Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Sit back and watch.....

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Sit back and watch.....
March 16, 2012 09:17PM
My buddy Richard in Tennessee just became a Deus dealer too. His shop is about an hour north of me and his first shipment of them will be there Tuesday. Richard hunts the same red dirt as me and has good dirt around as well. I told him to let me know what he thinks and that I would ride up and take a look at one myself. Since we're all so "prove it" and too skeptical to buy one sight unseen lol it might be good if someone goes and sees one. IF I like it and buy one, and it does well here...I wont tell a soul and keep it to myself. :-)
March 16, 2012 09:54PM
I wish it could run 2 Freqs at the same time . it would make it more versitile.
Re: Okay..... really?
March 16, 2012 10:12PM
silversurfer Wrote:
--------------------------------------------------
>
> It will always depend on the users ability to
> overcome EMI (or not) In my area EMI is a big
> problem. If a machine/operator cant get rid of it,
> your hunting with a handicap. If your in an area
> with a lack of EMI, there are more viable options
> available to you. When I traveled with my 75 out
> of this area, it was a beast! In this area, not
> so much...

silversurfer......I agree and that is what I was trying to convey. EMI mitigation, along with a lot of other variables, will make one detector more viable over the other for a hunter. Heck, battery life (even TYPE of batteries used), is another variable that may have a higher priority for one hunter whereas it's way down the list for another.

It all boils down to what works best for a person and since we are all different, with different objectives, finances, etc. it will be different for everyone. Shoot, I have an E-Trac, F75 Se, Sov GT, CZ3D, DFX, and had countless others, but I mainly hunt with an old CZ6a with an 8 inch coil for almost all types of hunting due to the fact that I just find more good stuff with it.....so the LUCK factor also has to be incorporated into the equation !
March 16, 2012 10:58PM
Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes my point exactly....don't be in a rush to buy
> something that's not proven.
> Hey look, I appreciate your videos, they're really
> good and impressive however let's see you take the
> XP to a place where you really know is there is
> good non ferrous targets among iron and
> mineralized dirt AND bring another machine with
> preferably a f75 or a Etrac, compare the targets
> before there dug.
>
> Sounds fair to me.
>
> Again as I stated if the machine is as great as
> all those on the forum say it is then what are
> they finding? All the other forums are inundated w
> pictures of finds.
>
> One word.....
>
> HYPE.

the procedure you mention is precisely WHAT
should be done!1..it isn't "dead nuts" accurate,
but close enough to determine if OTHER presently obtainable equipment will "find"
anything the dues doe"s in an identical working environment.it has been suggested
that the deus is just a different "direction" and that it may,or may not be better than other detectors
already readily available.i find this to be somewhat "'disturbing" in that it may be determined that
the deus offers no "real" advantage in the field,yet the price tag suggests "premium" pricing.in my view,
detectors that demand "premium" prices MUST offer advantages,NOT currently available,or the "value"
becomes non-existant...just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2012 11:04PM by jmaryt.
March 16, 2012 11:39PM
Try not to base info of machine on the price....I think most people are trying to compare it to etrac's and explorer's not so much in performance but what they paid for their machine....

People seem to think becasue a detector cost 1500.00 or 2200.00 or 5000.00 that they are better machine's as the price goes up....I dont see it that way...

I for one dont think a Etrac comparison is fair....Etrac's have the abiltiy to run the Minelab patented multi freq platform...And they excell in bad mineral were other's wont....

The DEUS is multi but as far as I know and I may be wrong it is still one freq at a time...so to compare the Deus to a E-trac is really not fair....I think the DEUS would one up the Etrac in say medium to mild dirt when the right freq was in use for the right target...

Just because the DEUS is multi freq dont think it will run like an Etrac in bad dirt it's is still a single freq at a time...

I dont think it is meant to go head to head with an Etrac....I think it is meant to replace a lot of vlf detector's in one package...And I beleive it can do that with no problem...

