Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Using Salinity Balance to Eliminate Foil

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Using Salinity Balance to Eliminate Foil
July 14, 2020 04:19PM
It seems since Keith’s foil video, people are finally starting to take the Multi Domain Tech seriously, (thanks Keith!).
I posted this video a few weeks ago and it’s buried in the Horizon thread, not sure how many here saw it.
If you watch it, please note that ALL the foil and ALL the small gold ID the same on the Tarsacci, and yet it is able to tell the difference between the 2 and eliminate the foil and still accept the small gold. I discovered this last summer (w Dimitars help LOL). However no one seemed to believe me but that’s ok, I probably wouldn’t have either!
This should be ESPECIALLY of interest to park and water hunters looking for small yellow metal...

[youtu.be]

Enjoy!

Aaron

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
Re: Using Salinity Balance to Eliminate Foil
July 14, 2020 07:37PM
Yeah in my tests I as I increased salinity I had gold items drop out both during and even before the aluminum drops out, so no, I'm not buying it. The MDT does not know the difference between gold and aluminum. It only sees phase and/or decay, and the overlap between aluminum and gold is completely continuous in both domains. Any idea that you can eliminate aluminum with no risk of eliminating gold is one I strongly disagree with.
July 14, 2020 07:57PM
Steve, my salinity is set at 43 and my disc is -30. I’m finding small gold after small gold and a 14k earring weighing less than 1/2 a gram.
I feel my results speak for themselves.

Aaron

July 14, 2020 08:14PM
That proves nothing. I can tune any VLF to drop some aluminum and still find gold all day long. It's often beneficial to eliminate small foil to concentrate on the gold that is unaffected. OK, so you can do that - I get it.

I never said you can't find small gold with the Tarsacci. I said that increasing the salinity to eliminate aluminum is not without risks for losing gold. I am not saying Tarsacci does not do it differently or to a different degree than other detectors. I am simply pointing out the MDT salinity control setting does have an affect on small gold, and anyone that has the detector can verify that for themselves. If you are saying that you can tune out aluminum with absolutely no impact on gold, I have to challenge that. But I will not argue it or prove it. It's enough that it is said, so people who might care about it can determine for themselves what to do.
July 14, 2020 08:44PM
Hey c’mon Steve relax dude! It’s ONLY metal detecting!
I never said, that you said “I couldn’t find small gold” (even though I am smiling smiley)
If you can find a VLF that can replicate what I’ve shown w the Tarsacci I’ll give you a Buffalo nickel!
Again, the numbers are the SAME on the gold as they are on the foil and yet the Tarsacci is able to disc the foil out.

July 14, 2020 09:08PM
No worries Aaron, I'm plenty relaxed. I stand 100% by what I'm saying.... increasing the salinity setting will cause many small gold items to lose depth or be lost entirely. That's it, nothing more to say or prove. Do continue on, and thank you for the effort and time you put into your videos and in educating people about the MDT.

I'll let some of the intrepid testers on this forum take you up on your Buffalo Nickel offer now that you have thrown down that gauntlet! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2020 09:40PM by Steve Herschbach.
July 14, 2020 09:57PM
LOL! Gotcha Steve!
I think your gonna end up loving that Tarsacci, just give it time....
Love your forum and appreciate the exposure!

Aaron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2020 10:36PM by Aaron.
July 17, 2020 05:41PM
I would think of the lite foil and small gold report more like on a P.I. more than phase shift VLF.

you can get lite foil weaker with delay and still hear gold that can HANG on with slightly longer decay rate.

this is where the Tarsacci could see some gold better than a VLF that has to use phase shift.

the ID numbers on Tarsacci seems it sees more dense metal in the bottom end VS a VLF that uses conductance.disc out say number 3 on a phase shift and gold that reads 3 will be nulled also.

Salinity balance out say lite foil that reads 3 and there's a chance that gold that reads 3 will hang on to report.

In this scenario where dealing with alloyed jewelry gold not 24-kT and better shapes rings earings etc and can hold a delay better..Raw gold like Steve likes may not do as well.Lumpy and fine.

Side note about even notching working different than what can be expected.

I've experimented alot and can find some things that read same number as another thing.one trash target and one good say coin target but notching it out in disc removes the trash but keeps the coin .weird to see a notched number report and look down and the notched number is on the screen?

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 17, 2020 11:23PM
Once I seen Keith's video with the foil I was amazed.
I am in awe of this detector now I know what it is capable of
I do to much detecting to not have the best detector.
Now the hard part finding the $