Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New RUTUS VERSA

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New RUTUS VERSA
May 12, 2023 08:11PM
[www.youtube.com]

4-40khz and Multi.

Sounds great. RUTUS makes a great deep machine.

Seems to have a I.P address so updates may be as easy as connecting to net with no cables or computer needed for updating.??

That's one thing that gets me abut Detectors updating.theres no need to download program then connect to detector over a cable while having to use software.every gadget now days updates wireless .Cameras radios etc can update easily standalone.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2023 08:19PM by Keith Southern.
Re: New RUTUS VERSA
May 13, 2023 12:13AM
Thanks Keith. I have used the Alter 71 - nice deep machine but a bit complicated. It would be great if the Rutus had dealers and support in the US but they do not.
May 14, 2023 08:00AM
On Monday, I will have the opportunity to test the Rutus VERSA... and compare it with my other very good detectors... well-known and less well-known brands... as well as with the previous multi-frequency model... Rutus ATREX... which I tested as a Tester for quite a long time... either in various fields in practical detection... or in demanding separation or depth tests... where ATREX shows excellent detection properties..
I have been detecting with Rutus detectors for 11 years and I still own 4 Rutus detectors, out of 26 detectors of different manufacturers that I own... so I know the technical development that individual Rutus models have gone through, right up to the latest multi-frequency units...

Now to the Rutus VERSA... There is a new detector and coil electronics... and the detector works at frequencies from 4khz to 40 khz... either in Multifrequency... or at a changeable 1 frequency from 4khz to 40 khz... .

One of the excellent features of the Rutus VERSA,...,is, among other things, Static mode, Pseudostatic mode - True Allmetal, and Mix mode with tonal resolution of target conductivity...which should mean excellent detection properties in difficult field conditions..

After Monday's Tests I will be able to write something more......
May 14, 2023 12:25PM
Thanks! Looking forward to your discoveries/observations!
May 14, 2023 03:59PM
Sounds good NINO!!

The 'mixed mode' on the Alter 71 is the closest thing to a lightweight nautilus 'Dual Mode' I've found in sound and performance.

Alter 71 is very deep.

Cant wait to see what you say about this new one.I'm looking to spend my money somewhere on a new unit and this pops up !!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
JCR
May 15, 2023 02:18PM
I'm looking forward to some considered objective reviews of this unit. I really like the Mixed mode & All Metal mode capability. I assume it is possible to purchase one from the UK dealer.

Chris
May 18, 2023 09:35PM
The Alter 71 was one of my favourite detectors to use, but i just didn't get the finds with it vs other detectors!
May 19, 2023 04:49AM
From Monday's testing... my colleague "SAPER" made a video... I think you can see how the detector works there....

"SAPER" is a co-designer and main Terster of RUTUS Metal detectors..

[www.youtube.com]
May 19, 2023 11:28AM
Looking forward to your review Nino.
May 19, 2023 07:11PM
EL NINO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> From Monday's testing... my colleague "SAPER" made
> a video... I think you can see how the detector wo
> rks there....
>
> "SAPER" is a co-designer and main Terster of RUTUS
> Metal detectors..
>
> [www.youtube.com]
> s

Excellent Excellent Excellent Down the barrel report of the N.B.T. STUNNING for such a large coil!!

Is there a Concentric coil available for the VERSA??
I found the Alter 71 to perform best in iron with the Concentric?

Do you have any hot bricks or ceramics to test with the Multi freq in use?

Thank's for the Video Nino

I'm thinking I may have to try one after hearing that all metal mode two tone! and seeing that down the Barrel!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
May 19, 2023 09:55PM
1. Ghound ..Alter71 v.2 is the detector that found me the most gold coins/11/,, Equinox 800/3/ and Atrex/4-..so far/...of course I also used different coils sizes ..in detection.. for these detectors..which further optimize the performance of the given detector...

