Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Sit back and watch.....

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Sit back and watch.....
March 15, 2012 11:36PM
Im watching the Deus forum on Finds and I find it paricularly, amusing some of the ways people think. Especially those that are saying "well gee.. The competition surely has got to take notice of this!"
As if to say the other major manufacturers only just now took notice.
C'mon gimme a break!
The Deus has been out for over a year now, that's a long time and MineLab and FTP, better believe have had a XP in their labs for at least that long and they know what it does and how it works, strengths and weakness's.

All I'm saying is be patient...I bet the competition is going to have something very comparable if not better in the not to distant future....

I'd rather buy American anyway

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2012 11:56PM by Aaron.
Re: Sit back and watch.....
March 15, 2012 11:55PM
It is really getting more difficult to buy "American made" these days. look around your house and see what is American made. I am sure some of the internal components in some of the American made detectors are not american. Not to say all American made detectors but some have internal parts that are not american made... The days of Made in the USA are pretty much gone. Sad but true!
March 16, 2012 12:18AM
Buying American was not my point, and yes I agree not all the parts from the machines made over here are made here. It's that way with everything now, look at the automotive industry.
However, my main point is simply to not run out and buy the latest thing, before it has even proven itself....
March 16, 2012 12:30AM
It is a forgone conclusion that a lot of electronic parts and components are not made here. BUT...there are American companies who design, build, test, perform quality assurance, repair, etc. the detectors they sell, employ American workers and pay corporate taxes. So when we say Buy American,I think we need to put all those mentioned things into the equation.

As far as a lightweight, deep, fast recovery unit, that at this time can compete with this Deus (which I think is a really nice machine), I think my used, like new F75 Se I picked up with 2 coils (at 1/3 the price of a Deus) is DYNOMITE and will hold it's own against that machine in the places I hunt.
March 16, 2012 12:30AM
Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Im watching the Deus forum on Finds and I find it
> paricularly, amusing some of the ways people
> think. Especially those that are saying "well
> gee.. The competition surely has got to take
> notice of this!"
> As if to say the other major manufacturers only
> just now took notice.
> C'mon gimme a break!
> The Deus has been out for over a year now, that's
> a long time and MineLab and FTP, better believe
> have had a XP in their labs for at least that long
> and they know what it does and how it works,
> strengths and weakness's.
>
> All I'm saying is be patient...I bet the
> competition is going to have something very
> comparable if not better in the not to distant
> future....
>
> I'd rather buy American anyway

truth be known,they had it on their work benches
a week after it first was introduced! .count on it! heh! heh!
just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
March 16, 2012 12:35AM
Aaron Wrote:
> Buying American was not my point, and yes I agree
> not all the parts from the machines made over here
> are made here. It's that way with everything now,
> look at the automotive industry.
> However, my main point is simply to not run out
> and buy the latest thing, before it has even
> proven itself....

agreed! wait! be patient! get the thing in the field!
and used on a regular basis HERE!, allowing it to be
"carefully" evaluated first!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
March 16, 2012 12:57AM
therover61 Wrote:
>
> my used, like new F75 Se I picked up with 2 coils
> (at 1/3 the price of a Deus) is DYNAMITE and will
> hold it's own against that machine in the places I
> hunt.

And you know this how?

I'm not for one minute doubting your word. I'm just curious on a how you reached that conclusion.
March 16, 2012 01:02AM
Right on always remember way back when Tesoro manager sold a used XLT that they bought to see what made it tick. Apparently they didn't learn much with all their beep and dig units...

2 Grand for a metal detector they got to be crazy..

As far as buy American just smiled as I read made in America stamped on a detector....they should add with many foreign parts.....
March 16, 2012 01:04AM
Detectorist Wrote:
> therover61 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > my used, like new F75 Se I picked up with 2
> coils
> > (at 1/3 the price of a Deus) is DYNAMITE and
> will
> > hold it's own against that machine in the places
> I
> > hunt.
>
> And you know this how?