So the $2000.00 cost equates into let's say having a whites XLT 800.00 buck's....A F-75 regular 900.00 buck's gold Bug Pro 600.00 buck's...Well there's 2300.00 dollars worth of machine's right there...Plus light weight with the option of software upgrade's...

I actually see it as a deal...But I see it replacing those machine's...and occasionally in the right environs any one of those machine will out shine a Etrac ..But bad dirt those machine's will struggle more so than an etrac...

so I think the Etrac comparison's are a bit miscalculated...

I see the DEUS as a frontrunner in VLF technolgy to eliminate a closet full of detector's....I did not mention the F-75 LTD as of yet becasue I belive it (THE ltd) will outshine it in certian aspect's on certain target's..But the other's mentioned I believe could be replaced...who knows though the ltd could get replaced..

If you have just one VLF and it's say a f75 or XLT you are not really looking for something like the DEUS ...a person who has a few machine's on different spread freqs and looking for lightning fast target separation will most likely benifit form the step up...

I myself look at it at as a perfect way to experiment in iron infested site's...

On one hunt you could emulate a half dozen machine's at your desire without going back to the vehicle to get another one...

Again as I see it dont base comparison from one company to the other because you have the top of the line in that brand..

Just becuase a person paid 1500.00 for an etrac they should not feel all of a sudden they have a piece of junk because another machine cost 2200.00

The 2200.00 I am sure will out do the etrac somewhere sometime .Maybe if you hunt iron alot it will out do it quite often but if you hunt a variety of area's and ground site's the etrac will outdo the 2200.00 machine's somewhere sometime....

Just my thought's

Keith
March 17, 2012 12:37AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Try not to base info of machine on the price....I
> think most people are trying to compare it to
> etrac's and explorer's not so much in performance
> but what they paid for their machine....
>
> People seem to think becasue a detector cost
> 1500.00 or 2200.00 or 5000.00 that they are better
> machine's as the price goes up....I dont see it
> that way...
>
> I for one dont think a Etrac comparison is
> fair....Etrac's have the abiltiy to run the
> Minelab patented multi freq platform...And they
> excell in bad mineral were other's wont....
>
> The DEUS is multi but as far as I know and I may
> be wrong it is still one freq at a time...so to
> compare the Deus to a E-trac is really not
> fair....I think the DEUS would one up the Etrac in
> say medium to mild dirt when the right freq was in
> use for the right target...
>
> Just because the DEUS is multi freq dont think it
> will run like an Etrac in bad dirt it's is still a
> single freq at a time...
>
> I dont think it is meant to go head to head with
> an Etrac....I think it is meant to replace a lot
> of vlf detector's in one package...And I beleive
> it can do that with no problem...
>
>
> So the $2000.00 cost equates into let's say having
> a whites XLT 800.00 buck's....A F-75 regular
> 900.00 buck's gold Bug Pro 600.00 buck's...Well
> there's 2300.00 dollars worth of machine's right
> there...Plus light weight with the option of
> software upgrade's...
>
> I actually see it as a deal...But I see it
> replacing those machine's...and occasionally in
> the right environs any one of those machine will
> out shine a Etrac ..But bad dirt those machine's
> will struggle more so than an etrac...
>
>
> so I think the Etrac comparison's are a bit
> miscalculated...
>
>
> I see the DEUS as a frontrunner in VLF technolgy
> to eliminate a closet full of detector's....I did
> not mention the F-75 LTD as of yet becasue I
> belive it (THE ltd) will outshine it in certian
> aspect's on certain target's..But the other's
> mentioned I believe could be replaced...who knows
> though the ltd could get replaced..
>
> If you have just one VLF and it's say a f75 or XLT
> you are not really looking for something like the
> DEUS ...a person who has a few machine's on
> different spread freqs and looking for lightning
> fast target separation will most likely benifit
> form the step up...
>
> I myself look at it at as a perfect way to
> experiment in iron infested site's...
>
> On one hunt you could emulate a half dozen
> machine's at your desire without going back to the
> vehicle to get another one...
>
>
> Again as I see it dont base comparison from one
> company to the other because you have the top of
> the line in that brand..
>
> Just becuase a person paid 1500.00 for an etrac
> they should not feel all of a sudden they have a
> piece of junk because another machine cost
> 2200.00
>
> The 2200.00 I am sure will out do the etrac
> somewhere sometime .Maybe if you hunt iron alot it
> will out do it quite often but if you hunt a
> variety of area's and ground site's the etrac will
> outdo the 2200.00 machine's somewhere
> sometime....
>
>
> Just my thought's
>
> Keith