...I don't have to explain...that I have full confidence in my Alter 71v2...but as Tester.. ATREX detector,...more or less from the ATREX prototype... I know that this detector goes even further than the Alter 71...especially in different types of difficult and mineralized terrain where not only multi-frequency but also multi-filter they do a really good job..

The Rutus VERSA goes even further... because it was very stable during testing. at a sensitivity of 30/max/. so I think there is a reserve... for a further increase in performance..
..VERSA has not only new electronics of the detector ..but also new electronics of the coil...which increases the stability of the detector even more...so the possibility of an even longer increase in performance is really a real thing...

2. Keith... thank you ..... since Alter71 and Atrex share the same coils ... I can use a whole range of DD coils of different sizes on these detectors.. from 6x10" to 15" + 2 concentric coils ...namely a 23cm CC coil and a 12cm CC coil ...

According to VERSA, it will initially have the option of a standard 11" coil and a 23CM DD coil.... I believe that a 23cm CC coil and also a small 12cm /4.75"/ concentric coil will come soon... which I really liked... on previous detectors..

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2023 03:09PM by EL NINO.
JCR
May 20, 2023 02:07AM
It's getting better all the time.
El Nino,,, Is the Mixed Mode on the Versa true stereo so that with headphones you hear the All Metal channel in one ear and the Disc tone in the other? That would be a huge benefit. Something my Tarsacci desperately needs.

Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2023 02:12AM by JCR.
May 20, 2023 12:57PM
I'm starting to have interest in this one!!! (At least........ in some of its aspects).
May 23, 2023 09:31AM
..Rutus VERSA enables the detector to work in either Multifrequency/4-40 khz/-10 channels or on 1 frequency from 4 to 40khz.. in steps of 0.2khz or 0.6khz.!!!
.. And settings Multifilter ON/OF.. for Multifrequency or 1F frequency..

In Rutus *VERSA* of the first channel /1/ static-All metall - Similar to ATREX, you can edit:

Strength of *Static channel 1-30..., SAT setting 0-20, VCO setting 0-20, as well as the strength and tone of the Threshold,
There are enough settings to adjust the characteristics of the static channel to the type of detection... - which I really use very well... according to my detection style...

In the second /2/dynamic channel.. you can adjust the settings:
detector sensitivity setting 1-30, discrimination setting-30-0-+90 VDI, also notch setting, iron volume 0-20, recovery speed1-8, detector volume 1-30, audio gain-amplification of weak signals/modulation/, Audio number of tones in audio-or audio Pitch tone ...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2023 09:38AM by EL NINO.
May 23, 2023 11:19AM
Is probably mono like Alter and Atrex was. I asked RUTUS about stereo mixed mode a few years ago... hardware should be different.
JCR
May 23, 2023 01:47PM
As long as you can adjust the relative volume of each channel of the Mixed mode(All Metal/Disc) it will be just fine. That's one of the biggest shortfalls on the Tarsacci's Mixed mode; the All Metal over powers the weak Disc tone.
El Nino, please keep us informed on the Versa. Thanks.

Chris
JCR
May 24, 2023 09:52PM
The Polish dealer that is closely related to Rutus has the Versa listed as Out of Stock but priced around $785 USD, including VAT but without shipping. I have been studying the User Manual for the Atrex V2.0 since the Versa manual is not out yet. It has been very educational. These people are serious about detectors/performance.

Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2023 09:55PM by JCR.
May 25, 2023 12:30PM
JCR,

I got my Rutus Atrex from Detecnicks in UK.

Good price, and Luke and Natasha were great to work with.
JCR
May 25, 2023 02:12PM
Dave,
Luke is the one who answered my enquiry so promptly.
I would rather pay a little more than have to deal with any language complications even though it would be nice to deal with Saper, who is directly involved with Rutus. Shipping may be less from the UK than Poland also. It may be best to wait the extra month or so in case there are any early production issues to address.
What is your impression of the Atrex compared to the Impact? I have an Anfibio Multi, which is a great machine, but the 2 All Metal modes are a bit of a disappointment, especially on TID at any real depth.
How well does the MultiFilter option on the Atrex improve performance in higher mineralization?

Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2023 02:41PM by JCR.
May 25, 2023 07:16PM
One of my ATREX tests with the Multifilter on a nickel coin turned off and on.. under a 25 kg bag of 97% hematite... .. in the test for using 1 frequency ..... in this test .. you turn on the multifilter with the + button../testing software/

[www.youtube.com]

Saper's test..Rutus ATREX on the first multi-frequency software ...
..other multi-frequency software for Atrex is even better...

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2023 07:43PM by EL NINO.
May 25, 2023 07:44PM
I really want to get hold of one.

And yes a Mixed mode done right is as deep as we are going to ever get in a VLF unit.

Proper mixed mode has always been a game changer for real depthNow a mixed mode in Multi so a person can run in bad soil and wet salt will be tremendous..

And yes the key is being able to control the sens of each channel for optimal usability concerning the deep stuff.Proper mixed channels that are actually working separately are very conveying.low conductors will come in later than all metal report almost requiring all metal peak report to trigger the disc report.High conductors will come in earlier/quicker than all metal peak and at times in unison with all metal signals.Great way to hunt for extreme depth if its done right like Nautilus did it.I can tell a low conductor from a mid conductor to high conductor just by the timing of the disc report to the all metal all in one tone with no meter and be very accurate.

This is one thing I've always wondered my manufacturers didnt try and create a Hybrid pulse.pulse being all metal channel and disc being VLF channel.Run them in unison and the operator will figure out whats worth digging on all metal pulse side after a few hours of operation.Especially field and beach hunters.

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
JCR
May 26, 2023 02:32AM
Very encouraging information & videos.

Chris
June 01, 2023 10:37AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I really want to get hold of one.
>
> And yes a Mixed mode done right is as deep as we a
> re going to ever get in a VLF unit.
>
> Proper mixed mode has always been a game changer
> for real depthNow a mixed mode in Multi so a perso
> n can run in bad soil and wet salt will be tremend
> ous..
>
> And yes the key is being able to control the sens
> of each channel for optimal usability concerning t
> he deep stuff.Proper mixed channels that are actua
> lly working separately are very conveying.low cond
> uctors will come in later than all metal report a
> lmost requiring all metal peak report to trigger
> the disc report.High conductors will come in earli
> er/quicker than all metal peak and at times in uni
> son with all metal signals.Great way to hunt for e
> xtreme depth if its done right like Nautilus did i
> t.I can tell a low conductor from a mid conductor
> to high conductor just by the timing of the disc r
> eport to the all metal all in one tone with no met
> er and be very accurate.
>
> This is one thing I've always wondered my manufact
> urers didnt try and create a Hybrid pulse.pulse be
> ing all metal channel and disc being VLF channel.R
> un them in unison and the operator will figure out
> whats worth digging on all metal pulse side after
> a few hours of operation.Especially field and beac
> h hunters.
>
> Keith

Wow, what an idea. Hope you get your hands on one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2023 10:42AM by markg.
June 20, 2023 12:17AM
What is the update on this detector?
JCR
June 20, 2023 01:53AM
I actually sent an E mail inquiry to the UK dealer today but have not heard back yet. July/August time frame is what they were anticipating. Still no Users Manual download on the Rutus web site yet.
I have pretty much made my mind up to get one as soon as they are available. I think it will be a very good machine for my red dirt sites and a lot of fun to learn.

Chris
June 20, 2023 02:15AM
Can anyone ballpark a price and more specs on frequency’s running at the same time. Any dealers yet.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 21, 2023 03:46AM
Keith! What are you hunting with now? And this rutus verse, is that on your wish list? How much and who may carrier it.
Just catching up on some of the different machines people are using. I like the iron filter on the legend. Been able to pull coins that the iron was masking.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

JCR
July 05, 2023 02:18PM
The English language Users Manuel for the Versa is available to download on the Rutus website now.

Chris
July 05, 2023 02:49PM
Got a link

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

July 05, 2023 04:34PM