Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

question on the f 75

Posted by kickback 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
question on the f 75
January 07, 2009 07:37PM
I'm using the small coil and on quarters. Sometime a quarter will ID on 89 or 90 , most quarters hi on 81 or 82. Ever if the depth is 7". Why does 1 out of every 30 hit hi ID ???
Re: question on the f 75
January 09, 2009 02:03AM
Partial masking (close proximity to decomposing iron) will cause this..... in the ground. If this is happening to you in an air-test..... I have never heard of this..... and would have no idea.
hole in the software analysis???
January 10, 2009 04:09AM
freaky thing but it can/does happen. something just a bit different about the skin effect on a particular item and how the phase analysis is done. Just my opinion

An aquaintance of mine found a large silver ring and the ID Edge I had at the time read the darn thing as iron. go figure??? Saw certain combinations of non-ferrous co-located items read as iron on the Coinstrke as well.

Never worried about it much, just accepted it as a minor glitches in the software engineers learning curve.

Tom
January 11, 2009 12:58AM
Jackpine.........

Was that silver ring found with a deeper detector and maybe was outside the ID Edge s ID capability.

Or was the silver ring going full circle on the 180 disc scale and warped into iron.
January 13, 2009 12:47PM
I think I found what is happening to me . I went yesterday with my SE it has a x5 small coil and found a 1942 dime at about 8". The ID was 5-28, most dimes are 3 or 4-28. I think the depth or the coin maybe turned some, so the ID reads a little off. It may work the same on large coils at more depth like 12 or 13".