Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hey folks

Posted by Bill long 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Hey folks
October 11, 2021 11:26PM
I don’t know about y’all. But i sure miss Keith Southern on this forum. What happened?
Re: Hey folks
October 11, 2021 11:55PM
A couple of "hot shots" on here run him off!----That's not the word from me but the word coming from a "higher up" on this forum awhile back.----I sure miss Keith but I guess he just plain got tired of the b.s./hassle when he did try to make a post.
October 12, 2021 12:24AM
I think they let wrong one go. I liked Keith
October 12, 2021 10:30AM
Id liked to have had him around a bit longer since he had just gotten the MDT to see how it evolved. He was passing along some good info that even us beach guys were using. I dont know who those other guys were..... but it doesnt look like they stuck around either. Hopefully he will come back on and post some Summer finds with a little more info.
October 12, 2021 11:44PM
I'd like to see how Keith was getting along with the MDT. I've considered getting it for relic hunting, and would be very interested to see how he found it to perform at his relic sites. Keith always had great insights on whatever detector he shared his test results on.
October 13, 2021 12:28AM
I always got a bunch of good information from Keith’s posts and videos. He always showed how a certain detector performed in different scenarios. Always showed the good and not so good performance but never bashed a machine for the not so good. Just showed what it could or couldn’t do and praised them for what it could do. Good guy in my opinion.
JCR
October 13, 2021 01:34AM
Keith is the main person who presented the information I needed to decide to purchase the Tarsacci MDT 8000 and the Deep Tech Vista X. Experienced, insightful & straight forward.

Chris
November 09, 2021 09:50PM
Hi Reb.
November 09, 2021 10:33PM
I still watch Keith's old video's when I want to get a refresher on some of the older detectors, he knows his stuff when it comes to metal detecting.
November 10, 2021 12:32AM
I have always enjoyed Keith's posts and video's, very knowledgeable man, when it came to detectors he told it how it was never tried to make a particular model that he was using or testing anything more or anything less than it was. A true asset to the hobby.
November 10, 2021 01:12AM
All of these shiny reports are all well & good!------Now---How do we get Keith back on this forum???
November 10, 2021 01:27AM
Keith was/is a MAJOR contributor!
November 10, 2021 01:45AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Most of us know that Tom.-----How can we entice Keith to come back & make more valuable posts?----Any ideas how we can get him back on here?----Del---> Keith was/is a MAJOR contributor!
November 10, 2021 04:23AM
Ya we need that dude back. I loved all his fine detailed descriptions and directions he gave. This forum has lost alot since he has been gone unfortunately

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2021 04:24AM by Kickindirt.
November 10, 2021 02:22PM
Del......... I don't believe we'll ever get Keith back. Too much politics for him. He would put a lot of his 'blood'-time into making a post........only to have a few folks dispute & disrespect his observations/findings.,.,.,.,.,.,.,., and some other folks would encourage/promote the nay-sayers. In fact............there was hardly anyone that would be in defense of Keith.
November 10, 2021 07:33PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I was usually too busy absorbing Keith's outstanding observations/information, to the point where defending him may not even have been on my radar. There are certain folks that, when they decide to start talking, the smart thing for others to do is talk less, and listen more. It sad that it appears that negativity drove him away, even though I'm not sure what negativity in particular it was. In any case, the forum suffered a quite sizeable loss, as a result...

Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2021 04:41PM by steveg.
November 11, 2021 02:33PM
I watch the Relics 1864 videos over and over and learn something every time I watch one ... almost no other video producer gives as much to someone willing to learn ... sadly the down side of social media gives anyone with the ability to read and write a place to voice their opinion .. and that ability doesn't necessarily have anything to do with one's understanding on any subject .. respect, something that was once taught, is no longer .. this allows those who type the loudest to get into pissing matches with those with the real knowledge .. and from a safe distance .. a smart man steers clear of the constant bombardment of BS.
November 11, 2021 04:11PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Del......... I don't believe we'll ever get Keith
> back. Too much politics for him. He would put a lo
> t of his 'blood'-time into making a post........on
> ly to have a few folks dispute & disrespect his ob
> servations/findings.,.,.,.,.,.,.,., and some other
> folks would encourage/promote the nay-sayers. In f
> act............there was hardly anyone that would
> be in defense of Keith.

