Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher 1270x

Posted by Jerry SC 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher 1270x
February 25, 2012 07:45PM
I owned one of these a few years ago and regret having let it go. My hunting partner was using a Troy X-5 and the 1270 matched it in depth in our ground,(low minerals near the coast of SC).
I am thinking about purchasing a new detector and am in a tossup between the 1270X, Garrett AT Pro and the Tesoro Vaquero. I am a relic hunter with 36 years experience having used
Nautilus for much of that time. Getting to old now to use the heavier machines. Would like to hear from anyone who has used the 1270 and their results with it. Tone and visual ID is nice
but really not nesessary for me. Target seperation, working in iron and good depth are the important factors in relic hunting these days.
Re: Fisher 1270x
February 25, 2012 08:13PM
1270-Poor remake of the 1266 as they did away with the dual disc. and excellent ergonomics taking the batterries from under armcup and having a poorly weighted large control box. Have to say excellent depth and the noise control feature made it less noisy...

Might consider the Tejon which is basically a light remake much quieter 1266, however never used the Vacquero but many swear by it...
February 25, 2012 08:28PM
Hey Jerry in that good dirt the Vaquero would be the way to go and it is just as deep and separates better than the 1270...plus has a better all metal and is hotter on button's and small brass..Plus it's lighter...Lifetime warranty..

The Tejon is even better than the Vaquero in disc mode but more noisy...but it will get items out of iron that the vaquero will leave...not a lot but some...
tejon need's strong battery's to stay competitive though...

Vaquero is the tops of the 3 in all metal mode...

Till this day a Tejon is hard to beat in dense iron looking for low conductor's when equipped with a 5.75 concentric coil....

the Vaqero is close but just dont hit on the brass like the tejon....

Just what I have seen...Through trial and error...

If I was choosing 1270 or Tesoro I would opt for the Tejon with small coil as an option..

Keith
February 25, 2012 08:47PM
Why not a detector equipped with a DD coil and rapid microprocessor?
February 25, 2012 10:29PM
Thanks Dan, Keith and Tom for your response. Tom, I suppose you mean by a rapid microprocessor and DD coil maybe the F75---T2 or the AT Pro. I'm wanting to try one of these but they are just about out of my price range.
February 25, 2012 11:24PM
Hmmm....lots of used f-70s and 75ltds on the forums that could be in your $$$$ range.
Can't speak for the Tesoros Keith vouched for as I've never used them and no doubt what he says is true however I can speak for my LTD SE as it is my go to iron machine and especially what I recently witnessed in a iron infested pit that machine is amazing.
February 26, 2012 01:30AM
Jerry,

The AT Pro is the least expensive out of the batch....... and may suit your needs.