Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I love my F70

Posted by Coinseeker 78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I love my F70
November 19, 2011 09:46PM
I set my F70 according to suggestions by Tom and went out in the front yard to try the detector out. I have detected this yard over the last 18 months with a Explorer SE and a Titan 3000xd at least 50 times. I have found 3 silver dimes and clad. When I went out today with the F70 which I had found two of the dimes. With the new settings I found it was unmasking much better then in the past. I got a signal amongst a lot of iron and walked away thinking I was hearing iron falsing. After moving on I started thinking wait a minute those high beeps were to sharp a response to be Iron. So I went back and swung the coil around the signal for about half way around the coin and got a steady signal at 8 inches. I then dug up a 1955 wheat penny. I had avoided this area of the yard because of so much trash the other detectors just couldn't unmask anything. There is a power line running the length of the yard and I ended up adjusting the detector as follows 1 disc, 9 threshold F1 hertz 80 sensitivity. I had a very little EMI once in awhile but not enough to be bothersome. I feel I learned a lot about reading iffy signals today thanks to Tom and other contributors to this forum Thanks to all you guys and gals on this forum once again
Re: I love my F70
November 20, 2011 02:15AM
Glad it's opening up new doors.
November 23, 2011 05:25PM
whats the opposite model from technetics ? is there one?
November 24, 2011 02:36AM
I don't think so. They have one that compares with the f75 but I am not familiar with there line of detectors.
November 24, 2011 02:49AM
T2 and F75 are similar; nothing in the Tek line that is a sister of the F70, really...

Steve