Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Picked up a Bounty Hunter Time ranger Pro

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Picked up a Bounty Hunter Time ranger Pro
October 03, 2022 08:49PM
And yes it's the exact same machine as a F19/G2+.just different color scheme.

Here's something funny though its hotter than my F19 and my G2+.not by alot but it actually chatters on about 98 sens.Swapped coils around from machine to machine and its the Bounty Hunter that's slightly hot not the coils.Its as much chatter as you'd want it to do without becoming to noisy but its a good inch deeper Vs the other two.Airtest with Biaxial on BH with nickle is 15 Inches.

I would think it's just the luck of the draw and any one could be hotter since they all have same circuit board I've never seen a subpar unit but I can say I've seen an above par now.

My F19 and G2+ are dead even in air.On same coils.

Thought maybe someone would like to know what kind of performance the BHTRP offers.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2022 04:11PM by Keith Southern.
Re: If anyone is interested I found a Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro
October 04, 2022 10:58AM
How good of a deal?
Re: If anyone is interested I found a Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro
October 04, 2022 04:09PM
Maybe I need to rephrase my post header.It's not for sale..I was just giving info for those interested if it was the same machine as the F19.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: Picked up a Bounty Hunter Time ranger Pro
October 04, 2022 04:53PM
Oh' OK makes sense as why would you sell it then if it hotter than other two.
It's good to see FT putting some quality into the Bounty Hunter name as you know back in the day they were a top machine with the George Payne designed Red Baron first VLF I believe?
October 04, 2022 05:13PM
Hilarious. I feel like I'm watching a skit on tv like Red Skelton or Abbot and Costello.
October 04, 2022 06:22PM
I must have missed the "punch line" on that one! smiling smiley-----ozzie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hilarious. I feel like I'm watching a skit on tv l
> ike Red Skelton or Abbot and Costello.
October 04, 2022 06:22PM
I actually met Red Skelton one time in Arizona nice man,no kidding.
October 04, 2022 07:58PM
Awesome info Keith!

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
October 05, 2022 09:26AM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> I must have missed the "punch line" on that one! :
> )-----ozzie Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hilarious. I feel like I'm watching a skit on tv
> l
> > ike Red Skelton or Abbot and Costello.

D&P, it was the back and forth between the two. Keith didn't say anything about selling but Harold thought/insisted he was. Could be me and the way I read it . . but it made me chuckle.
October 06, 2022 01:17AM
You're not alone, Harold. I apparently misread the post too, because I also thought Keith was looking to sell the detector until he edited his original post to what it says now.
October 06, 2022 10:30AM
Thanks,I don't feel so dumb now, LOL!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2022 10:31AM by Harold,ILL..
October 06, 2022 12:24PM
There's a lot of good info about them on Steve's prospecing site; discussing the packages and rebranding of the Gold Bug Pro/F19/Tek G2/BH Time Ranger Pro.

Whatever happened to the love for the Nokta Fors Relic? It was described as the F19 on steroids and everything people wanted from the F19, but wasn't included with it. Here's a throwback link to it. Read Keith's posts regarding how it came to fruition within that thread. I don't ever see it mentioned or talked about any more. [www.dankowskidetectors.com]
October 06, 2022 03:56PM
WOW----All that GLOWING report/talk Keith did on the FORS Relic and NOW he says the T2 is still his main unit and that if he could have only two detectors it would be the T2 & Vista X.------I'm afraid you'll have to explain that one to this dumb old farmer (me)! smiling smiley-----Daniel Tn Wrote:
> There's a lot of good info about them on Steve's p
> rospecing site; discussing the packages and rebran
> ding of the Gold Bug Pro/F19/Tek G2/BH Time Ranger
> Pro.
>
> Whatever happened to the love for the Nokta Fors R
> elic? It was described as the F19 on steroids and
> everything people wanted from the F19, but wasn't
> included with it. Here's a throwback link to it.
> Read Keith's posts regarding how it came to fruiti
> on within that thread. I don't ever see it mention
> ed or talked about any more. [www.dankowski]
> detectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,100745
October 06, 2022 05:44PM
Whys me having a F19 Discount the Relic in any way??...I'm just letting people know what I stated as the three made now are all the same.

Yes Relic is a very good machine for relic hunting in iron sites..Nothings changed.Yet nobody really adopted it so why talk about it.

I could write pages on the Nautilus 2 B but there would be little interest.

I have a lot of great machines I have alot of bad machines too.

And yes If I could only have one machine it would be a T2 everything is a derivative of a T2 in my mind..and it works everywhere for anything inland.The Relic is too hot to hunt everywhere and wrong freq.Plus a T2 is more nostalgic to me also..its netted me so much stuff.A Racer would suffice too as I think its a T2 with better audio .T2 swings better.Impacts are nice too just a little heavy.

And for unmasking in iron the X is still as good as any made in my opinion.you just need 2 tones and no meter.

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
October 06, 2022 06:45PM
I met a guy today that said he had an old 1800's property. I asked him if he or anyone had detected it. He said he did, and found some nice old coins including a flying eagle cent. He said he has a Whites MXT Pro. He asked how much I paid for my latest detector, told him around $1500. He said he paid over $2000 for the MXT new a few years back. I thought to myself, he's mistaken, they went just under $1000 when they were new. Was I wrong or did he get taken?
October 06, 2022 06:54PM
He got taken if he paid that for sure even a grand too much maybe 700.00 machine at most I would think.
October 06, 2022 10:42PM
I agree with Keith. I got a Tejon back again. I love it. Picked an AT Gold, negative ground balance helps it lot for me. Has great separation and runs quiet in iron with no falsing like some new detectors I have lol. The new ones have a lot programing that are pushing the limits on vlf though.

Still, I might get a Deus 2 for lake & relic hunting. I really like the Manticore but it doesn't have the coils designed for water hunting. I'm going to have to pass on it. Even the 6x8 coil looks terrible for water hunting. Compare that coil to the coils on the Deus 2, Excalibur 2 & others, they would sweep nice in the water. How can a water detector be made with coils like that? I hope there not like that when it come out.
October 09, 2022 03:31PM
The F19 - G2 - Time Ranger Pro with there solid spot on Target ID numbers, are also a blast to use in The Trashy parks.
October 09, 2022 03:40PM
What's the preferred coil to use on them in trashy parks?-----Rob in (ca) Wrote:
> The F19 - G2 - Time Ranger Pro with there solid sp
> ot on Target ID numbers, are also a blast to use i
> n The Trashy parks.
October 09, 2022 06:49PM
Ole' Del likes dem' F19s
October 09, 2022 07:22PM
After having the G2+, Gold Bug Pro, and F19, I still think my Racer 2 smokes them all in both park hunting and especially hunting iron infested home sites and ghost towns. JMHO