Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I just tried out the Personal Training By Phone with Tom!!

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I just tried out the Personal Training By Phone with Tom!!
January 31, 2012 02:50AM
Tom did NOT ask me to make this post or to publicly endorse him. This is my doings. And I am doing it because I just figured that my fellow hobbyist should know how helpful it was to me. I prepared for my Phone session by having a few questions ready when Tom called. And Tom went way above and beyond my expectations. I can't wait to get back out to the square nail beds that I have been hunting to try out the stuff that I learned. This man KNOWS HIS STUFF when it comes to these detectors. I told Tom that in about three weeks, I was wanting to have another session. It really enriches the enjoyment of the sport to gain intelligence about the subject instead of merely turning on the detector, ground balancing it, and then just randomly striking out through the area with no plan or technique.
I just sit there and took notes while Tom answered all of my questions and then some. It was well worth the money spent. And on top of all that, he's a nice guy. I hope me posting this doesn't make Tom angry with me, but it's just my way of showing my appreciation AND, letting every other forum member know that it's cool as heck and will be beneficial to ya. I have been detecting since last March on a regular basis and started thinking that I had this thing pretty well figured out. LOL But after tonites phone session, I realize that I have got a long way to go. Thanks Tom. happy Hunting everyone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2012 02:51AM by Kevin B.
Re: I just tried out the Personal Training By Phone with Tom!!
January 31, 2012 03:05AM
You are welcome. Always enjoy it.
January 31, 2012 08:14AM
I noticed the phone consultations and thought that was a great idea. I'm an English Teacher and have done quite a few phone trainings as well as over Skype - the latter has been excellent. The nice thing about Skype is that you can record it for future playback (if you have software which for mostly is free.) Would that be a possibility for us folks overseas? The Euro dollar conversion makes it just a bit more affordable for us as well, at least right now.

Hey, I just got an idea for a Dankowski Podcast! ;-)

Albert
January 31, 2012 01:14PM
Hmmmmmm. Maybe!
January 31, 2012 01:59PM
Good idea Albert.
January 31, 2012 02:00PM
In a nutshell Tom knows detecting and how to enhance ones abilities. Just from watching some of his videos and being a regular on the forum learned myself so certainly a thought to take advantage of Telephone learning.

Years ago when I received my first Explorer spent some time on the phone with a club member that excelled with the unit and my learning period was quite short after the long conversation. So it does work and will sharpen your skills.
Never can learn too much relative this hobby and a lot of little tricks -setups and the like will do just that.
January 31, 2012 03:21PM
Bet that was way cool. I like earthmansufers idea of being able to record it.
I have another idea, let you guys drive it around the block and kick the tires, tell me what ya think.
As,I have seen one forum with a chatroom (which I have never seen anyone use)... We could set up a teamspeak or one of those type programs. Ive got an old gamer computer sitting here doing nothing, I could run it as a server,it doesnt take that much resource but even tho I do have cable, my bandwidth is limited, but still; we could have a minimum on with no lag, and a maximum with some lag.
He could charge a small fee, send it to Tom, call it Toms Detector Talk or whatever he chooses.
Heck, he probably has the resources himself to run the server, it isnt much.
Wouldnt have to run it all the time, once a night, or couple nights a week at a given time.
Im like some of you, Ive talked to various detectorist over the years, been talking with several since Ive gotten this E-Trac...very freakin helpful, plus all the other insights and tricks you learn.
Well it just popped into my head after reading this thread,Im sitting here bored, been down with the crud for 4 days now, cant work, cant detect,lol.
Like always, just a country bumpkin, cant contribute to the intellect as most of you, just trying to contribute something.
John
February 01, 2012 03:06AM
Gosh between the DVDs, this web site and the Personal Training By Phone I think things are pretty well covered. I bet Tom is compiling ideas and issues for improving future DVDs and we will continue to benefit in ever greater measure.
Tom

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie