Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Opinions wanted

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Opinions wanted
February 26, 2022 05:06PM
From those that have used the Coiltek 5X10" and Minelab 6" coils on the Equinox.-----How is there performance (one versus the other)?----I already have the Minelab 6" and have been considering purchase of the Coiltek (if I can find one, they seem to be hard to come by--chip shortage I guess).-------Del
Re: Opinions wanted
February 26, 2022 06:10PM
Hey Del, I have both coils and I like both of them but favor the 5x10 due to it's slightly larger size. It's not bad for brush hunting around sage brush and other scrub brush, but being an open loop design it still gets tangled up moody smiley

Still nice for getting into places the stock 11" coil cannot.
February 26, 2022 06:36PM
Thanks Brian---That's what I was mostly wanting it for--hunting our old camps out here.---Too bad they don't make a solid cover for it.
February 26, 2022 10:38PM
Del
I agree with Brian, I have both the 6" and the 5X10". Used mostly hunting western ghost towns and empty lots. I feel the 5X10 separates better side to side while offering better coverage. I think it's as deep or deeper than the 6" also. Since getting the 5X10" right after they first came out, I haven't taken it off the 800.
Tom
February 27, 2022 01:08AM
Thanks Tom---That coil is sounding pretty good.