Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Question about coil cover

Posted by marxionu 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Question about coil cover
October 19, 2011 05:13PM
Can I be used as protective layers of tape like 3M or rubber over the coil. Whether it violates the perfomance or not?
Sorry about googel translator.
Re: Question about coil cover
October 19, 2011 08:06PM
Yes...... just be careful of electrostatic or metallic tapes. You can even use elmer's glue, pliobond and gorilla glue. A test-garden would really help verify that no performance has been lost.
October 19, 2011 09:04PM
I dont know..... those covers are CHEAP and great protection. Dirt hunting they just makes sense. On the beach where you have sand and water that is a pain and affects the GB then i remove mine. Even dry sand will show wear on a coil without a cover. That 1/8 of an inch of cover can take a lot of beating. There are a lot of products people put on coils.... but they dont have the flex a cover has.

Dew
October 19, 2011 09:55PM
Anyone ever think of putting waterproof bead of non-mettalic sealant on their coil cover...Clear sealant and a neat job and your good to go.....no sand or dirt should enter and probably a year or two or more depending on your application....
October 20, 2011 03:42PM
Several years ago I sealed a couple of coils and covers with Liquid Electrical tape, and it sealed great. I never have submerged the coil, but it keeps the dirt out, and with it being black it blends in like it wasn't even there.
October 20, 2011 04:32PM
I seal a water detector cover with water proof silicone , worked great.
October 22, 2011 05:14AM
Thanks
Coil cover for my Golden Mask is too expensive so the tape layer is better than nothing.