Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ-3D How long?

Posted by Harold,ILL. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ-3D How long?
August 31, 2011 05:59PM
I was wondering if Tom or someone else in the know could answer a question I have had for some time. I was wondering are the F.T. CZ-3D'S being built at this time are from new First Texas manufactored parts? Or are they still using parts left over from Los Banos? And once this supply is exhausted the CZ-3D will be discontinued? I have heard some dealers say yes and once the parts are finished that's it. And I have heard some say no these are new parts and the CZ-3D will continue. I personally find it hard to beleive they would have this many parts left over,But was told it is possible. And lastly I have also heard since it is a analog machine and the mercury used that they can't produce it much longer because of O.H.S.A. ? When you think about it ,It is the last analog that I can think of being produced. I hope it stays in production,But I was just curious.
Re: CZ-3D How long?
August 31, 2011 07:05PM
According to what Tom has already told us there are no left over parts being used from Los Banos for the 3D, these are new parts from FTP...some of which are inferior to the original #1021. This issue was recently addressed and Tom had even stated that 3D is just to expensive to make compared to the new digital machines.
August 31, 2011 07:59PM
They are new parts.......... nothing left over anymore. Mercury????
August 31, 2011 08:14PM
I'm not a technical guy,But I heard there was mercury used in the analog meter detectors and that is why you don't see any being produced anymore as it is hazardous to work with. That's just what I heard from a dealer I know. I don't know if it is true. And Tom I have one last question,what year was the buy out by First Texas as I don't remember exactly?
August 31, 2011 08:42PM
FTP is still making the low end Bounty Hunter analog machines.....
August 31, 2011 09:09PM
Yes, but not needle analog it is digital analog?
September 01, 2011 12:26AM
September 01, 2011 01:31AM
If I recall correctly....... it was late 2005/early 2006 when FTP bought FRL.
September 01, 2011 02:02AM
Mercury is often found in minute amounts on many everyday use electronic items. From cell phones to flat screen TVs. Found in thermostats, relays and switches, printed circuit boards, batteries etc. That's the reason why e-Recycling (environmental recycling) is turning into a big business. Trying to get mercury, lead and other heavy metals out of the standard waste streams.
September 01, 2011 10:24AM
It would be interesting to know how much lead gets into water naturally. I know of an old lead mine about 3 miles from me. It is said the Lennape Indians made trinkets and jewelry from it and it was also mined for the Rev and Civil War projectiles. They also said they had trouble mining it because of it flooding (next to or in the creek). It was filled in long ago and is now under a man made lake in a beautiful park. The creek flows into the Deleware River then to the Atlantic.
When they put lead into gasoline to stop the engine knock, they knew lead was bad for us, they did it anyway, big bucks. Paint, same thing.
Now the EPA is reinforcing a law for home remodelering contractors to take a class ($200) on how to test for lead, brochures to homeowners, contain it, vacume with a heppa vac, and keep records when removing painted items from homes built prior to 1978. They also want $300 (paid to the EPA) from the contractors to register their company. It adds time, labor & material to the job because of the procedure to contain the lead based paint. The home owner ends up paying way more for a simple job. Contractors can be fined $36,000 a day if caught not abiding by the Lead Law. Guess where the demolished material goes, yep, out in the trash and to the landfills or incinerators with the rest of the garbage....go figure.
September 02, 2011 05:30AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was wondering if Tom or someone else in the know
> could answer a question I have had for some time.
> I was wondering are the F.T. CZ-3D'S being built
> at this time are from new First Texas manufactored
> parts? Or are they still using parts left over
> from Los Banos? And once this supply is exhausted
> the CZ-3D will be discontinued? I have heard some
> dealers say yes and once the parts are finished
> that's it. And I have heard some say no these are
> new parts and the CZ-3D will continue. I
> personally find it hard to beleive they would have
> this many parts left over,But was told it is
> possible. And lastly I have also heard since it is
> a analog machine and the mercury used that they
> can't produce it much longer because of O.H.S.A. ?
> When you think about it ,It is the last analog
> that I can think of being produced. I hope it
> stays in production,But I was just curious.

mercury use in the meter was one of the reasons the 6000 xl-pro from white's was discontinued
as well as the fact the detector,being an analog design, became ''cost prohibitive" to build!
better "margins" in digital designed equipment!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.