?
Or take a Nox with stock coil in there.
See what happens.
Even do head to heads using At Pro on the Deus and Nox located finds.
Wonder what you’ll see/hear?
I have a good idea.

Now, even doing the above don’t really paint the whole picture.
What about allowable speed of detecting yet locate the finds.
Folks forget about this.
Deus with Hf coil can be used to hunt faster than At Pro can, lot of other detectors too,
Eqx can be used faster as well.
And tone provided using all mentioned detectors,
Which models give best audio on “challenged” yet located nonferrous targets?
Equinox does well in this dept, big time.
We won’t even venture into ID capabilities in polluted iron site.

So as time mounts using a model detector assuming user is in near master status or master status one will definitely realize the differences.
You won’t read this on the side of the box a detector comes in. Like this one better than this one, etc.

You want to know my opinion based on use using Eqx 800 vs single freq detectors even Deus. Even Deus with Hf coils.
Solo sitting nonferrous targets.
Lines of demarcation blurred on nonferrous with rough, corroded edges. Orientation and shape come into play too. Detector sees soil, soil, soil etc and all of a sudden the nonferrous is passé over. As minerals rise these lines get more and more blurred for all detectors. But multi IQ less affected. Minelab knows this very well. They tested this baby to high heaven. I have witnessed. So user error and detector error here -edge goes to EQX many times. Targets sing out with EQX and other detectors give borderline signals or signal that user thinks is ferrous.
Been there and seen this.
The truth.
I only report. I don’t build or engineer detectors.
Multi-IQ is NO hoax.
Some may think so.
I was a LF coil Deus user a lot. I saw the light. Deus LF coil combo still very good performer too. I promise.

If folks here all lived in Europe, and had choice of detectors based on their honest testing of all models in Europe Garrett at series would be passed by or forgotten about.

The ole boy behind Deus was sharpwouldn’t he? He realized what the shortcomings were with VLF detectors as he grew up. And bingo then came Xp goldmaxx series and Deus.

Cheers.

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2020 04:45AM by tnsharpshooter.
February 09, 2020 04:27AM
Lots of personal opinions here being pushed as facts.Not so..Features are more important to me than a inch better depth. And personally I've owned the equinox, have a deus and neither sound as good as a Garrett at pro..So yea, it's all opinion.

What's really embarrassing is it took other companies over 10 years to even get on the same playing field as Garrett and guys wanna praise these machines till no end.Isnt it funny how everything is compared to the at pro? I guess that shows who set the bar for others to catch up.
February 09, 2020 04:37AM
I was turned from the Deus for IDing all deep targets with a 99 ID. I uses a fast balanced machine that can cover lots of ground fast because I hunt big farms most of the time. A machine that is quiet and goes deeper fast than slow. If I posted videos of my hunts or opinions, I wouldn't disable comments. lol
February 09, 2020 04:41AM
I have a 20+ year old machine I kept just because it can find targets inches deep in pure black sand. Even my FBS and BBS machines couldn't do that. Other than that special feature, it's just a average machine.
February 09, 2020 07:31AM
It's oblivious who the people are that get gain from posting videos and posts on sites. It's easy to go to for sale sites and see what people are trying to recover their funds for too.
February 09, 2020 12:22PM
I am truly amazed every time this topic comes up and wonder why anybody would care two hoots what detector someone else was swinging and think it is their God given right to convince others that the detector those others are swinging is an inferior device. Is someone p o'ed because they didn't get sponsored and or free merchandise? I just don't get it!

I have an A T Pro along with a few other detectors, none of which that are an Equinox, and I simply enjoy using it from time to time. I am pretty sure, though, that the Equinox is a better detector, although my hunting buddy has one and doesn't out hunt me, but I just enjoy using currently what I have and could care less that I am using a inferior device. So why should someone else care? For those of you that do, get a life! HH jim tn