Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

How is 5G affecting the EMI while detecting?

Posted by u2robert 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
How is 5G affecting the EMI while detecting?
April 12, 2020 02:36AM
The officials lets you go about your business as long as your not in a crowd or bunched up.

Police/Deputies drive by and wave.

But I swear I have been getting more and different EMI at places I have hunt in the past that had no EMI.

And this all transpired over a month maybe month and a half. It's also a different type of EMI.

Switching frequency's and lowering sensitivity doesn't help as much as it use to, it feels overpowering.

Is it 5G EMI?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2020 12:56AM by u2robert.
Re: How is 5G affecting the EMI while detecting?
April 12, 2020 12:42PM
I thought about this in the week when I read the "conspiracy theory" that 5G is responsible for covid-19. I thought about how it would affect metal detecting and here you are already noticing the affects.
Is this the death of deep depths in metal detecting for ALL machines? Has anyone else in a 5G populated area experienced this with a machine that is usually impervious to EMI?
I am neutral on the cause of covid -19 as even the scientists differ and big corporate controls through sponsorship, the establishments meant to give us the correct info... but just observation - the countries (cities) with the highest death tolls are the ones populated the most with 5G - is there a connection? I have no idea... Interesting times ahead...
April 12, 2020 03:07PM
DiggaMke Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I am neutral on the cause of covid -19 as even the
> scientists differ and big corporate controls throu
> gh sponsorship, the establishments meant to give u
> s the correct info... but just observation - the c
> ountries (cities) with the highest death tolls are
> the ones populated the most with 5G - is there a
> connection? I have no idea... Interesting times ah
> ead...

South Korea seems to have the most extensive 5G coverage currently, and has had the most extensive coverage since April of 2019. Are their death rates the highest?
April 12, 2020 03:44PM
"Just an observation - the countries (cities) with the highest death tolls are the ones populated the most with 5G - is there a connection?"
Of course. Cellphone operators want the traffic of paying customers, so they install the latest cellphone tech in areas of high population density. And densely-populated areas are ideal conditions for the spread of contagious diseases.
April 12, 2020 04:20PM
Think about it guys, all kids are doing schooling at home on Comp. more people are working from home, more people are watching TV. than ever. When everyone was at school or work, a lot less EMI in the air. 5G might have something to do with it also. Just stay safe, flintstone
April 12, 2020 06:03PM
The 5G conspiracy theory is pretty out there, but for the record yes 5G can affect detecting if you're machine falls within the same air spectrum. It's already using the same airspace as LTE, so there shouldn't be any difference there, and then it's using some higher millimeter wave bands that are nowhere near what detectors are using (detectors are using KHz not Ghz frequencies). At the end of the day, it's all physics, how much can you shove into any given airspace, too much and channel utilization is so high that nothing works.

Here's the spectrums 5G's using from the web:

5G will use spectrum in the existing LTE frequency range (600 MHz to 6 GHz) and also in millimeter wave bands (24–86 GHz). 5G technologies have to satisfy ITU IMT-2020 requirements and/or 3GPP Release 15; while IMT-2020 specifies data rates of 20 Gbit/s, 5G speed in sub-6 GHz bands is similar to 4G.
April 12, 2020 09:38PM
Pimento Wrote:
> "Just an observation - the countries (
> cities) with the highest death tolls are the ones
> populated the most with 5G - is there a connection
> ?"

> Of course. Cellphone operators want the traffic of
> paying customers, so they install the latest cellp
> hone tech in areas of high population density. And
> densely-populated areas are ideal conditions for t
> he spread of contagious diseases.

Hey hey HEY!! That’s critical thinking, which will be frowned upon if any more is put forth!winking smiley
April 14, 2020 12:42PM
I detect frequently directly under a 5G tower and none of the following machines are affected at all and can run pretty much wide open: Fisher F75+, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, DeepTech Vista X.
April 14, 2020 07:47PM
Some of my area don't even have 3G yet. Better still...some areas don't have a signal at all. 4G is limited to the bigger areas. 5G here is unheard of.
April 14, 2020 10:00PM
ChrisMD Wrote:
> I detect frequently directly under a 5G tower and
> none of the following machines are affected at all
> and can run pretty much wide open: Fisher F75+, E
> quinox 800, Vanquish 540, DeepTech Vista X.

Is the tower active?
I believe 5G is only being tested in certain areas of the country
My area is one of these places for 5G testing
there are more than 300,000 towers in the US most are not yet operational.
April 15, 2020 03:03PM
It's active, was one of the first ones switched on when the first batch went live in the U.S. Living in the MD/VA/D.C. area sucks, but it has it's benefits when it comes to the rapid availability of new technology....and good detecting spots.