Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I just bought an Explorer SE

Posted by kickback 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I just bought an Explorer SE
November 05, 2008 09:45PM
I traded my F 75 for an Explorer SE.It should be shipped out on Thursday.I just got to a point where I didn't enjoy detecting with the F 75 anymore.My hope is that the SE will handle this mineralized ground better.Let the learning curve begin.Bill
Re: I just bought an Explorer SE
November 05, 2008 10:00PM
Bill,

I hope you have some dimes buried in a test-garden somewhere.......and know exactly how the F-75 responds to them in your dirt. THEN.... when the ML EX SE arrives, you will have a nearly exacting head-to-head comparison to gauge performance. Bad ground = Explorer trumps.
November 05, 2008 11:56PM
Tom The Mother of all test gardens has dimes at 3,6 and 10 inches.I have my F 75 test garden notes.It my be a moot point as it's snowing and going down to 20 degrees tonight.I can still run tests in the garden though.Send me some more warm weather.I may come down to our house in Melbourne Beach this winter .
November 06, 2008 01:21AM
I'm glad that you have F-75 notes! You'll see just exactly bad your ground is... when you try the ML on those targets. It may be that your ground is only 'mild' dirt.

Once in a while, I'll detect Melbourne beach. It's only 1 hour from my abode.