Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

XP GOLDMAXX POWER Vs T2-SE iron test (Video)

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
XP GOLDMAXX POWER Vs T2-SE iron test (Video)
March 29, 2012 02:09AM
Here's test I did showing the ability of the Goldmaxx power to hear a target next to iron...

[www.youtube.com]

The Goldmaxx is a specilized machine and is useful in certain area's for really getting down into the iron..The disc only work's from iron to below foil so it is a specialty relic machine...I am really impressed with it in iron so far..

This is not a video to bash the T2 it is a great machine in it's own right ..this is to show what exact setting's abilty on a detector can do...

Keith

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2012 02:03AM by Keith Southern.
Re: XP GOLDMAXX POWER Vs T2-SE iron test
March 29, 2012 02:31AM
All I can say is wow!!! I was expecting the T2 to sound off with some kind of tone when you had it in Monotone and Disc at 21. I have been using that very setting to attempt to unmask some nonferrous items from a nail bed. Back to the drawing board. Thanks for the video.
March 29, 2012 03:33AM
Xp metal detectors are something else in the recovery speed department.smiling smiley I would like to see, how the G2 and F75 fares in the same test..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2012 03:51AM by Etsija82.
March 29, 2012 12:55PM
The video is one powerful statement.
Your semantics are yet another powerful statement.

Well orchistrated.
Well articulated.
March 29, 2012 01:18PM
Great video Keith!
Thanks
March 29, 2012 06:49PM
Thank you for the video.

Try this test: Put the Nickel next to the nail, not on the end. Put it as close as possible. Now pass the coil from the side of the nail to the Nickel and the other way. My Deus gets both.

However, if you run the coil up and down the nail it won't see the Nickel.
March 29, 2012 07:19PM
Hey Detectorist....I will try it out here in few minute's..

That's one thing I am wondering about on the DEUS...Does it have enough iron resolution to achieve these type scenario's...

In other words has the digital platform condensed the small iron range to much to give the broad spectrum iron range required for close nail proximity unmasking..

Or does the DEUS have a wide iron range in the programing...

If you can get the nickle off the end of a 2.5 inch nail then it's seem's to be fine tunable....

Thanks

Keith
Re: XP GOLDMAXX POWER Vs T2-SE iron test (Video)
March 29, 2012 08:33PM
The Deus has very wide iron disc Keith. Just as your GMP or better. Many profiled GMP user have made the jump and dont look back.

You have noticed the good vocabulary of the XPs to ID iron. After a while you will be able to hear with wolves ears.

Here in europe most GMP users set Iron treshold at 6 to 6-5 and iron volume at 10-11 o clock.

As i had mine was both controls at 11 o-clock. It still ID iron and the more your wolf ears develop the more counterclockwise you will be able to detect.

Its good to see you handle the GMP. If its not hate at first sight you will eventually go to bed with it... lol.
March 29, 2012 08:36PM
I forgot to tell you that I did that test with disc at 10.
March 29, 2012 09:01PM
Good instructive video Keith...thankyou...Jim.
March 29, 2012 11:41PM
Hey Detectorist...Same result's on this end that you had with the DEUS it seems....

Nickle moved beside the iron barley a hair from it centered and just the minutest clip when swung lengthwise of the iron....swing in from the side and hits pefectly...Seems the DEUS has the same technology they used on the GMP just enhanced more!.

Had dic set to barley reject the iron...

Keith
March 30, 2012 12:17AM
Thats great info Bjorn!Thanks for the DEUS comparison to the GMP....yes I have heard it is every bit as good as the GMP and better....I would like the freq shift abilty and reactivity settings the most...I care nothing about the full range disc, notching, Visual I.D. etc...but that's what it is going to take to get the machine to start selling here in the state's...

I have for year's wanted/dreamed of a detector with excellent sens to low conductor's/fst shutdown..great depth and the ABILITY TO FINE TUNE JUST THE IRON ...Well it took a man who knows what a Niche crowd of people wanted....

Here in the States the manufacturer's want to build machine's for all types of hunter's except the Relic/artifact hunter...they see them as a very small non profitable percentage...And it might be? I like to dig silver coins like the next guy but I dream of relics ....

The GMP holds alot of promise to me personally...it's the type of machine you can work with in a site and eek a few more target's out of the ground ...

I just dont want to spend all day digging nail's...The other stuff I can contend with...And hope for surprises...

