Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Look's like this guy is digging some nice stuff on the Beach in South Florida

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Look's like this guy is digging some nice stuff on the Beach in South Florida
November 17, 2011 01:29AM
Not sure exactly where but he is making some nice find's...even a $5.00 gold coin..

[www.thetreasuredepot.com]
[www.thetreasuredepot.com]

That gold coin is awesome.......

He has been showing relics off the beach for a few days now....

Keith
Re: Look's like this guy is digging some nice stuff on the Beach in South Florida
November 17, 2011 01:41AM
Sorry, I am skeptical, When I found my eagle I posted my whole story behind it and I was super excited. This guy posted on Findmall and after 5 years he has only posted 96 times. I hope he did find them but usually when people find super nice finds like that they tell a story instead of showing a picture. Again my 2ยข for what its worth. Even my 20.00 gold piece I jumped up and down.

LOL today I went out and found exactly THREE CENTS in the woods. A 1908 indian, a 1952 wheat and a house. exciting!!
Re: Look's like this guy is digging some nice stuff on the Beach in South Florida
November 17, 2011 02:13AM
That yellow coin is gorgeous. Incredible finds for down in Florida
Thanks Keith
November 17, 2011 02:27AM
Stunning finds. Yes..... I would be MUCH more excited. The buttons look like dirt oxidation.
November 17, 2011 02:29PM
Certainly possible as location is the key. Have to agree with Tom as the buttons sure look like they were dug on land not a beach and the gold coin looks to have no wear in a sand tide location.

Years ago dug a 1781 Realle after a storm on a N.J. shore but it was worn from rolling in the sand and water for years and sure looked like it came from a sand tide location and had to be cleaned.
November 17, 2011 03:08PM
He said he has written THREE books. Posted 96 times on Findmall in 5 years is less than 2 posts a month. So is he promoting the Soverign detector for Minelab, or promoting a book? Makes no sense to me. In three years I have posted 1700 times, I show all my finds and on the great ones can tell a story. Not just say here is a find and show a picture.

I have NO agenda but to show my finds cause I am proud of them and like to brag, and I do help others out that ask me questions. However, if your a michigan detectorist, I will tell you that diving here is horrible, the water is the wrong consistancy for diving and there is nothing to be found anyway in the 11 thousand lakes. So do not bother trying to take up the hobby, its a waste of money.
November 17, 2011 03:37PM
The vast majority of us on this forum, as you have already noticed rarely ever post pictures of our finds. The only time I've ever posted is when its a relic I'm not sure of or if there's something I'm particularly proud of, I will send it privately. This year has been the best year I've ever had. I don't care to brag, or for praise. Even if I finally found that elusive gold coin I'd only only share that info with those I knew I could ABSOLUTELY trust.
As my wise old father says:
"LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2011 04:12PM by Aaron.
November 17, 2011 04:18PM
I see that Aaron and I do understand. Find a silver dime and its yours. Find a gold ring and its yours. Find a cache and even if you have a letter saying you can search the property, good luck in keeping it.

I have found 2 gold coins, and a 12 - 15 thousand dollar ring. I post everything. I guess I haven't been burned yet. I refuse to tell ANYONE where I find anything. I find it in a lake in Michigan, 11 thousand to look in to find me!!
November 17, 2011 05:15PM
He does have a couple of books out and is on the ML website doing articles for them. Ill just say a Hell of a lot of unbelievable finds are coming from Southern Florida by Gary and that coin.... looks like it was dropped yesterday. Its possible hes not giving up the true location of his finds or has a really good clean up method. Im new to Florida but ive not talked to anyone who had hunted with him. Amazing finds..... i need a spot that produces like that.

Dew
November 17, 2011 08:23PM
Maybe that coin came from around someone neck. That would make it look new.
Looks like the guy has a website
November 17, 2011 09:29PM
[garydrayton.com]

He has some nice find's...the jewelry is unreal...

Dont know him personally but he has some dug stuff??????

I would bet the $5 coin came off a bezel ...Just by the way the scratch marks on the edges look ...looks like it was in a bezel....

The date is right for the time frame of the relics but it looks like a jewelry piece,....Either way I would like to dig it up!!!!

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2011 10:22PM by Keith Southern.
November 17, 2011 11:29PM
You know, some times I should keep my opinion to myself and this was one of those times. I am here to help others and share my finds. I am NOT here to put people down or to cause any problems. I should have kept my mouth shut on both forums and kept my beliefs to myself. So I really am sorry that I mentioned anything. If he did find it thats wonderful. I will try to stay constructive and not argumentitive. Sorry Tom.
November 18, 2011 12:31PM
I was a follower of YOUR posts we all say things on here that sometimes it just aint worth the drama Tom.... right or wrong. Ive not been in Fl long enough to know if those finds are possible on a Beach here. But i feel confident that he wouldnt come to the beaches im hunting and find those old goodies. Id love to have a honey hole that gives that variety of targets..... but i doubt youd be seeing many of them posted. If you have the knowledge and skills to write a book and want them to sell you have to put yourself out there and prove to people you know what you are talking about. Now days thou.... Utube videos seems to be the way to go. I do the ROCK eyebrow at some of peoples finds to so you arent alone. So like you maybe its better to keep it to ourselves.

Dew
November 18, 2011 02:45PM
I think we all (quietly) have "questions"...... as to the validity/authenticity of the actual location. From a scientific/physics stand-point...... old brass/copper buttons would not survive corrosive wet salt environment..... especially for 170 years. Gaurding the exact location is already 'understood' ......... a very common unspoken practice/ethic amongst detectorists.
November 18, 2011 04:44PM
i have two of his books and in his books he states he rarely posts and has learned to keep his mouth shut! old finds are/were being made here recently due to some nice erosion. he may post something once in a while to publicize his books but who knows? i also believe him to be a "pro".
i see posts all the time that i question such as 10 rings or more on almost every post? one guy in another country has some truly unreal posts but i just keep my mouth shut and move on.

chuck