Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ-5 depth vs MXT

Posted by Texasdirtdauber 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ-5 depth vs MXT
January 27, 2009 12:29AM
Tom, how would you compare the CZ-5 to the MXT as to depth? I realize parameters for comparison must be equal, but just in general for coin-hunting.
Re: CZ-5 depth vs MXT
January 27, 2009 01:41AM
The CZ..... with the stock 8" coil (actually about 7.5") vs. MXT with it's 9.5" stock coil. CZ has approx 15% - 20% greater depth on dime-sized targets in fairly mineral-free dirt. CZ takes a greater lead if dirt becomes more mineralized. In general, multi-freq units ascertain greater depths in bad ground vs. single freq units. (((T-2/F-75 are exceptions to the rule))).
January 27, 2009 02:45AM
Thanks, Tom, I suspected as much. Frank L/TX
January 27, 2009 10:29AM
In my ground using the stock coil, target ID on the MXT was inaccurate beyond 6" and TID averaging on iron co-located targets is not up to par compared to any of the Fishers. Best used as a beep-dig machine and very good at that. The MXT ranks right up there as a dry sand or fresh water beach machine due to its sensitivity and great small iron disc range. Tiny bits of foil give an audio signal that is unmistakeable and chains ring out loud and clear,

Tom
January 27, 2009 02:14PM
Yes, true. I'm more apt to use the MXT as a relic unit with it's iron Disc abilities, , , yet does not compare to 2/75. MXT is very quiet in the iron. Too quiet.