Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

A very classy pronouncement by a company that takes a lot of flack

Posted by lytle78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
A very classy pronouncement by a company that takes a lot of flack
March 09, 2020 11:30PM
Harbor Freight’s CEO and Founder on the subject of the Corona Virus...

As communities begin to feel the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19), I want to share with you the steps we’re taking at Harbor Freight Tools to help protect the health and safety of our customers and associates, which is always our top priority.

We’re closely monitoring local and national reports on the evolving impact of COVID-19 and, based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization and applicable public health agencies, we’ve developed plans and established a task force that will allow us to respond timely and appropriately.

Our housekeeping and sanitization efforts in our stores have been greatly expanded. We’re frequently disinfecting often-touched surfaces such as door handles, countertops, keypads, restroom surfaces, shopping carts and baskets. We’re asking all of our associates (and we urge everyone) to follow the CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of the infection.

We feel deeply for those who have been affected. Thankfully, as of now, we’re not aware of any associate contracting COVID-19. But we have implemented guidelines that instruct any associate who may develop symptoms or come into contact with infected individuals to stay home and follow the CDC’s instructions. And impacted associates will be compensated for their missed work hours.

At this time, all of our stores are open for business during their regular hours to meet the needs of our customers. If we become aware of any condition in any store that would make it unsafe, please rest assured that we’ll close the store until those conditions have been addressed.

Again, the health and safety of our customers and associates are our top priority and we’re committed to doing our part to help keep you safe.

Thank you,

Eric Smidt
Owner and Founder
Harbor Freight Tools

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
Re: A very classy pronouncement by a company that takes a lot of flack
March 09, 2020 11:35PM
If you suffer from any cardio condition you need to look out for yourself.
March 10, 2020 03:01AM
they should be more worried about the chinese made products they sell having surface contamination instead of things like door knobs.

======================================================

You can see my videos here: [www.youtube.com]
My blog is here: [thesilverfiend.com]

======================================================
March 10, 2020 05:09AM
To be honest, I thought you were going to say that FTP finally said something about the Manta tongue sticking out smiley
March 10, 2020 05:37AM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To be honest, I thought you were going to say that
> FTP finally said something about the Manta tongue sticking out smiley

Heh, me too.
March 10, 2020 09:00AM
Harbor Freight,..... can't afford to buy their products, especially their tools.....junk. Probably ok for the 'once in a while' usage with some of their tools.

Weird. All of a sudden my font started shrinking then growing by itself. eye popping smiley
March 10, 2020 09:56AM
silverfiend Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> they should be more worried about the chinese made
> products they sell having surface contamination in
> stead of things like door knobs.

My same exact thoughts too!
March 10, 2020 11:57AM
A couple of other big box/high volume operations come quickly to mind that sell a lot more China made product then probably does Harbor Freight. HH jim tn
March 10, 2020 05:55PM
The timeline for products to get from China to the US would probably preclude the survival of the virus in most cases,however,this may not cover all situations.
March 10, 2020 10:21PM
The part that impressed me is their paying folks for missed work - very classy. You don’t make a bundle working at HF - and for those folks every shift missed is a bill not paid.

This epidemic is going to lay bare the terrible situation which too many Americans live in - one paycheck away from poverty. That’s not politics, its economics.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
March 11, 2020 12:09AM
In the current times when shopping malls and department stores are going belly up this comapny seems to be surviving. They must have a steady supply of customers to do that. So they are doing some things right. Good for them