Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Question about CZ3D calibration

Posted by wjs 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
wjs
Question about CZ3D calibration
January 30, 2012 10:45PM
Is a CZ3D calibrated to be used at old sites in the enhanced mode but more modern sites in the salt mode. In other words if you were at a newer site with a lot of modern clad would you want to use it in the salt mode so newer nickels would come in as nickels and zinc would come in as zinc? Can one be calibrated like this if not?
Re: Question about CZ3D calibration
January 31, 2012 12:42AM
I think the 3D is calibrated the way you are stating it. The deal with enhanced mode when used in more modern sites, is that some trash targets will ID with a high tone, where as in salt mode, they would ID with a mid tone. I don't think there is change in the ID with modern clad in either mode, but I could be wrong.
January 31, 2012 02:43AM
CZ3D is calibrated to get older nickles as they come in lower than a Jefferson in enhanced mode and in reg mode might be a foil to nickle bounce or even a foil reading...As far as high coins zinc should be the same in reg and enhanced mode the big change is relic and has a different tone and in enhanced mode cover a lot of oddball old coins, tokens and gold coins. Tom has an excellent article on the workings if you Google a bit and imagine he will give a technical answer in the AM...Basically in reg salt mode is just a standard CZ locked in salt mode...
In other words one mode for new areas and one mode for old areas where in enhanced mode you have a better chance of finding old coins....
January 31, 2012 03:02AM
Dan-Pa ............ This would be the CZ-70 you are describing.

wjs.......... time permitting....... try reading the two articles specifically about the CZ-3D ... on the home-page of this forum...... on the left-hand column........... under the title of "Fisher Intelligence".

No.......... you can hunt new areas whilst in 'enhance' mode ...... along with old areas whilst in 'enhance' mode.
wjs
January 31, 2012 11:48AM
Thanks Tom and Dan. I will read the articles.
January 31, 2012 02:20PM
Tom my bad and honestly wife always says I just skim and don''t read and never realized the home page existed.
Am sure the articles mentioned will answer all his questions as actually tough to try to answer some questions on a post.
February 01, 2012 01:52AM
Not a problem.
February 01, 2012 02:39AM
Tom D, in your article (Fisher Intelligence) reguarding the cz3d you stated the 3d dosen't air test well. That kind of indicates that the soil helps with depth. Would you explain how the soil matrix affects the send/receive signal for better or worse?
Wjs, don't mean to be a post buster, I thought this question fit right in.
February 01, 2012 02:52AM
I never felt I clarified this to a acceptable definition; yet, did not want to 'infringe' in any way. Sooooooooooo............. I will say this:

Air-test 'distance' is not the issue/concern.
Correct ID with dirt matrix was moreso my inference. 'How' the unit would ID (more specifically) 'old coins' in a wider variance of dirt mineralization was the intent.
February 01, 2012 11:21AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I never felt I clarified this to a acceptable
> definition; yet, did not want to 'infringe' in any
> way. Sooooooooooo............. I will say this:
>
> Air-test 'distance' is not the issue/concern.
> Correct ID with dirt matrix was moreso my
> inference. 'How' the unit would ID (more
> specifically) 'old coins' in a wider variance of
> dirt mineralization was the intent.

You "will say this" or you only 'can say this'? If it's the latter, I can understand that and thanks for the answer. If you can further embellish (how the unit would id in a wider variance of dirt min) I would enjoy the read also.
February 01, 2012 07:58PM
Right now.... it would not be prudent for me to disseminate this data.