Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

We Are Fortunate

Posted by ozzie 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
We Are Fortunate
August 24, 2011 12:44PM
to have this forum. It's important to have something to look forward to so the daily grind dosen't get to you. My daily routine is rise early, let out the dog, put on the coffee, feed the dog, cook my eggs, eat, then sit down in my easy chair with my laptop and go to Tom Dankowski's Metal Detecting Forum and hope there are a big list of posts. After that, read a bit of my book of choice or make a list of things needed to move the current job along. After work and being phisically and mentally tired, sit back down in the easy chair to unwind and go to the forum. Reading the forum and getting involved adds a great deal to the exitement of the next hunt, pumps you up so to speak. So thanks Tom for starting this as it is a much valued part of my life and, I'm sure, everyone else's.

ozzie
Re: We Are Fortunate
August 24, 2011 01:07PM
Agreed.
Unlike most of the other forums, this one you actually learn from.
August 24, 2011 01:10PM
Amen.....never saw a forum where there are so many dancers and not as much wallflowers.

Lots of informative forum members who are willing to help whatever the case may be so technical or layman feel free to add your expertise or perhaps pick up a tip or two as indeed gets my tip of the hat for a nice forum that is not brand specific and a good read...
August 24, 2011 01:57PM
Several of the forums have some real professional guru's... but rarely do they post or add some real insight to your question.... especially honest opinions. Ive been told by some of these sites a lot has to do with sponsors. They dont like hurt feelings. You dont get that beat around the bush reply on here, but an answer that might truly help you in your next hunt.

Dew
August 24, 2011 02:03PM
It is the leader in the detecting industry..We should call Tom Uncle Tom because he has all made us better at our hobby.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 24, 2011 02:17PM
The problem w so many forums especially FindMall, is the "show and tell" mentality, or the how many silvers did you find so far this year? Yes, there are alot of good hunters on those sites, but its not very often they share any "real" knowledge like you can learn here on on the DVDs.
August 24, 2011 05:45PM
I like show and tell but i dont hunt as some do .
My silver count is low this year , with some non productive sites and less time hunting.

My hunt style has me with more Barber Quarters than Washington Quarters
Barber dimes about the same as Mercs.

Less than 10 silver this year but 2 Seated and i am Ok with that.

I point any one to here that wants some real info. .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2011 05:58PM by gman.
August 24, 2011 08:43PM
I agree totally and everyone is treated the same no matter if you have been detecting 30 days or 30 years. It not like another forum for a detector they don't make any more where they bite your head off if you ask a question about that perticular machine and you have been detecting less than 30 years. Talk about a bunch of grumpy old men!
August 24, 2011 10:35PM
Lots of of really smart cookies here, sharing their knowledge.
LowBoy.......can't bring myself to address Dankowski as Uncle Tom............so I will opt for Father Tom...........our resident clergyman of the Church of Elevated Detectingsmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2011 03:15AM by TerraDigger.
August 24, 2011 11:27PM
Many thanks.

See what happens when you are TOO honest!

Motto: Truthful, candid, professional, honest. NEVER intentionally 'biased'.
August 25, 2011 01:08AM
Hey TerraDigger,I wasn't talking about this forum. It's another one I was talking about. They are very rude and disrespectful. my mother use to alway's say it doesn't cost anything to be nice.
August 25, 2011 01:28AM
Would just like to piggyback on all the other comments. Although life commitments have not provided me much of an opportunity to get out and enjoy the hobby latley, I frequenly visit the site to gain insight and enjoy the commaraderie and views of like minded individuals. Thank you all for your inputs.
Harold......Re: We Are Fortunate
August 25, 2011 03:11AM
Whoops...my apologies....your right. I misread your post because I wasn't wearing my glasses. Will edit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2011 03:16AM by TerraDigger.
August 25, 2011 06:21AM
Here, here, a toast to Tom and his great contributions to the detecting community!

HH,
Brian
August 25, 2011 06:57AM
I know I make alot of jokes here, (not particularly funny, except to me) but in all seriousness, I have to say this. Been detecting for 28 years. Been here at Tom's for a few months. Have learned more about detecting theory, operation and techniques in a few months than the last 28. And I have read considerable material from alot of sources. My thanks to Tom and and the forum members. Plus I have pulled a few tasty finds that I never would have gotten, except by the knowledge acquired here.
Some of us cross-post between here & F-Mall. We like to spread the Dankowski site's knowledge far & wide, even though they never realize its sourcesmiling smiley After all, they are fellow detectorists and deserving of help, even if they erroneously believe the 'FM' site is the best source available.
August 25, 2011 11:57AM
I think that this is the only site that you can post any question about detectors and it will not be deleted. I have had several comments on other forums, just because I stated a different machine, was deleted.
Her you get unbiased professional responses. I always feel that if you truly believe you have a quality product, then you will welcome a good honest comparison to other products.

Tom in SC
August 26, 2011 04:41PM
This forum is second to none...a treasure-trove (pardon the pun) of fantastic information. It all starts with the man at the top -- "Father" Tom (I like that, TerraDigger!), and continues with all the highly knowledgeable AND willing-to-share members that post here. My sincere thanks goes out to NASA Tom, and next to all who have helped me learn so much in a short time...

Steve