I miss the honesty of Keith and the sincerity.I ALWAYS defended Keith against the POS that disrespected him.
November 12, 2021 01:47AM
He refused to get wrapped up in a forum pi$$ing contest and decided to move on. You have to admire that. Me? I just told the person what I thought of him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2021 10:59AM by goodmore.
November 13, 2021 12:53PM
HI all.
Actually there are few politics on this forum.
We did have that ONE thread. Remember that one.
Go back and read. I stand behind all I said. And look around today. I think I have been very vindicated.

So back to detecting and Mr Southern. His seeming departure from here.
IMO it goes like this.
If you are indeed passionate.
If you are indeed dedicated.
If you are indeed a professional when it comes to detecting.

If you are all those. One should be able to stomach some criticism. Some feedback from other users of equipment.

What did I witness. Honestly.
Seems the little guy (detector manufacturers) was being looked out for mostly.

Mr Dankowksi sure doesn't beat around the bush.
Deus or XP Golmaxx ranks supreme in higher iron sites.
And Eqx and Tarsacci are other top picks.

I saw very little interaction with comments.
Example, Like I see what you are seeing/hearing. Or asking questions of folks. This would indicate some general interest at least of other folks.

I got the impression. No one else could shed light on a model's behavior or performance.
I got impression folks can't weigh in with worthy info unless they had been detecting 30 plus years.
Seemed interaction here was clickish looking.

I myself have never discounted a person's opinion based solely on their limited time detecting.
I read what others have to say. One never knows what they may pick up on.

Some folks do pick up on things faster than others. Go for things besides detecting.

And some folks have their favorite detectors too.

So.
Where are we now?
Seems multi freq detectors are hatching and will rule the roost. Detector weight is coming down. Updatable detectors seem are getting more common. Li pro battery usage more common.

So Mr Southen should come back here.
Share his experiences.
Answer questions for folks.
And yes even give some supporting comments based on his experices when someone else is posting feedback of their equipment use.

There will be more new kids on the block. I guarantee it.

To summarize.
If folks will go back in history here. I have talked about some things where I thought detector tech should take us. And when I posted I got criticism of my ideas.
Turns out it seems I was spot on.
Not saying this to be bragging. Just the truth.
And remember when I made these comments I myself had less than 6 years detecting experimence. So it seems a new kid on the block can have some good ideas.

I hope you read this Keith.
I also offer my condolences for you since I believe you have had some loved one(s) pass away not too long ago.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2021 02:21PM by tnsharpshooter.
November 13, 2021 07:36PM
I hope that Keith returns.

Not only did he have an immense amount to share regarding detector technology and testing, but he has the relic passion and id very knowledgeable about relics and history.

Hopefully he's doing well, and is out in the field tearing it up and making the finds.
November 13, 2021 09:19PM
I was right one time myself. That puts us in a tie for second place with about 3 billion people.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2021 09:21PM by goodmore.
November 13, 2021 10:43PM
TNSS----Doesn't your arm ever get tired from patting yourself on the back??----It must be GREAT to be a legend in your own mind!!!!!!!!
November 13, 2021 10:55PM
It's a dirty job but someone has to do it.

I posted on this forum.
And the wolves come out.

And no one defends. Petty behavior really.

I watched posted and read a lot here past 9 years.

If we left the detector industry up to some here, where would it be you Reckon?
I got a pretty good idea.
NOT where it is currently - Thank Goodness.
November 14, 2021 01:26PM
This post is for the so called Wolves of the forum...Where would it be?

Analog knob job, heavy weight unbalanced machines, no wireless , no rechargeable lithium batteries, surely we would not have updatable units, we would still be shipping the units back to the factory in the hyper inflated Biden economy. 1 TO 3 tone machines at best, no screens, no ID numbers , and still dancing to the 50 oldies goldies..

All you guys over here can dish it out but you cant take it. TNSHARPSHOOTER has a higher IQ than you guys (wolves) put together.

As for what you guys think of me I could care less...Go look at my Brown Bess post and ask yourself have I found any of those lately????

Stay tuned I will have the Deus 2 very shortly and will be giving the run down on it...

BTW Sharpshooter I got your back!

Some of the things around here that pass for knowledge I surely dont understand...

On a serious note Keith should come back to this forum he has audience that longs for his types on views on detectors and what they should be.

I have been insulted, cut down , cussed at, called names and that my friends is just part of the online world we live in these days.

