Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

my detector was stolen!

Posted by seeker41 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
my detector was stolen!
September 09, 2011 01:17AM
please be on the lookout for a teknetics g2! they also got my wallet,drivers license, credit card, bank card and my cell-phone. taken from my truck at my workplace. i have taken care of the cards and cell-phone and will be watching all online classifieds. if you see a g2 being advertised please pm me.
chuck.
Re: my detector was stolen!
September 09, 2011 01:35AM
What city or area do you live in so folks can keep an eye out.
September 09, 2011 01:50AM
Do you have the serial number? Did you call your insurance company? You may have been covered.

Tom
September 09, 2011 01:53AM
Sorry Chuck.
I sure hope you are able to recover it. You may also want to try the local pawn shops.
My buddys CZ 7aPro was also just recently stolen and it took me a while to find it for him on ebay, now Im trying to find another one for him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2011 01:56AM by Aaron.
September 09, 2011 04:24AM
That sucks! Sorry to hear it I hate thieves had my house broken into twice! Hope they did not charge too much on your cards. The girl friend got here car stolen with her purse in it and spent 3 months dealing with the banks on charges. Where they will try to get you is on e-checks even after the cards were canceled and accounts changed e checks were still rolling in. Hope they get the guys and you get your machine back O.K.
September 09, 2011 01:46PM
Serial numbers and a police report are in order so they can enter it into NCIC....over the years being a retired State Policeman saw many articles returned including an antique car as is and was recovered in N.Y. completely restored and the woman said I can't take that as was just a junker when stolen and I said lady sign on the dotted line and she drove off in a very expensive restored vehicle..Surprising what turns up when police break burglary rings and such.
Good luck and its not the world but the people in it and been there and seen everything behind the scenes.
September 12, 2011 12:49AM
thanks everyone!!!! still no news on it or anything else yet!!!!
September 12, 2011 02:09AM
keep us posted seeker...sorry you were the victim of a criminal...

Steve
September 12, 2011 04:06AM
Hey Chuck. It's very important that you give to police a serial number AND any identifying things like what coil, what head phones, what case, and for sure any identifiying marks, scratches, etc. When someone searches a data base looking for "metal detector" all or any of that information will help the searcher know that the machine was taken in a crime. Just saying "It's a Ford", is not enough. Any identifying information will help especially if you can't come up with a serial number, or someone removes the serial number. Sorry to hear that this happened. John
September 12, 2011 05:01AM
If you have the serial #, let the mfg know so they can flag it. You may get lucky, and one day it is sent in for service. Just another option. I really despise thieves. They cause alot of pain, yet usually get off easy if caught..........grrrrrrr.