i don't disagree with many points that you make,however,in my view ,IF it is designed
to replace those v.l.f. detectors,then it MUST be priced accordingly,BECAUSE,again,in my view,
i am holding it to a "higher " standard,as a DIRECT RESULT of it's price point!.after a long time in
the hobby,i am wanting "better" performance than what is currently available,because it is priced
higher than present equipment! as primarily a 'coin shooter".i believe it IS aimed right at the e-trac
so therefore,i am thinking it "may" be superior to an e-trac,because of it's 'novel" design of offering three distinct
(v.l.f.) frequencies,along with a a lightening fast processor.perhaps it's somewhat "unique" circuitry 'looks'
at the soils in a different way,so as to allow "better' performance than a "trac" in any event,the higher price point
does indeed plant in my mind the promise of "better" performance on coins,and perhaps in other areas as well.
IF this proves over time ,NOT to be true,then it should be priced more competitively with the detectors you feel it
will replace!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
March 17, 2012 12:56AM
Keith Southern Wrote:

> So the $2000.00 cost equates into let's say having
> a whites XLT 800.00 buck's....A F-75 regular
> 900.00 buck's gold Bug Pro 600.00 buck's...Well
> there's 2300.00 dollars worth of machine's right
> there...Plus light weight with the option of
> software upgrade's...
>
> I actually see it as a deal...But I see it
> replacing those machine's...and occasionally in
> the right environs any one of those machine will
> out shine a Etrac ..But bad dirt those machine's
> will struggle more so than an etrac...

replacing multiple units was my paradigm shift... Minelab FBS machines are still my all-time favorite units, I have a great deal of respect for them..... but I havent been able to swing them for much more than an hr or so, for the past few yrs. I cant say with certainty what the Deus will or wont do VS other units (yet), I can only attest that it has been working well for me, in my area, and suiting my needs.... and if folks decide NOT to buy one, it makes me no difference. Im not a dealer, or co rep. Im a straight-forward person, if the Deus turns out to be a dud, I'll be the first person to raise my hand and politely ask for the "dunce cap"

Tomorrow morning is going to be head to head VS G2 in heavy, but small iron previously hit by "bugs". I'll tell it like it is.... of course there is a difference in stock coil size to be accounted for .... But Im mostly a "stock coil" guy, so it'll be stock vs stock. Call it apples vs apples or oranges, its all about what works, to me. I may even take pics, as I can now carry my smart phone with me, without interference....
March 17, 2012 01:05AM
Good point Keith, well put.

jmaryt Wrote:
> i believe it IS aimed right at the e-trac...

I think the Deus was built for their environments, and designed to hunt their targets better. They have hammered coins and stuff that we don't have to contend with. It works better for them due to its design and if it happens to blow the Etrac or any other detector out of the water, so be it.

silversurfer Wrote:
> Minelab FBS machines are still my all-time
> favorite units, I have a great deal of respect for
> them..... but I havent been able to swing them for
> much more than an hr or so, for the past few yrs.

One would think MineLab would address the weight issue as it is the #1 gripe of it's customers!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2012 01:10AM by schultzie.
March 17, 2012 01:46AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
IF I like it and buy one, and it does
> well here...I wont tell a soul and keep it to
> myself. :-)

HA...I know once you get one, several videos putting the Deus through the ringer will be on tap. Can't wait.
Hey J.T.
March 17, 2012 01:51AM
I am glad you disagree with me...bring's forth real questions...

