Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ-5vs E-Trac

Posted by Texasdirtdauber 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ-5vs E-Trac
August 25, 2011 04:11AM
Tom, in somewhat neutral soil, does the ETrac have any appreciable advantage over the CZ-5?

Frank
Re: CZ-5vs E-Trac
August 25, 2011 06:10AM
There are many advantages,but if nothing else the E-trac has a 11" DD coil stock vs a 8" concentric stock coil on the CZ-5.

HH,
Brian
August 25, 2011 01:18PM
Of course Explorers just give the operator many facets to alter his unit for his neck of the woods and style of hunting and much more info to dig or not and of course a long learning period for most individuals to get the most out of their unit but learned well are deep excellent units.
On the other hand a CZ will go as deep or deeper coil for coil in user friendly fashion with a short learning period and also excel.

Considering prices its like trying to compare a 20 thousand dollar car versus a 30 thousand dollar car as both will get you from point A to B but not in the same fashion which might be a good analogy.

Certainly many do well with either and for that matter some have both as in the hands of an experienced user both are potent units in this addiction ERR hobby....
August 25, 2011 01:30PM
I would strongly advise the new detectorist to go with the CZ before a Explorer/Etrac as the learning curve is way shorter.
Thats the beauty of the CZ, its simplicity and power, and still provides alot of information.
I like my Etrac, however....I am a firm believer that a seasoned CZ user can still do just as well as any Etrac user.
And....even though my 3D is alot older tech, I challenge anyone with a Etrac to out-do me on old coins and ESPECIAILLY gold rings.
August 25, 2011 02:55PM
Thanks, guys, this is what makes this forum so special.

Frank
August 25, 2011 03:20PM
Have to agree with Aaron standing alongside a field with either would feel confident rel old coins.

As far as gold rings or nickles would feel more confident with a CZ but if it were highly mineralized or EMI am sure the Explorer with noise cancel feature would be my choice so give and takes either way and as I stated before some own both to cover all bases..and rule of thumb for the relative newbie the CZ would be my recommendation also..
August 25, 2011 03:37PM
That's why I have both the E-trac and a CZ-3D. They are the 2 best machines I have ever used for my type of hunting. It's fun to go back to a site and rehunt with the other detector and see if you can pull another keeper or two. I have been doing that lately with the CZ-3D since I got it back from Tom. I went to a site yesterday that I hit pretty good with the Big E and found a mercury dime about 7'' deep with a nail about 1'' away from it! And who says CZ's are no good in iron trash!
August 26, 2011 12:07AM
The CZ is MUCH more user-friendly and audibly more intelligible. Both units will ascertain nearly exactly the same depth....... even though the CZ has a much smaller (8") coil. If you are a beginner (or have just a little bit of experience).... the CZ is a MUCH better choice. If you had somewhat bad dirt mineralization...... I would then recommend that you start with...and learn the ETrac.