Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 SE

Posted by riko 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 SE
August 09, 2011 10:47AM
Hi there guys,
I have an F75 SE which im very pleased with. I read the posts about the LTD which sound impressive. Does anybody knows if the SE can be upgraded to the LTD and if so at what cost?

Regards
Riko
Re: F75 SE
August 09, 2011 03:36PM
LTD @ SE same units.
August 09, 2011 04:24PM
Not exactly.When the F75 first came out thy were F75 SE
Then the LTD /camo with boost came out
Then Fisher took the SE logo and applied it to the new SE with boost and black shaft.

No Fisher will not / does not upgrade to boost mode from the standard F75
August 09, 2011 04:34PM
Cosmetically different yes...internally same machine.
August 10, 2011 12:13AM
Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cosmetically different yes...internally same
> machine.

No there was a legacy F75 called the SE before the LTD and "new" SE with boost mode came out. The legacy F75 SE does not have BP/CL modes, and I believe Riko is asking of a non-BP/CL mode F75 can be upgraded.

The answer is yes and no. First Texas says they will not do it. They did however do for a small group of legacy F75 owners that participated in a Civil War group competition hunt that Fisher/FT sponsored. So yes it is possible, but they are swapping the guts out, which is effectively giving you a new machine. The new BP/CL F75's have upgraded faster microprocessors to facilitate the extra CPU requirements for the BP/CL modes.

Hope that answers your question Riko.
August 10, 2011 12:44AM
marketing marketing marketing!.wish they would have reconsidered
and allowed the "mother " board" to be exchanged! i speak for a 'ton" of others.
as you mentioned,they DID do it initially for the relic "team" but that was the extent of it!
now the value of the "standard" 75 is in the "crapper!"..as paul rivera said to paul newman
in "hombre" "the railroad has come to sweet mary!" it's progress my friend! ,change!"

(h.h.!)
j.t.
August 10, 2011 02:33AM
The question was basically: "could the SE could be upgraded to the LTD", riko didnt ask about any other variations. I answered correctly when stated they are the same,because they are. The issue regarding the Legacy and the relic hunters is irrelevent, and again this was a BIG issue before the black SE ever came out as to what was going to be the difference...and there really wasnt....except the color. Some who had the "camo' LTD and then bought the SE claimed the SE ran smoother.
I for sure, can say one thing...I had that "camo" colored LTD FTP piece of junk, that ran terribly and was sent back to FTP and never fixed.
The SE I purchased from Tom was completely different only because it functions 100% properly..... other than that it was the same machine.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2011 09:40AM by Aaron.
August 11, 2011 12:20AM
I have owned all three of them and still have the Camo LTD. Between the black SE (BP & CL) and the camo LTD, the camo machine was/is the trump card. Maybe the black SE had issues, I don't know. I do know that the camo LTD is a beast and a pleasure to use.
August 11, 2011 07:33AM
Aaron Wrote:
> The question was basically: "could the SE could be
> upgraded to the LTD", riko didnt ask about any
> other variations. I answered correctly when stated
> they are the same,because they are. The issue
> regarding the Legacy and the relic hunters is
> irrelevent, and again this was a BIG issue before
> the black SE ever came out as to what was going to
> be the difference...and there really
> wasnt....except the color. Some who had the "camo'
> LTD and then bought the SE claimed the SE ran
> smoother.
> I for sure, can say one thing...I had that "camo"
> colored LTD FTP piece of junk, that ran terribly
> and was sent back to FTP and never fixed.
> The SE I purchased from Tom was completely
> different only because it functions 100%
> properly..... other than that it was the same
> machine.

the issue regarding the "legacy" f-75 does indeed have relevancy in that the
''standard" 75 is STILL being offered for sale in the fisher line-up! if it wasn't marketable,
it would have been eliminated a long time ago! also,there WAS a significant desire
of "many" "standard" f-75 owners to hope (f.t) would offer an affordable "up grade",
however, due to marketing considerations the "option" apparently was NOT a viable one,
and was never offered to the general public.the relic hunt team possessed modified "standard"
f-75's,and because of this "fact" owners of "standard" 75's were AWARE of the POSSIBILITY
that (f.t.) MIGHT possibly offer the up grade.in ANY discussion of the various f-75 models,this
information IS germane,and relevant,and should NOT be discounted.

(h.h.!)
j.t.
August 11, 2011 01:28PM
OK then, going with this discussion----It is said both ways between the F-75 LTD (camo) and F-75 SE (black).-----So is it just a "crap shoot" between the two regarding one being better than the other?----For some time I have heard-----there is no difference between the two-----or the F-75 LTD is the best----or the F-75 SE is the best.-----Is it just a "roll of the dice" when purchaseing one of these two detectors as to getting one that's better performing than the other???-----Or is it all "in the eye of the beholder"---as to the performance (in general) of these two detectors??------They must be the same---OR---different, right? grin (when used in same areas, settings & conditions).-----Sure would like to see this get "laid to rest" one way or the other.-----Maybe it's all in a (wide) quality control issue with FT on these two detectors?------I dunno---whatcha think?---------Del
August 11, 2011 01:55PM
You can always buy what ever you want and then ask NASA TOM to max it out or ask him and have it sent to him first and then you will get it knowing it is the best it can be....but ask Tom OK

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 11, 2011 10:28PM
Does FT deliberty try to confuse it customers with the various models? F75, F75 SE, F75LTD, Camo, Black, Gold bug II, Gold bug se, Gold Bug pro, Ver 2.9, Ver3 ,4, G2, etc.
August 12, 2011 02:58AM
In this order of release:

F75
F75 LTD
F75 SE

The LTD and SE are identical electronics.......... both are 'boost process' units...........and most all of the LTD's are 'camo' color. The SE's are 'black' units.

....... I do not recall any of the original F75's (without 'boost process') being called 'SE'.
August 12, 2011 03:05AM
ok, this is pretty confusing but..........the first f75s were sent out in a box which had special edition written on it! they did not have the boost process.
chuck
August 12, 2011 08:42AM
This may be true.........but the units were not titled 'SE'.
August 12, 2011 10:46AM
As I look at the box it reads; F- 75. Fisher Labs 75 Years Special Edition Metal Detector. Maybe we should call it the "Anniversary Edition" that's what the 75 stands for, 75 yrs in biz. F-75 AE
August 16, 2011 08:36AM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> OK then, going with this discussion----It is said
> both ways between the F-75 LTD (camo) and F-75 SE
> (black).-----So is it just a "crap shoot" between
> the two regarding one being better than the
> other?----For some time I have heard-----there is
> no difference between the two-----or the F-75 LTD
> is the best----or the F-75 SE is the best.-----Is
> it just a "roll of the dice" when purchaseing one
> of these two detectors as to getting one that's
> better performing than the other???-----Or is it
> all "in the eye of the beholder"---as to the
> performance (in general) of these two
> detectors??------They must be the
> same---OR---different, right? grin (when used in
> same areas, settings & conditions).-----Sure would
> like to see this get "laid to rest" one way or the
> other.-----Maybe it's all in a (wide) quality
> control issue with FT on these two
> detectors?------I dunno---whatcha
> think?---------Del

what's to think about? they are both the same,but with different paint jobs!
i was able to figure this out,and i can barely read,write,and/or trace! what's your excuse?
(lol!) just sayin'
August 16, 2011 10:05AM
Del i have read the same thing with were are MLs made .
One being better than another.