I do not have one so I speak only from past Detector knowledge and also knowing the limitations of all V.L.F. detector's..

I my self dont use B.B.S. or F.B.S. machine's they do not do certain thing's I require in a machine and I live in some awfully bad dirt...I still get by with V.L.F. machine's in my dirt...

But I do not see the DEUS as some new alien technology ...I see it as a V.L.F. detector with tons of attribute's..

But I am looking at it more than a coin hunter...

I look at it as a coin hunter, a relic hunter, a cache hunter, a jewelry hunter maybe a gold nugget hunter prospector..

And that is where I was coming from on saying I consider it a deal in replacing that many different type of machine's...

My lobo is a prospector...I have fast target response ultra fast ground tracking with ability to deal with black sand's...weak on silver coin's
My 5900 is an excellent deep artifact hunter with it's super powerful all metal mode...Weak on gold though and Button's... deeeeeep on silver coin's
My Tejon is a button magnet super fast target response with great iron discrimination..not a very good gold hunter and not a very good deep silver hunter...

There's 3 machine that are excellent at what they do but for other instances they are so so...

I look at it like the DEUS can replace those michine's...By hopefully mimicking there attribute's.And adding different features that some of them do not offer...I cant notch on a LOBO...I cant ground track on a 5900..I can't iron grunt on a Tejon....

There's three machine's I would no longer need.And the beauty of it is anyone of them are with me at any given time on any given hunt with a simple program load on the DEUS

Instead of me having 3000.00 dollars with of V.L.F.'s right now I could have 2000.00 dollars and have a dozen or more machines at my disposal at any given time all in one machine instantly!

This is all I am trying to say...

But I still think the Minelab F.B.S. technolgy will have an edge in certain site's..Just from detector laws....

But if you dont have bad dirt it might quite possibly be a moot point?

I know where you are coming from...though you want it to out do the best coinshooter made right now the Etrac and if it s just another VLF machine you want it to be priced accordingly to a vlf standard....And you are 100% right...

But we dont have a machine like this in a vlf package as of yet and Me myself personally look at it as the way I earlier discribed...

Hey I am ready for some mind blowing technology to ...but we get it in small pieces....

I dont think the Deus is earth shattering I think it's a great "HOPEFULLY" multi detector replacer...

Does that sort of make sense ?

I myself think the Etrac is way way overpriced for what it does......But I dont strictly coin hunt seriously..

Remeber it's just my view...

Heck I hope it is awesome..

But I have about talked myself into one just for the reasons I explained...

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2012 02:57AM by Keith Southern.
March 17, 2012 02:22AM
Aaron Wrote:
> Joe, as I recall you found those rings in the
> sand, congrats!
>
> We're mostly wondering how it does in the
> iron/mineralization and trash stacked against the
> Etrac and LTD.

That is the question for me, how does the Deus do in iron mineralized ground. I don't want to spend a lot of money like I did with the V3i to find out it doesn't work in my ground. I don't like the loss of ID at depth either. When targets are plenty, you can't be digging all the good sounding deep ones as many bad targets sound good.

That said, my back is once again sore from 5 hours with the E-Trac and that is with the Swingy Thingy! I can tell you that as much as I love the E-Trac I will have to sell it - just sick of the pain and it annoys my elbow as well.

Regarding American made, I am sort of like a sports coach who plays the players who try the hardest and produce the best results. I don't care which guy is making the most money so to speak. So, I don't care where a detector is made (to a point, I don't want children assembling it) I just want it to work (and be light.)
March 17, 2012 02:23AM
gman Wrote:
> I wish it could run 2 Freqs at the same time . it
> would make it more versitile.