I look at alot of peoples artifact/relic collection's and they just dont have the iron relics in there collection's...But you show other hunter's what you have and they're like man I would love to dig that bayonet or that lockplate or that Stirrup etc etc...But the answer is quite easy these relic machine's leave most of that stuff in the ground ...Imagine that a relic machine that does not dig relic's....Sure they'll dig buttons bullet's buckles but thats just small part of the number one used metal in the world.."IRON"..

The GMP gives you just enough signature to dig the larger than nails piece's of iron/artifact's out of a site ..when you are on a historically significant site there's ton's of stuff you reject with most modern detector's...

I love iron relics almost as much as brass...heck sometimes more....!!

And a lot of relic hunter's do as well ...As they should,,An artifact is an artifact plain and simple.

Dont look past one thing looking for something else...

the old saying can't see the forest for the trees comes to mind lol!!

Keith
March 30, 2012 12:26AM
I wonder if the G2 would do the same and what would happen if you were detecting and there were a lot of nails? Since you disc out most nails would you pick up a nail and the nickle on the goldmax or would both be silent?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 30, 2012 12:46AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Detectorist...Same result's on this end that
> you had with the DEUS it seems....
>
> Nickle moved beside the iron barley a hair from it
> centered and just the minutest clip when swung
> lengthwise of the iron....swing in from the side
> and hits pefectly...Seems the DEUS has the same
> technology they used on the GMP just enhanced
> more!.
>
> Had dic set to barley reject the iron...
>
> Keith

Another good reason to hit targets from different directions. A good illustration that not all good targets give a good 4 way signal.
atpro
March 30, 2012 02:31AM
Keith, how would your atpro have faired in that nail / nickel test?
Re: atpro
March 30, 2012 03:01AM
Hey Possum!

The At-PRO is a great machine in it's own right...But to be truthful I try that same test with all my detector's and and very few pass...The AT is not one of them...The AT-Pro can do alot of blending but it would need a little more gap between the iron and nickle...the T2 will do it with less gap than the AT-PRO...

The AT-PRO strong point is the Audio signatures it gives you on iron...And the mineral handling ability ..And of course the performance for the cost..

Now the Test I did is a real critcial setting test and while the T2 or say the G2 will not do this it does not mean there junk machine's...The XP will also hit on the nails of head with a mid tone that the other's will not but it's because of the machine's ability to fine tune iron...

Say on a T2 you reject a nail on 21 well you take care of the head of the nail also on that setting...On a XP you reject a nail on say 10? well the head is still going to blip ....So there is where you have to set your machine for the site you are hunting...Have a understanding of what you are after before you start.In my XP hunt video posted here notice on one hole I dig I dig a quite large hole centering the tareget...Well I broke a nail in half on the first chop ..How could I break a nail in half like that if I was centered And dug above it ? I was not centered..I was reading the head of that nail very well and it was above center of the hole so you see where in some instances you will have to really know your detector...I had it in an iron hole of an hopuse site a couple of days ago ...I mean a blanket of iron and the bliping of nails was UNREAL! but workable and productive with patience...

The Xp is way more sparky in iron than what most will be used to...But you have to give up something to get something...

I have a real admiration for the machine in the short time I have used it.. but me personally have been looking for such a machine...not an everywhere machine but as I like to call it a machine to pick in iron with....It aslo has excellent isolated target depth too with the ground set to be a little reactive..

rememebr large iron on the Xp will sound off quite well where it wont on the T2 ..but there's also the audio nuances that a trained ear over time will learn...

Have I learned yet? no way...but I can hear all the sublte tonal quality's of the signal that it really let's me know that in a couple of month's you could really be dissecting a site with it...

I did not do this video to run down one machine to promote another I did it to let people with a analytical style mind ( Like the people who frequent here) to understand there are tools available to help in there search...

Just one person seeing some sort of demo might put it to good use in there arsenal....the right machine on the right site used the right way could net them the find of there life....I am a firm believer in that...No one machine can do everything the best....

you put videos like that somewhere else and it would be blown into a mess over nothing it was intended to do...I used the T2 in the test because people know it's a very fast machine...

Notice no one here as started an attack...

Hope this help's Possum...