BTW how many of you are still waiting on Rick and the discriminating PI from Fisher.... I hate to be I told you so....I was correct at least one time....
November 14, 2021 01:41PM
TNSS, could you post a link or title of the thread you are referring to so the ones of us that have no idea could get up to speed on this?
November 14, 2021 01:56PM
All through the day,
I me mine, I me mine, I me mine.
November 14, 2021 02:13PM
Champ Ferguson Wrote:
> TNSS, could you post a link or title of the thread
> you are referring to so the ones of us that have n
> o idea could get up to speed on this?

It's not just one thread I am talking about.
Quite a few.
I'll post a few if I can find.

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

Btw, when detectors are being tested prerelease, having them Internet updatable is GRAND. Beats the heck out of having to physically ship to testers detectors with different version software. Cuts down on wait times too. Definitley eliminates/cuts some shipping costs. Shipping cost are high now. Imagine a year after release of a detector model a major glitch discovered. And one had to pay for shipping 40,000 units to fix glitch.

There were threads where lithium batteries for detectors were talked about.
And yes there were folks who didn't favor idea.
Imagine what a Minelab GPX would weigh if traditional aa batteries were used. Boat anchor big time.
Lithium battery use allows detector weight to be reduced. Also offsets weight for waterproof detectors since their cases likely have to be thicker/heavier.

Now, not to make this politics.
We here this green new deal and eliminating fossil fuels. Okay sounds good right? Maybe.
But can our electrical grid carry the extra load.
Our electrical grid already is being subjected to additional loads (this don't get talked about much) with rechargeable devices currently like cell phones, metal detectors, tablets, etc.

So we'll take Nashville Tn. If we replaced all conventional trucks and autos with electric (battery ops) could grid handle 75,000 say electric vehicles plugged in at same time on a hot or colder day?

Vision is what is needed in today's world.
Unfortunately not all folks have good vision.
Or they try putting cart before the horse. And we know what happens when you do this don't we?

I am always thinking about different things. I try to think big pic too. Reality!!
Tunnel vision is for the birds.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2021 03:01PM by tnsharpshooter.
November 14, 2021 04:38PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> This post is for the so called Wolves of the forum
> ...Where would it be?
>
> Analog knob job, heavy weight unbalanced machines,
> no wireless , no rechargeable lithium batteries, s
> urely we would not have updatable units, we would
> still be shipping the units back to the factory in
> the hyper inflated Biden economy. 1 TO 3 tone mach
> ines at best, no screens, no ID numbers , and stil
> l dancing to the 50 oldies goldies..
>
> All you guys over here can dish it out but you can
> t take it. TNSHARPSHOOTER has a higher IQ than you
> guys (wolves) put together.
>
> As for what you guys think of me I could care less
> ...Go look at my Brown Bess post and ask yourself
> have I found any of those lately????
>
> Stay tuned I will have the Deus 2 very shortly and
> will be giving the run down on it...
>
> BTW Sharpshooter I got your back!
>
> Some of the things around here that pass for knowl
> edge I surely dont understand...
>
> On a serious note Keith should come back to this f
> orum he has audience that longs for his types on v
> iews on detectors and what they should be.
>
> I have been insulted, cut down , cussed at, called
> names and that my friends is just part of the onli
> ne world we live in these days.
>
> BTW how many of you are still waiting on Rick and
> the discriminating PI from Fisher.... I hate to be
> I told you so....I was correct at least one time..
> ..

Cal, with all due respect I started this thread in appreciation to Keith for his contributions on this forum and for his videos. Nothing more nothing less. My question to you is why you would post a response that’s all about you. Was this thread a threat to you. Are you pissed that it wasn’t in appreciation of you. And what was the purpose of “go look at my Brown Bess post and ask yourself have I found any of those lately”. That statement in itself says a lot
November 14, 2021 05:51PM
I am glad you asked Bill.. Read above you got a man calling a man a POS because he disagreed with Keith.
I almost totally disagree with everything thing Keith says about analog detectors...Does that make me a POS?
As I said he should be here posting for the few who hold to the Analog views. Also for the MDT guys.

One thing is for certain the guys on here love to start the personal attacks and insults when someone says something against one of the click members.

The purpose of the go look at my Brown Bess comment is to show I am not just sitting around typing on a keyboard or playing in a test garden but I am actually out using the gear that I talk about and review.

Its no secret I dont have a fan club on this forum and I could care less.

Did you preorder a detector from Rick?

I love the all due respect intro...you know the insults are coming after that.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2021 06:01PM by calabash digger.