IT will NEVER happen with the current Deus hardware. I asked the owner via email and he said it can't - the processor is not of the correct design (multi cores) to do that.
March 17, 2012 02:35AM
Nope, videos will be phasing out. They are too much work just to have people run them down and all the crap that goes with it. I'll be thinning down the forum posts too. Same reasons. I reckon its time to get back to the basics.
March 17, 2012 03:20AM
It looks to me that a lot of the cost of the Deus is not for more depth, which seems to be what everyone wants. It is for the Lightweight, wireless features, ability to be setup to do be many different machines and increased sensitivity. Which in a post from Nasa Tom, that he said depth is not everything, sensitivity is what is lacking. And I am changing his words to what I read. The Deus was designed for the types of soil in the UK , which is some of the worst around. I do not have a Deus (not yet) and I have never used one. But if it is anything like the Goldmaxx units, then it is a step beyond, maybe not above. Like Keith said If I can put a single detector under my arm, walk onto a site and set it up to perform like several other detectors, then that makes it a winner in my world. The only unit I know that can do that here is the Minelab 705, which can be three different machines just by changing the coils. Change is good but there will always be those who like things as they are. I have no doubt that if this was a Fisher or Minelab machine the forums would be on fire.

Tom in SC
March 17, 2012 03:26AM
Daniel, I've been reading your posts since you were 16 or so. You have purchased almost every type of detector known to man.

If you expect the Deus to penetrate your type of soil any better than the Minelab, it just ain't gonna happen. It does appear to be as light as the Troy X5, though.

On the other hand, I'd be interested in how well it finds silver coins on the lowest frequency setting - 4khz.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2012 04:02AM by Detectorist.
March 17, 2012 09:01AM
schultzie Wrote:
> Good point Keith, well put.
>
>
> jmaryt Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > i believe it IS aimed right at the e-trac...
>
> I think the Deus was built for their environments,
> and designed to hunt their targets better. They
> have hammered coins and stuff that we don't have
> to contend with. It works better for them due to
> its design and if it happens to blow the Etrac or
> any other detector out of the water, so be it.
>
i am hoping it does! IF it does,then it will be a "smash" hit!
as it's lightweight is definitely an advantage in the field..,and if they can find a way
to drop the money on it,then all the better!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

>
> silversurfer Wrote:
> -----
> > Minelab FBS machines are still my all-time
> > favorite units, I have a great deal of respect
> for
> > them..... but I havent been able to swing them
> for
> > much more than an hr or so, for the past few
> yrs.
>
> One would think MineLab would address the weight
> issue as it is the #1 gripe of it's customers!
March 17, 2012 09:12AM
Like I posted on FMall. Compare various machines in a test garden (to Tom D's standards) at the same time with single/co-located targets. Won't cover all the bases one would find in the field, but it a good accurate starting point for comparison.
March 17, 2012 12:54PM
Daniel: negative or positive responses = 'emotional interest' (always a good thing)!
March 17, 2012 02:14PM
My problem is that I can't stand for somebody to curse me. In person when it happens its usually the first and last time they do it cause I come Unglued. When they do it from behind a computer keyboard I still come Unglued but I can't jump through the screen...all I can do is smash the keyboard harder when I type a reply. lol

I don't expect the Deus to do anything better than any other VLF on the market. What perks my interest is potential to eliminate a few VLF machines with just 1 machine that can equal performance of 3 or 4 specific use machines that I have now. Then down the road if I add a pulse machine I will have red dirt covered with it....and then I could have a machine for coin hunting, old homesteads loaded with iron, and a search and destroy machine for covering new ground fast. The Deus has potential to eliminate 3 of my current VLF machines by just being able to change operating freq and recovery speed on the fly. Interesting concept.
March 18, 2012 12:30AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
>... like I have said before
> some detectors just click with the user and they
> are happy with the new machine.

Well said LowBoy... I've got a feeling you will never give up that G2 (click!). smiling smiley

earthmansurfer Wrote:
> I don't want to spend
> a lot of money like I did with the V3i to find out
> it doesn't work in my ground.

