Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Ghound was kind enough to send me some Hammered coins.Here's some test on them

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Ghound was kind enough to send me some Hammered coins.Here's some test on them
July 24, 2020 07:56PM
1300s to be exact can you imagine that!!!

he sent a whole a cut half and a Cut quarter.

I must say there really thin.

I've made a video with a nail in hole .Whole hammered 6 inches with nail above it three inches and to the side slightly . 4/5 F.E. bar dirt.

[www.youtube.com]

And same coin in same soil 8 inch deep byy itself.

[www.youtube.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: Ghound was kind enough to send me some Hammered coins.Here's some test on them
July 24, 2020 08:01PM
4-5 bar red dirt and it’s punching that thin coin at 8”

So much for parlor tricks......

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
Now where getting a little closer.... Run the Equinox, Deus, Vista X , and Gold Gain over it and lets see what happens... Try the Equinox 6 inch coil too you yourself said it was the deepest small coil ever made....BTW ace hardware nails are not even close with actual iron from the 1800s..... detectors look way better with modern nails....Shoot I would even like to see the Ole Safari on that deal... IF IT IS REALLY THAT good go in the house and get the other detectors and show us it hitting that target in a situation where the others cant...….it is really that simple!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2020 08:38PM by calabash digger.
Re: Ghound was kind enough to send me some Hammered coins.Here's some test on them
July 24, 2020 08:56PM
Now we're smoking! that's defo better than i thought it was going to be on the nail above coin.
It so sounds like the AKA Signum, especially the mixed mode, but the Signum would really struggle with iron above coin settings.

Where do the cut half and quarter read on the MDT Keith, the quarters are a hard target at any more than an inch or two deep, the Nox loves them though.
Thanks for the vids, the MDT is an expensive detector by the time it reaches here, so this really helps take some of the guesswork out of it.
Yeah Aaron Safari calls that coin iron.

People dont know how hot that dirt is.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Some terrific test using those hammered silver coins,a couple of slight additional problems that may alter the test results 'slightly' and the 1st one is that the weight of these coins can vary small amount they are not like consistent weights like milled coins and the weight could alter slight due to alot of 'coin clipping' ie traders or infact anyone could/did clip the edges of the coins with say a pair of cutters and over time all these clippings of silver can add up and this is the main reason it was done.

2nd problem that could also alter how this or infact any detector can slightly perform differently albeit not by much and that is over the centuries the silver and also gold content when related to gold hammered coins can alter as well percentage wise,time of turmoil and conflict they would slightly reduce the silver/gold content and of course in good prosperous time the silver/gold content could be slightly higher.This then could/maybe alter the readings of the detector slightly.

Just a few additional pieces of information that needs to be taken into account when we detect for our silver hammered coins.
Hey Ghound I'll check them out and let you know.IVe just got to the whole one right now.

Dont worry about the Ace hardware nail.LOL

Its a 1890's western ghost town wire nail..very hard to disc out clean.But what do I know??I love it.

J&D very good info thanks!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2020 03:37AM by Keith Southern.