Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Jury still out on the Deus

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Jury still out on the Deus
March 21, 2012 08:21PM
I have read so much on this detector that I am starting to find that it may not be the second coming! It is fast but so are some of the Fisher line and the Tek line. It is not that deep and can give a bad ID or no ID on deep targets but will give a tone. I think the same goes for some of the higher line units out there? It has can be programed...some can and some can't the G2 can't but I don't think it needs to be programed. It is light and has no cables and come with a wireles head phone and can be programed from the head phones. The head is small and can be worn on your wrist. That is different but it is worth the price? And it seems that Tom needs to test this machine to tell us the whole story. I'm now hoping that what ever Tek and Fisher come out with will be a whole different story and what it can do and how it can help us with coins and relics and trash and a few new twists. I know they work on new ideas years before they come on the market so what have they been thinking of since the F75?

It looks to me like the Etrac is getting compared to this Deus and has the largest following as far as what it can do. And the Etrac has proven itself like the F75, G2,T2 and. I have not seen enough to get me to bite on this new Deus. I was even going to buy one and have it sent to Nasa Tom so he could play with it test it and give us all his stamp of thumbs up or down. But then if it not as good as it is hyped to be I am stuck with a detector that would be hard to sell. I have not seen any posted on any forum for sale as of yet. Maybe it is too early to tell or maybe it needs to be programed for our dirt and as Tom says you can't compair one detector to another you can try but all programs are not the same?

MAYBE IF THEY TOLD US WHAT THE NEXT UPGRADE VIA THE INTERNET WILL BE IT WILL TELL US WHAT DIRECTION THE COMPANY IS HEADED TO IMPROVE THIS MACHINE??????

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2012 04:47AM by Lawrenzo.
Re: Jury still out on the Deus
March 21, 2012 09:13PM
From what I read people are fing the Deus to be a nice detector. No not the second coming. I see that some E Trac users have made the leap. Especially on the forum &*^%$*. These guys are good with their E Tracs and one thing is for sure. If the Deus doesn't measure up they will leap back. We seem to be in a hobby where the latest is always compared to the greatest. Naturally some can spend top dollar on a detector while some can only drool. To me it looks like a fast some what deep detector with great ergonomics. A real nice detector. Sooner or later the bar will be set on what people will pay for a detector. It doesn't appear to set at this moment.
March 21, 2012 09:33PM
Sounds like the Deus is one lite machine, which is what I want, but I'm not paying anywhere near that price. 1/5th $1800 sounds more in my league. Any recommendations? Thanks fellas.
March 21, 2012 09:47PM
I dont see the DEUS having some secret technology...I see it replacing maybe 3-4 of your current vlf detector's...can it outdo the ones it replaces? Who know's...probaly can be just as good and maybe ad some feature's to your favorite ones you replace...but I still dont think it can outdo the Multi freq transmission in bad ground for depth..

I may be wrong on that aspect...But I doubt it...

I still see it as a lightweight multi VLF replacer...And still that's specualtion on that part...

Keith
wjs
March 22, 2012 02:45AM
One thing that would probably keep me from buying it, as crazy as it sounds, is the fact that it is reported it fasles on the steel bottlecaps like most detectors with DD coils do. The Etrac does not false on them and most of the places I hunt are public parks and the like where in some spots there can be a lot of them. I do not want to have to deal with the detector falsing on them. I will stick with the Etrac for now.
March 22, 2012 03:03AM
It seems to be the only downfall I've found so far with the detector. When passing the coil over many bottle caps, it sounds so good and Id's correctly as a coin. Sure there are ways to avoid digging them, but for bottle cap infested areas, it's very difficult.

wjs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One thing that would probably keep me from buying
> it, as crazy as it sounds, is the fact that it is
> reported it fasles on the steel bottlecaps like
> most detectors with DD coils do. The Etrac does
> not false on them and most of the places I hunt
> are public parks and the like where in some spots
> there can be a lot of them. I do not want to have
> to deal with the detector falsing on them. I will
> stick with the Etrac for now.
March 22, 2012 09:07AM
I'm not exactly sure what kind of bottle caps your referring to, however my etrac loves the rusted out ones I cannot get away from them as they fool me alot especially w my cz3d.
March 22, 2012 01:03PM
Aaron Wrote:
> I'm not exactly sure what kind of bottle caps your
> referring to, however my etrac loves the rusted
> out ones I cannot get away from them as they fool
> me alot especially w my cz3d.

Beer bottle caps.
March 22, 2012 02:29PM
Have you seen the videos on the no motion mode. Seems to get extreme depth in that mode. An interesting detector. Considering the detecting in northern Michigan I don't see that I could spend that much money for a detector.

Rick N. MI
March 22, 2012 06:07PM
I got this info from another Deus user and it was truly AMAZING.

In hunting the littered parks that have thousands of crown caps (beer caps) using the 4K or 8K hertz frequencies gives the quarter/silver signals VDI's of mid 80's while the crown caps come in at mid 90's. I used the 4K and was astounded at the coinage/goodies coming out. Not too many silver coins but a fun few days of detecting figuring out those trashy areas I couldn't detect before.

Another benefit (for me) was to get out of the 18K frequency mentality. I'd used that frequency exclusively in order to pick up the small gold. The 3K was perfectly good at getting me some silver from very small earring parts to dimes and quarters. It turns out...from what I read yesterday that the 8K and 12K frequencies could actually be the deepest on coinage.

I see the tide seems to be turning and many more people are getting convinced that the XP Deus is a detector to be tried. Hopefully when some of the more experienced U.S. detectorists get the Deus in their hands we'll see some interesting results.

As for me...70% of my decision was made by the lightness and compactness of this great machine. In 14 months I've had ZERO problems and even updated from version 1.0 to 2.0 from the Internet with ease.

HH Joe
March 22, 2012 07:29PM
I wonder how often if at all, the engineers/designers go back to the drawing board, after reading/seeing field results from detectorists who are using competitors equipment. In other words, would they change the design in mid stream to one up the competition.
wjs
March 22, 2012 07:57PM
Aaron. I am talking about the type that usually had to be opened with a bottle opener like the older beer type or the newer twist off ones. Not the bigger aluminum ones but the small thin ones. My Etrac does not false on them at all yet many other detectors will.
March 23, 2012 12:28AM
This is interesting....

[www.findmall.com]
March 23, 2012 03:00AM
I saw the above link also. That such a incredibly minute amount of gold it doesn't seem possible unless it was a maybe a Gold Bug II

wjs, yes the steel ones. My CZs have hard time w those. I may have misspoke, the Etrac doesn't have to much a problem as I do bent nails and rusty round head screws

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2012 03:10AM by Aaron.
March 23, 2012 04:25AM
Steve Towell Wrote:
> Sounds like the Deus is one lite machine, which is
> what I want, but I'm not paying anywhere near that
> price. 1/5th $1800 sounds more in my league. Any
> recommendations? Thanks fellas.

compadre! best "sleeper" on the market!
short money! in the right hands>just as much fun!
just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.