Wait a minute, Now I recall you was very impressed with your V and your recoveries in your iron laden soil. You even posted videos of your comparisons with the V and the Etrac showing their strengths and weaknesses. Why all of a sudden do you say the V didn't work for you??? Why the flip-flop? Just curious.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2012 12:54AM by schultzie.
Re: Hey J.T.
March 18, 2012 08:13AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> I am glad you disagree with me...bring's forth
> real questions...
>
>
> I do not have one so I speak only from past
> Detector knowledge and also knowing the
> limitations of all V.L.F. detector's..
>
> I my self dont use B.B.S. or F.B.S. machine's they
> do not do certain thing's I require in a machine
> and I live in some awfully bad dirt...I still get
> by with V.L.F. machine's in my dirt...
>
> But I do not see the DEUS as some new alien
> technology ...I see it as a V.L.F. detector with
> tons of attribute's..
>
> But I am looking at it more than a coin hunter...
>
> I look at it as a coin hunter, a relic hunter, a
> cache hunter, a jewelry hunter maybe a gold nugget
> hunter prospector..
>
> And that is where I was coming from on saying I
> consider it a deal in replacing that many
> different type of machine's...
>
> My lobo is a prospector...I have fast target
> response ultra fast ground tracking with ability
> to deal with black sand's...weak on silver coin's
> My 5900 is an excellent deep artifact hunter with
> it's super powerful all metal mode...Weak on gold
> though and Button's... deeeeeep on silver coin's
> My Tejon is a button magnet super fast target
> response with great iron discrimination..not a
> very good gold hunter and not a very good deep
> silver hunter...
>
> There's 3 machine that are excellent at what they
> do but for other instances they are so so...
>
> I look at it like the DEUS can replace those
> michine's...By hopefully mimicking there
> attribute's.And adding different features that
> some of them do not offer...I cant notch on a
> LOBO...I cant ground track on a 5900..I can't iron
> grunt on a Tejon....
>
> There's three machine's I would no longer need.And
> the beauty of it is anyone of them are with me at
> any given time on any given hunt with a simple
> program load on the DEUS
>
> Instead of me having 3000.00 dollars with of
> V.L.F.'s right now I could have 2000.00 dollars
> and have a dozen or more machines at my disposal
> at any given time all in one machine instantly!
>
> This is all I am trying to say...
>
> But I still think the Minelab F.B.S. technolgy
> will have an edge in certain site's..Just from
> detector laws....
>
> But if you dont have bad dirt it might quite
> possibly be a moot point?
>
>
> I know where you are coming from...though you
> want it to out do the best coinshooter made right
> now the Etrac and if it s just another VLF machine
> you want it to be priced accordingly to a vlf
> standard....And you are 100% right...
>
> But we dont have a machine like this in a vlf
> package as of yet and Me myself personally look at
> it as the way I earlier discribed...
>
>
> Hey I am ready for some mind blowing technology to
> ...but we get it in small pieces....
>
> I dont think the Deus is earth shattering I think
> it's a great "HOPEFULLY" multi detector
> replacer...
>
>
> Does that sort of make sense ?
>
> I myself think the Etrac is way way overpriced for
> what it does......But I dont strictly coin hunt
> seriously..
>
>
> Remeber it's just my view...
>
> Heck I hope it is awesome..
>
> But I have about talked myself into one just for
> the reasons I explained...
>
> Keith

keith! i understand your point,and is is a "valid " one!.yes you are correct,i AM looking at it as a possible e-trac killer,
because i AM a coin shooter,and from my perspective,i want it to be better at that than the trac,mainly because of the price point!
reports from guys in the field over time will either break,or seal the deal for me, (f.t.p's) got a new horse in the race comin' out later this year,
so should be an interesting competition,two race horses starting even! lookin' forward to it!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
March 18, 2012 08:26AM
schultzie Wrote:
> Lawrenzo Wrote:
> -----
> >... like I have said before
> > some detectors just click with the user and
> they
> > are happy with the new machine.
>
> Well said LowBoy... I've got a feeling you will
> never give up that G2 (click!). smiling smiley
>
>
> earthmansurfer Wrote:
> -----
> > I don't want to spend
> > a lot of money like I did with the V3i to find
> out
> > it doesn't work in my ground.
>
> Wait a minute, Now I recall you was very impressed
> with your V and your recoveries in your iron laden
> soil. You even posted videos of your comparisons
> with the V and the Etrac showing their strengths
> and weaknesses. Why all of a sudden do you say the
> V didn't work for you??? Why the flip-flop? Just
> curious.

