Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Beach hugs

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Beach hugs
July 27, 2011 10:06PM
Had one of those days that you will always talk about. No i didnt get rich or find anything rare. This was my first hunt here in Florida on the beach. I had been hunting about an hour and a couple of very attractive young ladies came running over and said they had just lost a ring. So of course i was more than willing to help them out. It was a small pinky ring and wasnt sure how the Explorer would react.... but found it in just a couple of passes loud and clear. No more than finished getting my hugs than another couple of young ladies needed the same thing... so off i headed to help them out. Very nice wedding band with a heck of a rock. Then more hugs.... Dont know why but that made me feel good about what i was doing. Hunted another hour or so and picked up a silver ring and some clad. On my way off the beach an older lady's husband flagged me down and said his wife just lost a rather large gold pinky ring. So off we went. Got to the water and she was standing in knee high or better water and said i lost it some where around here. Well that one was a bust for me... i felt bad. But i did take her number and will attempt tomorrow at low tide. Sucks not having a water machine yet. Now just how many times do you get these kind of satisfying days?

Dew
Re: Beach hugs
July 27, 2011 11:48PM
Pics?

(and not the rings)
July 28, 2011 12:40AM
GR.... I know i know i need to start carrying one. My wife told me shes going to keep me on a shorter leash. She said i guess if i let you have a water machine you wouldnt be on the beach where all these girls can chase you down. I told her i was just the hottest dude on the beach and they were dropping their rings on purpose...... she said ya right. I get no respect.

Dew
Dewcon......Re: Beach hugs
July 28, 2011 12:42AM
Enjoy the well earned gratitude of those you helped. Blessings to you.
July 28, 2011 12:48AM
TD we dont get many times when people thank you compared to complaining. I was really glad to help and hopefully i can find the other ring tomorrow evening at low tide. But i dont give it much hope with my machine.
July 29, 2011 12:50AM
And you never thought of your buddies on the forum? Helping young ladies out and no pics? I take your A+ down to an A.
July 29, 2011 01:11PM
Goodmore.... does kind of loose something if you werent there or no pictures... ill take the A.... but being there PRICELESS. Im sure ill never have that kind of day again. Tried to hunt for the other ring..... but it just not possible with the Explorer. They run deep and smooth as a you get on both the wet and dry sand. However, in the surf where the water runs over the coil.... its like being in a nail field in AM. The was the beach was ... i was at a drop off and as high as i wanted to go on the machine without concerns of getting the probe box wet. Ive hunted several beaches but i guess i never spent much time in the surf because i always did well in the wet and dry sand. I tried both the slimline and the SEF neither were stable enough to hunt for a prolonged period of time without a LOT of concentration on repeatable signals.

Dew
July 30, 2011 02:57AM
Let me see if I have this straight...

All I have to do to get pretty women to hug me at the beach is stand around and wait till one of them loses something! Of course, I understand I'll have to invest in a sexy looking metal detector so they'll think I know more than the other guys standing around with their un-sexy detector...

Uh... just out of curiosity, what does a sexy metal detector look like?

...and how do I keep the wife from finding out?
July 30, 2011 03:29AM
Dew..... WTG!
Now, as Tom said to me recently...."its time you start finding some gold of your own!".
Congrats!
Connortn.........Re: Beach hugs
July 30, 2011 05:58AM
Thanks for the laughsmiling smiley
July 31, 2011 12:41AM
Connortn.... another factor ... you have to be the only guy on the beach with a detector. Its kind of like being the last man on earth lol. Then you better be able to find the ring .... sexy detector or not. No ring no hugs. About the wife..... your on you own.

Dew
July 31, 2011 01:04AM
I would think you should of got a few hugs and maybe a tip but I think the ring in the water is long gone

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 31, 2011 02:06AM
dewcon4414:

This is beginning to sound like a lot of work...
July 31, 2011 06:24AM
Dew, when good bud's kid each other. It's a sign of respect. And that you have. For what you did.
July 31, 2011 01:07PM
Hope i didnt sound disrespectful?? Everyone that knows me knows i dont mind a little ribbing. I like to yank a chain or two myself... its all in good fun. Sometimes is hard to tell if someone is kidding or not on here thou.... we all write differently which means things can sometimes get taken different than they were ment. Rarely do i get to broken up over someone elces opinion..... life is way to short not to enjoy every min.
July 31, 2011 03:57PM
Good story! Great ending... and some very happy MDing supporters. Something we can never have too much of in this hobby!!!!