I was just wondering the same exact thing ..... I can tell you what an F75 wont do that a Deus can ....mitigate ALOT of EMI ! Oh and Aaron ....enjoy your wait ;-)
March 16, 2012 01:50AM
Hi,, I hear ya Aaron it's like a side show.....It takes more than a good foreign machine to have success.....There is American made machines that display recovery speed like this too.... My old Garrett machine and my half dead body is ready for a duel mono to mono.....LoL.....HH....JJ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2012 01:51AM by jimmyjiver.
March 16, 2012 04:30AM
They buy a lot of our machines in Europe made in the USA..nothing wrong in seeing what works and what doesn't. It just cost money to do that and for some people they have hunted a long time and used a lot of different machines and work hard and want to try the newest machine to see what it can and can't do. There are not a lot of machines that let you pick a freq. I think that is what we want from Fisher and Tek to do. Do we need a wireless coil? This new machine from France sounds like it could be a great machine because of the programing but life is too short and some of us are getting older so why not if you have the money try some of the new machines that are from the other side of the pond and see what they can do. I wonder if there is any one machine that does it all but I know a few hunters that know their machine like a CZ6 and can out hunt most anyone.

Maybe we are all looking for that one machine that just clicks with us...like Nasa Tom and the F75 and we use it till we can test if the newest machine that comes to America or is built here can out do the detector we have used for years. It is the hunters that never find anything and keep buying new machines and still find nothing that maybe should stick to one machine and learn it.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 16, 2012 04:36AM
I think, as has been discussed here before, that FTP needs to go over 'all' their technology...new/old (Fisher) and combine this into new models. Plus some basic easy to do upgrades like uploading & retaining settings in memory/backlights/wireless etc.
March 16, 2012 04:43AM
I stated I THINK my F75 Se....if you are going to quote me, quote the entire sentence please.
March 16, 2012 06:58AM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
> Right on always remember way back when Tesoro
> manager sold a used XLT that they bought to see
> what made it tick. Apparently they didn't learn
> much with all their beep and dig units...
>
> 2 Grand for a metal detector they got to be
> crazy..
>
> As far as buy American just smiled as I read made
> in America stamped on a detector....they should
> add with many foreign parts.....

yes! all the manufacturers are guilty of this!.as soon as a competitors detector
is released.they get one,open it on a work bench,"scope" it out to determine if the circuit design
can be improved upon,OR whether they can "circumvent" the patent,and introduce it a s a "new"
design!.nothin' new about it,as it's been ongoing since the first one hit the market...just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
Okay..... really?
March 16, 2012 03:43PM
There's a a lot of claims on the XP forum already on what a great machine/forum it already is. What I find really interesting is, gee...where's all the pictures of all the great stuff you guys are finding? Not one picture has been posted! Hmmmmm.

Stuff being said that "oh yeah it makes you not want to walk away and investigate".

Okay so what have you found that the Etrac/f75ltd couldn't????

C'mon man...you guys think your so smart do a controlled hunt grid off a area w string and stakes mark all targets w markers and record each one, compare how each machine reads. A head to head fare comparison. That is the ONLY way to know for sure!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2012 03:47PM by Aaron.
Re: Okay..... really?
March 16, 2012 04:08PM
This is a new detector in the Usa market, it will take some time to the finds pictures to appear. What's the rush, just be patient.
March 16, 2012 04:23PM
Yes my point exactly....don't be in a rush to buy something that's not proven.
Hey look, I appreciate your videos, they're really good and impressive however let's see you take the XP to a place where you really know is there is good non ferrous targets among iron and mineralized dirt AND bring another machine with preferably a f75 or a Etrac, compare the targets before there dug.

Sounds fair to me.

Again as I stated if the machine is as great as all those on the forum say it is then what are they finding? All the other forums are inundated w pictures of finds.

One word.....

HYPE.
March 16, 2012 04:41PM
Aaron Wrote:
> Yes my point exactly....don't be in a rush to buy
> something that's not proven.
> Hey look, I appreciate your videos, they're really
> good and impressive however let's see you take the
> XP to a place where you really know is there is
> good non ferrous targets among iron and
> mineralized dirt AND bring another machine with
> preferably a f75 or a Etrac, compare the targets
> before there dug.
>
> Sounds fair to me.
>
> Again as I stated if the machine is as great as
> all those on the forum say it is then what are
> they finding? All the other forums are inundated w
> pictures of finds.
>
> One word.....
>
> HYPE.

In my land, there a really not that much mineralized soil, only iron left by the people that was living there before. My Xp Deus have been performing fine and my detecting pal has a E-trac, that could be used to compare signals.

Check the numerous European made Xp Deus finds, if you want to see some finds pictures and by the way, this detector is no HYPE.
March 16, 2012 04:57PM
Prove it.

Borrow your buddy's Etrac, (please).

Inquiring minds would like to know.