No Flip flop, go and watch my videos of the V3i vs. E-Trac. The V3i consistently lost it's VID at around 7"-8" - it became very erratic and jumpy (a bit like the E-Tracs Fe number, but NOT CO number). Now, I very very much liked the V3i in iron but NOT in iron mineralized ground, perhaps you confused me on the two. I thought the V3i had much much better controls, screen, backlight, shortcut but the E-Trac just works better in my soil.

When I first started using the V3i I was very very impressed with it. After some time I started to wonder why I wasn't getting depth beyond 6", so I got an E-Trac. Walla, then came the deep coins and signal comparisons. Never would have came across most of those deeper coins with the V3i as the VID was too jumpy and with the ground being so cluttered with targets, it is not reasonable to investigate so many of them - too time consuming.

Basically, I hunt coins and the E-Trac was better in my ground. Too much $$$ to keep both so I sold the V3i at a decent loss. That said, I will eventually have to sell the E-Trac, just too heavy. But, my favorite and most successful detector in my iron mineralized ground.
March 18, 2012 03:23PM
jmaryt Wrote:
> I think the Deus was built for their
> environments, and designed to hunt their
> targets better. They have hammered coins
> and stuff that we don't have to contend
> with. It works better for them due to its
> design and if it happens to blow the Etrac
> or any other detector out of the water, so
> be it.

My point was I don't think they built the Deus to target the Etrac, they built a unit to succeed in their hunting environment.

earthmansurfer Wrote:
> No Flip flop, go and watch my videos of the V3i
> vs. E-Trac. The V3i consistently lost it's VID at
> around 7"-8" - it became very erratic and jumpy (a
> bit like the E-Tracs Fe number, but NOT CO
> number). Now, I very very much liked the V3i in
> iron but NOT in iron mineralized ground, perhaps
> you confused me on the two. I thought the V3i had
> much much better controls, screen, backlight,
> shortcut but the E-Trac just works better in my
> soil.
>
> When I first started using the V3i I was very very
> impressed with it. After some time I started to
> wonder why I wasn't getting depth beyond 6", so I
> got an E-Trac. Walla, then came the deep coins and
> signal comparisons. Never would have came across
> most of those deeper coins with the V3i as the VID
> was too jumpy and with the ground being so
> cluttered with targets, it is not reasonable to
> investigate so many of them - too time consuming.
>
> Basically, I hunt coins and the E-Trac was better
> in my ground. Too much $$$ to keep both so I sold
> the V3i at a decent loss. That said, I will
> eventually have to sell the E-Trac, just too
> heavy. But, my favorite and most successful
> detector in my iron mineralized ground.

Fair enough. It seemed like you back-peddled on what you said prior. I thought you were digging deeper than that also. Hey the Etrac is proven and its getting you the finds... that is what it's all about!
March 19, 2012 01:47AM
Hence...... the "NEED" for a test-garden........... so this could instantly be discovered.
March 19, 2012 04:35AM
schultzie Wrote:
> jmaryt Wrote:
> -----
> > I think the Deus was built for their
> > environments, and designed to hunt their
> > targets better. They have hammered coins
> > and stuff that we don't have to contend
> > with. It works better for them due to its
> > design and if it happens to blow the Etrac
> > or any other detector out of the water, so
> > be it.
>
> My point was I don't think they built the Deus to
> target the Etrac, they built a unit to succeed in
> their hunting environment.

