Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Here

Posted by Beach 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New Here
September 16, 2011 06:13PM
I've been wanting to try a CZ3D or 21 for a while now, mainly for Texas beaches, but I also hunt parks, homesites and old plantation sites. Finally found a deal on a 3D(1021) and had to pull the trigger. I've been reading posts and articles here for a week and figured I'd better sign up so I can get some questions answered as they come up. Current other machines I use are a F5 and Vaquero. Beach
Re: New Here
September 17, 2011 12:58AM
Welcome to the forum. There are good people here with lots of experience and all willing to share!

"Happy hunting" - Schultzie
September 17, 2011 01:19AM
Read, think, hunt, ask questions! Oh and have fun also...that is what we do and this forum is a big part of everything tied together..

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 17, 2011 01:19AM
Welcome aboard beach. You've picked a good machine..it will serve you well.
September 17, 2011 02:01AM
you picked the right machine for hunting inland sites!!!!
September 17, 2011 02:19AM
You've also picked a great machine for shallow water hunting!
September 17, 2011 02:55AM
Welcome. You will find plenty of information here that should suit your needs. The home-page.... and the columns on the left side should help...... especially "CZ-3D" specific articles.
September 17, 2011 03:02AM
Welcome to the forum!!! By far, this community offers the MOST comprehensive, detailed knowledge on metal detecting out there. Tom doesn't waste time & energy with threads about religion, favorite foods & all that other crap like other sites. Only straightforward, no B.S. technical details from some of the finest hunters out there winking smiley

At times it may feel like 'information overload', however, read at your own pace, ask LOTS of questions and most importantly, get out there and apply the wisdom gained when swinging your detector.

I - as well as countless others on this forum - own the older CZ-3D's, so, you're certainly in the right place.

Good luck smiling smiley

Joe
September 17, 2011 08:12AM
Hey Beach, good to have you, post away!
September 17, 2011 08:35AM
Hey Beach, it sounds like you been at this awhile. Feel free to give and get. This is a great bunch!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
September 19, 2011 08:44PM
Thanks for the welcomes, I'm still playing with that new to me CZ, kinda getting a few things figured out, digging here in Texas is like chipping at concrete right now. Pasttom i've only been at this 4-5 years now, but sure have learned alot and have a long way to go to catch up with most on the forum. I have figured out I'm more of a tone hunter than a VID guy. I think it was the Golden Umax that really got me using tones more than VID, sold it a got a F5, great park and homesite coin shooter, just doesn't get the depth for the older sites. My Vaquero has been my go to machine for the older sites(goes deep), iron layer varies at 8-10". I got the CZ primarly to hunt those places along with the beach trips, heard so many good things about the CZ line, hope it proves out to be a wise decision. Tom
September 21, 2011 09:59PM
Welcome Tom.....Good bunch of guys here , and you will enjoy your stay ...... I am warming up to wanting a CZ-3D but have also considered a Vaquero also ....or maybe a Cibola that I will install a GB on ...... Anyway, enough about me .....Tom D is surely the GO TO man for the CZ-3D, and is also the GO TO man for a lot of discussion ......He runs the BEST forum on the net and now you are part of it ......Jim
September 22, 2011 05:01PM
Come on in and enjoy and be a dancer not a wallflower when it comes to posting...no holds barred with a nice bunch of guys...
PS: buy a longer digger.....
September 22, 2011 08:04PM
Dan, I got (built) and better digger when I got the Vaquero. Going back this fall to a spot in the woods where there was a foundry nearby during the civil war. I have an unfinished dig, steel target that appears octagonal (about the correct dia for a rifle barrel), I had to leave due to rain. The vaquero hit it with a repeatable. barely audible signal, measured depth of 26". This area does not have under ground plumbing or utilities. Can't wait to run the CZ in the area.