Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F-75 ??

Posted by Jackpine 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F-75 ??
July 21, 2007 11:06AM
Tom,

How well does the F-75 do using 2 tones and the PF mode for seeing non-ferrous colocated with iron? Is the audio quick enough to come close to the performance of single tone PF mode on the T2? The reason I ask is that while I liked the 2 tone audio of the T2 its performance in iron does not compare to PF mode.

Tom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2007 11:18AM by Jackpine.
Re: F-75 ??
July 21, 2007 09:30PM
Tom,

The Time Domain/Recovery Clock-Speed/Clock-Freq of the microprocessor on the T-2 & F-75 are identical. ... And I have found myself locked into the 'PF' mode on the F-75 for inland hunting (especially Fe infested dirt). A entirely different set (SET 2) of operating parameters are required with F-75 in 'JE' mode. Different Disc & Sens settings in particular. SET 1 = 'bc', 'de', 'pf' operate fairly similar..... with sub-set 'bc' mode presenting the greatest difference out of the three,, within SET 1. I'll nearly never use 'bc' mode..... as it induces too much masking back into the equation; hence, defeating the F-75's #1 highlight.

Not sure what you mean about single tone 'PF' mode on T-2. It does not have this tool-set/software.

If you need to perform maximum unmasking abilities..... monotone is a requirement.

Tom
July 22, 2007 04:14AM
Tom

I guess I could have phrased that better Tom. I was just wanting your take on using PF mode with 2 tones (low tone iron, high tone non-ferrous) on the F-75 compared to the T2 in PF or 2F. However you did answer my question with your last sentence.

Thanks

Tom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2007 10:45AM by Jackpine.
July 23, 2007 02:50AM
Silly question; Does your T-2 have a 'PF' mode?

Tom
Well Yeah..
July 23, 2007 08:54PM
I used the T2 for a little over a month and really like the plowed field mode, most of the time that is. However there are times when I am just not in the mood to listen to all the partial iron sounds (disc 21) then I would switch to the 2 tone mode and just listen for the high tone. The only thing is, the 2 tone mode definitely misses some non-ferrous co-located targets. Hence my question about the F-75's ability to see in iron when running in PF mode with 2 tones enabled as it is my understanding that can be done on with the F-75.. correct?

If you want to refer to single tone audio as mono-tone, that fine by me. We are talking 2 different languages it appears.

Can you hear me know?

Tom.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2007 09:01PM by Jackpine.
Re: Well Yeah..
July 24, 2007 04:05PM
My bad, Tom. My bad. I forgot that I'm still using a proto T-2..... and it does NOT have 'PF' mode. I'm not sure which T-2 Rev incorporated the 'PF' mode. In fact, I don't remember any T-2's having 'process modes'. I surmise to say that the 'PF' mode on T-2 & F-75 operate in the same fasion; however, F-75 is more powerful. This is also to say that 2-tone operation on F-75 & T-2 should be identical......except, once again, F-75 is more powerful. Same holds true with monotone operation option.

Tom
Ha HA.. I thought it was...
July 25, 2007 06:55PM
me not getting my point across. LOL

Tom if you would please put the 75 in PF mode and try it with 2 tones enabled if that is possible with it. I really would like to know if its better than the T2's 2 tone (not plowed field) mode for unmasking co-located targets.

Maybe I should just get another T2 and see if Dave would cut back a little on the iron handling in 2 tone mode. Yeah right!

Tom
Re: Ha HA.. I thought it was...
July 25, 2007 10:40PM
Got it. Understand now. And have already performed this test in the real world/real dirt many times...... and also on the (unfair/unrealistic) bench many times. Results;
With T-2 max'd out and 2-tone...... and F-75 in 2-tone, 'PF' and Sens of '82' (this is equiv to T-2's max Sens capabilities.... must compare apples-to-apples),,,,, the resultant is identical. Now........... that being said,,,,,,,,,,, boosting the F-75 Sens into the 90's.... a very non-linear performance gain is ascertained... and the F-75 (in the real world) will then find a greater (disproportionate) amount of non-Fe items in nail-infested sites well beyond the T-2 capabilities (read = limitations). BUT..... invoking "monotone" on F-75,,,,, and yet another level of performance is ascertained. Ear training required.

Tom
Thanks Tom...
July 28, 2007 02:06AM
I appreciate the info very much!

Tom Z