i understand your point,and it is well taken,however,
because of it's 'price point" i believe it will be considered competition
for the" trac" HERE,which is a lofty standard to achieve in my view!
time will tell!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
>
>
>
> earthmansurfer Wrote:
> -----
> > No Flip flop, go and watch my videos of the V3i
> > vs. E-Trac. The V3i consistently lost it's VID
> at
> > around 7"-8" - it became very erratic and jumpy
> (a
> > bit like the E-Tracs Fe number, but NOT CO
> > number). Now, I very very much liked the V3i in
> > iron but NOT in iron mineralized ground,
> perhaps
> > you confused me on the two. I thought the V3i
> had
> > much much better controls, screen, backlight,
> > shortcut but the E-Trac just works better in my
> > soil.
> >
> > When I first started using the V3i I was very
> very
> > impressed with it. After some time I started to
> > wonder why I wasn't getting depth beyond 6", so
> I
> > got an E-Trac. Walla, then came the deep coins
> and
> > signal comparisons. Never would have came
> across
> > most of those deeper coins with the V3i as the
> VID
> > was too jumpy and with the ground being so
> > cluttered with targets, it is not reasonable to
> > investigate so many of them - too time
> consuming.
> >
> > Basically, I hunt coins and the E-Trac was
> better
> > in my ground. Too much $$$ to keep both so I
> sold
> > the V3i at a decent loss. That said, I will
> > eventually have to sell the E-Trac, just too
> > heavy. But, my favorite and most successful
> > detector in my iron mineralized ground.
>
> Fair enough. It seemed like you back-peddled on
> what you said prior. I thought you were digging
> deeper than that also. Hey the Etrac is proven and
> its getting you the finds... that is what it's all
> about!
March 19, 2012 07:54AM
> earthmansurfer Wrote:
> -----
> > No Flip flop, go and watch my videos of the V3i
> > vs. E-Trac. The V3i consistently lost it's VID
> at
> > around 7"-8" - it became very erratic and jumpy
> (a
> > bit like the E-Tracs Fe number, but NOT CO
> > number). Now, I very very much liked the V3i in
> > iron but NOT in iron mineralized ground,
> perhaps
> > you confused me on the two. I thought the V3i
> had
> > much much better controls, screen, backlight,
> > shortcut but the E-Trac just works better in my
> > soil.
> >
> > When I first started using the V3i I was very
> very
> > impressed with it. After some time I started to
> > wonder why I wasn't getting depth beyond 6", so
> I
> > got an E-Trac. Walla, then came the deep coins
> and
> > signal comparisons. Never would have came
> across
> > most of those deeper coins with the V3i as the
> VID
> > was too jumpy and with the ground being so
> > cluttered with targets, it is not reasonable to
> > investigate so many of them - too time
> consuming.
> >
> > Basically, I hunt coins and the E-Trac was
> better
> > in my ground. Too much $$$ to keep both so I
> sold
> > the V3i at a decent loss. That said, I will
> > eventually have to sell the E-Trac, just too
> > heavy. But, my favorite and most successful
> > detector in my iron mineralized ground.
>
schultzie Wrote:> Fair enough. It seemed like you back-peddled on
> what you said prior. I thought you were digging
> deeper than that also. Hey the Etrac is proven and
> its getting you the finds... that is what it's all
> about!

If I changed my mind about anything it was just the original depth I thought I was getting in my test garden and perhaps that is what you are thinking of, if so, my mistake then. I had a 9" planted coin in a test garden, that I made a video of with the V3i - you are probably thinking of that. It hit it, but it was a tough target to get and it had to be set just right. So, I thought I would easily hit coins at 7" or 8" but just wasn't finding them. All of my V3i happiness went by the wayside once I started comparing signals on deeper targets. As I said, I still think it's a great machine (in different soil). I actually never dug a coin past 6" with the V3i but it did hit a silver coin at 7" just as good as the E-Trac did on a signal compare.

Yeah, I'm happy to find a machine that goes deep in my soil. Now going forward I at least know what will work - probably a CZ and FBS machines. I hope a light one comes out as the E-Trac really bugs the body.