Thanks
March 16, 2012 05:06PM
Aaron Wrote:
> Prove it.
>
> Borrow your buddy's Etrac, (please).
>
> Inquiring minds would like to know.
>
> Thanks

I couldn't use it anywhere in this time of the year, because all is frozen up. I will have to check back again in a month or two.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2012 05:07PM by Etsija82.
March 16, 2012 05:10PM
Actually the Deus has been out 2 years now...and I've had mine 14 months in California, I'm not a good judge or reviewer though since I'm a relative newbie,

And as far as photos..I posted my 2 Deus found Gold rings on 2 days there (and also on this forum), Nobody notice?

Should you buy one? Heck no...

Regards, Joe
March 16, 2012 05:29PM
Joe, as I recall you found those rings in the sand, congrats!

We're mostly wondering how it does in the iron/mineralization and trash stacked against the Etrac and LTD.
March 16, 2012 05:53PM
Aaron Wrote:
> Yes my point exactly....don't be in a rush to buy
> something that's not proven.

Well Aaron, how is it supposed to get "proven" unless SOMEONE buys it and tries it in the USA? Stop being such a skeptic about it... the facts will come out soon enough.
March 16, 2012 06:00PM
Well schultze according to that forum, there are a whole lot of experts that have it from over here.

According to them it already has been proven.....
March 16, 2012 06:09PM
Aaron Wrote:
> Well schultze according to that forum, there are a
> whole lot of experts that have it from over here.
>
> According to them it already has been proven.....

But you do not believe what they are telling you... so, how will it ever be proven?
March 16, 2012 06:15PM
What have they proved?
March 16, 2012 07:34PM
Aaron Wrote:
> What have they proved?

Aaron,

I think most of us know that the only thing ANY detector test proves is it worked in that controlled or somewhat controlled environment. No telling how it would work in areas you or I hunt, unless we actually have one in our hand. And even that does not prove anything because even the angles at which we sweep the ground, how wet/dry the ground is, what sweep speed we use and other variables, always affect potential target signals. Could be drastic or slight, but affect it does.

A person spouts off about a certain unit not getting effected by EMI like an F75 does, but guess what...I don't care because where I hunt with my F75, there isn't any EMI.

I can also state I THINK my CZ will out hunt the Deus where I use my CZ because guess what....I use it on salt water beaches, in the suds, where the Deus can't ( not unless from what I am told, you attach some type of co-ax cable to the coil where it's above the water so the wireless signal can get to the control unit). But unless I get a Deus, use it at that exact location on targets I located with my CZ, I can't prove anything. Also, it proves nothing to you or any one else unless you are also hunting the beaches I am hunting.

The point is, no matter what anyone posts or videos, the only way you, me, or anyone else will know if that unit is going to work as good or better than the current unit we are using, is to get one.

Last but not least, where you hunt is still 50-60% (maybe more) of the game. It's no use having an $1,800 unit or a $200 unit if there aren't any potenial good targets. You aren't going to find many cut spainish silver coins or civil war relics in a modern park in Oregon no matter what unit you use.
March 16, 2012 07:57PM
therover61 Wrote:
> I stated I THINK my F75 Se....if you are going to
> quote me, quote the entire sentence please.

My humble apologies, I missed that on the re-quote...

Aaron [ PM ]
March 16, 2012 02:15PM Registered: 2 years ago
What have they proved?

Aaron, Ive been real busy since I got my Deus, Ill try to post some pics sometime next week. It definitely has some advantages in ergonomics and flexibility, but the jury is still out regarding "overall" superiority in performance. I have at least 2 or 3 more sites to re visit, before I open my mouth TOO far.
March 16, 2012 08:09PM
Well Andy that wrote the book on the Etrac sells the Deus and it seems he really likes the machine and stands behind it. It may be that all you are getting for your money is a wireless detector with 4 freq. Is it better maybe not for all of us but maybe for some of us? I wish it was free to test a machine so we all could test one and see how it does in our ground...But like I have said before some detectors just click with the user and they are happy with the new machine. We now have access to reviews on the forum and so much to read that like anything you have to do your research and go with your gut feeling.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 16, 2012 08:21PM
therover61 Wrote:

>
> A person spouts off about a certain unit not
> getting effected by EMI like an F75 does, but
> guess what...I don't care because where I hunt
> with my F75, there isn't any EMI.

It will always depend on the users ability to overcome EMI (or not) In my area EMI is a big problem. If a machine/operator cant get rid of it, your hunting with a handicap. If your in an area with a lack of EMI, there are more viable options available to you. When I traveled with my 75 out of this area, it was a beast! In this area, not so much...