Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

WTB a Eric Foster Aquastar

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
WTB a Eric Foster Aquastar
March 04, 2012 11:44AM
If you have one you may be interested in selling, please let me know.
Thanks, Aaron
Re: WTB a Eric Foster Aquastar
May 19, 2018 07:54PM
Just having some fun here. Doing some research on a rainy day and found this post.

Aaron hasn’t posted in a while.

Nobody has an Aquastar for sale as far as I know - after 6 years, no luck.

Guess what Aaron - you might one day soon be able to buy a PI with the Fisher name on it which can equal the fabled Aquastar for depth and sensitivity and have iron ID.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
May 19, 2018 11:40PM
Long time no see/hear Arron!

You’re seeking a needle in a haystack I see grinning smiley

Good luck in your search thumbs down

Edit:
Oops - I didn't see the time stamp of the OP until now = couple/few yrs too late on this one it seems!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2018 01:21AM by MichiganRelicHunter.
May 20, 2018 02:45AM
Hopefully Aaron still checks in - there may be good news for him soon - from Fisher. The new PI that they are working on builds on the work Eric Foster did with beach PI’s.

Here is a quote from LE JAG who posts here - it refers to a 2013 version of the Manta - the detector which is now being developed for production by Fisher.

and comparing it to the Aquastar, Manta is certainly more stable and much quieter = this is, it makes the difference - equal in power, with a slight advantage over the delay 8.8”

Rick Kempf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2018 12:38PM by lytle78.
May 21, 2018 11:01PM
Lytle, you are getting excited waaay too early. They need to jump out of a plane first with one, then let the fun begin.
I dropped in by my local dealer today, and he still has 15 guys on a waiting list for the nox 800.
Is minelab rocking or what?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
May 22, 2018 01:09AM
The new Fisher PI is a niche machine - salt water use - find lots of gold.

The majority of our fellow enthusiasts have other interests.

I have use my Equinox 600 at the beach. It’s OK. My old CZ6 is nicer to use but less sensitive to tiny bits. Both are bothered by steel bottle caps.

I have every confidence that the new Fisher PI with Iron ID will be the detector every serious beach hunter wants = ignoring ferrous crap and even penetrating West Coast black sand beaches with ease.

Maybe an ex-Navy Seal to parachute this one in at Virginia Beach! Lol

Meanwhile the Nox will sell in its many thousands until the next great thing for the majority of serious inland hunters come along.

It’s not a zero-sum game. Room for lots of detector makers - as long as they keep advancing the state of the art.

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2018 01:10AM by lytle78.
May 22, 2018 09:56AM
"Manta is certainly more stable and much quieter = this is, it makes the difference - equal in power, with a slight advantage over the delay 8.8”

This statement Rick, is it hype, or the real deal? Is he over excited? Was that statement ...... on the wet sand or IN the water? Ive never used an aquastar so i dont know how much noise you would have to deal with trying to pick out targets. Hopefully it wont be another combat looking unit....... they make a statement..... look at me, but swing like you have a dead horse attached in the water. Ive seen a lot of gold from this machine already. Id like to see them get together some tiny gold (pictures) with air test results. I remember the NOX seemed to be the one going to give us small chains and gold earring backs.... thats not happening that i can tell. BUT.... its not summer yet..... and there are still lines for the machine.... oh and i cant even buy a coil cover... ive tried. Im also hoping we get a machine that isnt limited in its ability..... in other words, lets take it where it needs to be for the more skilled hunters. I personally like a machine thats a bit of a challenge with a lot of potential.

Dew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2018 10:15AM by dewcon4414.
May 22, 2018 01:19PM
The Manta quiet and stable in running sea water at < 8 micro seconds is attested by Carl Moreland - the Chief Engineer at FT - here’s a quote he posted

“I've taken the Manta out on Oregon beaches at 6.5us, with surf running over the coil. Surprisingly stable. Yes, if you pump the coil up & down a lot you will hear the salt, but with a normal swing very little salt noise.”

[www.treasurenet.com]

Rick Kempf