I dont have all the answer's like no one else does but we all learn from each other bit's and pieces here and there.
Re: atpro
March 30, 2012 12:20PM
Great video Keith. I also watched several others you have on the Tube. One of the things that impressed me is not just the machine, but how you continue to re-iterate what type of conditions you are hunting, when the machine seems to 'like' a target and you state it's iron, and the fact that you want to dig bigger iron and eliminate nails. As we all know, bigger iron is a toughie to totally eliminate and depending on lots of variables, it can fool any detector.

That GP seems like is a really good relic unit for those sites you are hitting and I am sure it will sniff out some goodies (like that cut mini ball ) that other units passed over.
thanks keith
March 30, 2012 12:28PM
Thanks for your comeback. We all realize here bashing is for other forums, lol. I know you had great success with the atpro in iron, it loooks like you found an awesome iron machine. thanks for sharing. It raises up everyones knowledge base. With the influx of european machines, the us companies have their work cut out for them keeping up, or surpasing . Competition is goood .
Re: thanks keith
March 30, 2012 01:21PM
To me......... it is quite prideful/heart-warming to see this audience 'mature'......... and grow...... together.
The more educated the folks............ the faster the learning-curve for mankind.
Collectively........... we can accelerate.

Sometimes 'reality' can hurt........... but, by virtue of having the hurtful 'knowledge' ........... acquisition of 'resolution' can be achieved.
March 30, 2012 02:28PM
I have been talking with one of (if not the only) Deus dealer in Tennessee. He sold out of his initial shipment of them, but is expecting 6 more in just a little bit. He didn't get to play with any of his first shipment so he is still anxious to see what one can do in the field. He is gonna let me know when they arrive and we are gonna try and get together and take one for a spin. I'm anxious to see what one will do setup in the Gold Maxxs mode on it. Who knows, I may be trading my eTrac in for one of them lol
March 30, 2012 02:53PM
Kind of like to play with one myself but I cannot find any in the US of A.
March 31, 2012 05:29PM
Hey Kevin...If you are looking for a GMP here in the States there in regular use by quite a few people but they rarely come up for sale...If the DEUS had not come out I would not got hold of one in the States as easy.

You can get them from Oversea's.Ebay U.K. is a good place...I know of a dealer who will ship over hear also,,,But the exchange rate would but a new one well over the $1,000.00 mark...

I would like to find me a used XP Gmaxx II also,,It is on 4.8 KHz,,,Same machine as the GMP but the low freq difference is all.

Keith
March 31, 2012 08:12PM
I requested a price from a dealer in the UK on a C-Scope detector and this was part of his response:
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I must advise that the price on our web site includes UK VAT (Tax), so you can reduce the price of the actual detector by 20.0%, although I must advise that you may be charged import duty when the goods arrive in the USA.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So after reducing the price by 20% the cost is not too bad, but shipping may cost a good bit more.
Keith, have you looked at the wireless headphones for the GMP? They have two models, back of the head and regular size

Tom in SC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2012 08:13PM by tmanly.
March 31, 2012 08:41PM
Hey Mr. Manly!!!

Yes I have been studying the headphone's...The clearest ones with the best tone seems to be the WS1 ones..the light weight behind the head..

I definately want to take advantage of the Wireless phone's for sure...Plus they say they sound great on it...

Bjorn (frnifo) Just informed me that
Quote:
"WS1 s also have the reciever and the battery in a removable unit with female plug. You can take that off the phones and carry it in your pocket attaching whatever phones you like the best. Smart thing. And you will still be wireless from your detector that way. "

So I look forwad to that maybe along with the 5x10 DD coil....Elliptical are my favorite DD"S and I could only imagine how much faster the GMP could become..

Now this is all in limbo till I decide if/when I want the DEUS LOL!!!
But the DEUS does not yet have the 5x10 or even smaller...
Too many decision's LOL!!!
I am leaning towards just waiting awhile on the DEUS to see what optional coils become available.and Just being content with the GMP...Makes more sense!
Then If I make the jump to the DEUS the GMP program will probably be the one I use the most 'probbly" so I will already be "in tune" with it!

Keith
March 31, 2012 09:44PM
Here is the specs on the WS1 s with information on the removable reciever unit with the battery.

[www.xpmetaldetectors.com]

Note also, just to make it even worse to not order one, lol.

50 hour use on one 2 hour charge.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2012 09:47PM by frnifo.
April 03, 2012 04:46PM
Thank's Bjorn!

Man that is a long time on a charge...

Thanks for the info!

Keith