Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ-3D still gets 'er done

Posted by Lipservice 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ-3D still gets 'er done
March 25, 2012 03:40AM
A 100 year old, 109 acre, local public golf course closed down last week and is a public park now. The fence surrounding it is torn down now so easy access. Metal detecting was never allowed there but now it is since it is now a public park.
The golf course had been losing money for the city the last few years. The old CZ is gonna have to do until fall when the new Fisher comes out (or whatever is the latest and greatest)

Got this stuff today plus a bunch of wheats back to 1910.

Re: CZ-3D still gets 'er done
March 25, 2012 03:54AM
Very nice.

I always wonder if the CZ's are the reason there aren't many old nickels in my area....
March 25, 2012 04:26AM
That's quite a haul for one day!
CONGRATS!
March 25, 2012 04:49AM
Wow that place is loaded!!

Have fun, you should be able to clean that place out with the CZ smiling smiley
March 25, 2012 05:42AM
I'd say your gonna find that thats a hole in one for you. Many trips to the clubhouse with pockets full of coins, etc. GL & HH!!

It's out there fellows! Go get it!
"Ged Peacehavens"
March 25, 2012 10:13AM
NIce finds. I know of an old abandoned golf course in my area and have always wondered about where the hot spots on a course would be. The club house area obviously stands out as the first place to go but where on the course would be the best place to try?
March 25, 2012 10:21AM
Golf course,.... when a golfer pulls a tee, glove or a marker from his pocket, coins and rings (golfers remove rings because of odd club grip) may come with. So the areas would be at the tee off (beginning of each hole), and the putting green (coins also used as markers,usually dimes).
Can you get a layout of the course from back in the day? They sometimes remodel the course during it's lifetime so the hole/green locations change. You have a honey hole there Lipservice, good luck.
Edit; On some courses there are refreshment carts/stations where golfers can buy hot dogs, beer etc, money changes hands there also.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2012 10:29AM by ozzie.
March 25, 2012 10:29AM
I've had many people tell me how they've lost their wedding rings on the golf course.
Ive only golfed 2xs in my life (not my cup of tea).
March 25, 2012 10:58AM
I am on the fence and waiting for Fisher too. I have some really good sites but not getting enough depth to find silver.
The deepest thing I found in this pic was a 5" dime. The Silver & CZ Ring was at 2".
This haul was collected in one hour and I left a lot of shallow finds behind for next time. I was busy and having fun.
I know there has to be some deep stuff there.

March 25, 2012 01:19PM
We have an old golf course in our area but of course off limits...If it ever becomes a public park(which I doubt) will produce for years...

Heard some stories of guys hunting it at night unlawfully and personally hope they caught as it brings a bad light on the hobby....
March 25, 2012 01:24PM
Refreshing to hear about a place that is now open to metal detecting instead of becoming off limits to us. I hunted yesterday with a guy who is a Fisher dealer, he told me 2 things about Fisher's new machine; multi freq, December availibility, would not offer any more info..
March 25, 2012 02:21PM
I'll have to ask my little dealer, maybe he can add something to the mystery. I heard a while back, from a good source, that it will raise eyebrows.
March 25, 2012 06:27PM
Beach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Refreshing to hear about a place that is now open
> to metal detecting instead of becoming off limits
> to us. I hunted yesterday with a guy who is a
> Fisher dealer, he told me 2 things about Fisher's
> new machine; multi freq, December availibility,
> would not offer any more info..

that's great news,but i thought these guys were sworn to secrecy
and (f.t.p's) policy was tell what's goin' on to dealers just before roll out?
maybe i got this wrong?..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
March 26, 2012 02:27AM
Old golf courses......silver mines.... :-)
Great Haul !
March 26, 2012 10:55AM
Years ago I used to mark my ball with a low grade 1819 large cent. At the end of one round I discovered my marker was missing from my pocket. I imagine that coin was found without the use of any machine.

I lose small coins ever year on the golf course. Small coins, shallow pockets and golf carts do not mix well.
March 26, 2012 08:45PM
go-rebels Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Years ago I used to mark my ball with a low grade
> 1819 large cent. At the end of one round I
> discovered my marker was missing from my pocket.
> I imagine that coin was found without the use of
> any machine.
>
> I lose small coins ever year on the golf course.
> Small coins, shallow pockets and golf carts do not
> mix well.

Wow, Go. I appreciate it. I was surprised at finding such an old coin on the surface at Augusta a few years back. lol
March 27, 2012 12:12AM
Whoa!!! Nice haul....and you haven't even begun to explore this area. Please PM the address....lol
March 27, 2012 03:13AM
Congrats on some awesome coins and finds!!!! Good deal!!!!