Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Late Evening Hunt with the Xp Goldmaxx Power (video)

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Late Evening Hunt with the Xp Goldmaxx Power (video)
March 29, 2012 05:14AM
Sorry it was so late in the day... video is very dark but the Audio is what matter's....Maybe gives you an Idea of the sounds
First target is a Cut 3 ringer... Notice once I have it out of the hole when I rescan the hole and it's gone listen to the iron grunt from the hole...This was a plain and simple masked target...
Last target is a shot gun hull and it ends up at about 11 inches....
Got a small plain face button after I turn camera off going back to truck
and the iron audio also netted me a old tool of some sort....

But I think even though it is getting dark it show some attributes.The DEUS can mimic this machine perfectly they say...As it can other's..

[www.youtube.com]

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2012 05:47AM by Keith Southern.
Re: Late Evening Hunt with the Xp Goldmaxx Power (video)
March 29, 2012 10:35AM
Very impressive Keith!

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2012 10:37AM by Aaron.
March 29, 2012 01:31PM
Thanks Keith, that was such a good teaching video. Hearing the sounds and you explaining it is a great help to us novices. Sounds like that is a very good relic machine.

Randy
March 29, 2012 07:15PM
Thanks Keith for posting the video. It allows me to see what you are doing in the woods relic hunting in a different part of the country, and to view an unfamiliar detector. Lots of good useful information...thoroughly enjoyed your narrative throughout... a real pleasure to view. Thanks for this effort... your iron analyses are important and very similar when searching for silver nuggets / ores up here in Ontario. In case you might find it interesting Keith here's a write-up about last autumn's two month excursion to the north country for silver... you'll need to register to see the photos at the site link below...

[www.akmining.com]

or you can see a reduced version at the site below...

[www.treasurenet.com]

Thanks again Keith...please continue with your good constructive work...

Jim.
March 29, 2012 07:28PM
With my G2 I have hunted in iron with grunts of deep and not so deep targets and have found good targets. Some have been axe heads and horse shoes some have been deep coins or relics or iron mixed in with a good target. Seems like your machine sounds a lot like the G2 except I get a grunt and a zip tone sometimes. I have found iron can be some cool relics with my machine.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 29, 2012 09:26PM
Lawrenzo.

You are right. The G2 and GoldBug is the closest any US manufacturer comes to the XP.

But they still miss out on iron volume.
March 31, 2012 05:57PM
Thanks for the link Jim ..Looks interesting for sure...Will take a look at it when I get a chance...

Yes I have alway's thought that Prospector's would make the best relic hunter's...They have a tuned ear and just want to elliminate iron for the most part ..

They have that dig it all approach...Albeit they usually work less irony sites whe the gold occur's they still have a mindset that is required for the relic hunter.

Thanks...Glad you like the video...Sorry for the low light...

I plan on getting a better camera soon....I keep trying different one's but I might just have to bite the bullet and get a head cam....

You know what's funny...I actually sort of like filming my hunt's ...It gives me a chance to go back and review mistakes that I make while hunting and give me the foresight to correct on the next hunt...

If I can study up a bit I am going to try and figure out how to get the detector audio fed into the camera while still allowing me to talk and be heard also..

First thing's first though...Gotta get a decent camera rig..Want to do some High Def..Video's..Might be a permanent mainstay to the detecting gear...

Would it not be great to make a find that means alot to you and have it all on film..!

I think so..

Keith
March 31, 2012 07:14PM
Keith,

I've played with MANY cameras over the last few years and from what I've watched on YouTube and saw from actually holding it in my hand...my next camera will be the GoPro Hero 2 camera. It's an HD camera and honestly, the pictures of it on the Internet are bigger than it is. I was shocked when I saw them at the Best Buy store. They are tiny and put out some great 1080p HD video and sound quality is awesome too.
March 31, 2012 07:33PM
Yes...

The GoPro HD is a gem and actually used more then you know.

Both in Hollywood and on sportchannels and discovery/national geographic type TV.

It will be my next too.
March 31, 2012 08:18PM
Thanks Daniel and Bjorn!!!

I have looked at the Go-Pro at Best Buy they have a couple of different model's.

I am not crazy about the fish eye len's but that may be the best bet the more I study it.Makes sense since it's on your head a wide angle is ther most logical.

I think that might just be the way to go...Wonder how long you could leave it running? would be nice if you could go a whole hunt with it on even if you have to swap batteries every couple of hour's... then edit it later for you tube...And yall are right it does take some fantastic video images...This High Def world we are in is the way to go !!

It would be nice years from now to look back on the hunt's...And relive the exact moment you dug a treasured find..

I'll bet one day we will be able to stream live event's on the net with a simple field camera and unlimited type data plan...

Would be nice to go on a hunt with someone across the world live!!!

We are in a true minaturized digital age now..I look at how thin huge T.V's are now and how clear they are...I could never go back to a standard definition now after watching thing's in H.D.

I see the newer detector's like this now...take the DEUS.. man that thing is all wireless...You might get so accustomed to the light weight package no tangled headphones and such with full operator control over all parameter's that you wont look back!!Who would?I would not be surprised if the XP DEUS program could not be one day loaded onto your Droid or I-phone through bluetooth at even even cheaper price...Imagine just download the XP DEUS App $99.95 then buy a rod and a coil presto...

That may be far fetched but you never know? What about any detector you can imagine, tesoro minelab,30 year old d-tex compass etc just download an emulator for it....LOL!!

Thanks for the Camera info

Keith
March 31, 2012 08:38PM
One of my favorite videos of all the footage I've shot, is the one my wife filmed of me digging what I thought would be a bullet...that turned into a breastplate. That single moment of captured unedited, unstaged video reaction still brings a chuckle to me when I watch it. I simply had no idea...a plate in reality, was the last thing from my mind. I had been trying to dig while holding the camera and was doing a poor job at it. My wife had finished hunting and was sitting on a cut tree watching me. I hollered for her to come over there and my exact words were "come here and film me digging this plate" and then we both laughed. From there, she got the camera and hit record, and all I done was look at her waiting on her to nod to say the camera was rolling so I could keep digging. As I kept digging I saw the edge of something come up and reached down in the hole to grab it up and if I would have had wings I would have flew to the moon by my reaction. That was only my 4th plate...and totally blind sided me. You're right...video has changed a lot of things in detecting. I'm a big fan of the videos that let us hear the signal prior to digging and such....then show the recovery process as it happens. I don't necessarily like the ones that cut straight to the "oh we just got the target out of the hole and here it is" cause you don't know if they really dug it or not. By that same token, if I were really promoting a detector and wanted to show how deep it could go....I could simply show the detector beeping on a target...start digging...cut...then dig a hole REALLY deep...and then cut back to filming where the target is out of the hole and say...wow it sure was deep. LOL

I am THIS close to pulling the trigger on a Deus. When Richard gets his newest shipment of them in, he and I are going to get together for a little hunt and see what we can figure out on one. If I like it a lot, I will just get one.
March 31, 2012 10:02PM
Lowest FOV on the HD Hero is 127 degrees.

It will record 6 hours of vid at lowest 30 frames pr sec 720 by 1280 pixel resolution.

Thats not bad at all for the price.

And they have some good accessories too. A camera for lots of fun, not only detecting.
March 31, 2012 10:26PM
Daniel, it will take several times out with the Deus to sell you on it. Its the type of unit that will make you hate it and when you think it has to go, then it will surprise you with its abilities. Of course I felt the same way about the Etrac. sold my first one after 4 weeks of using it. then purchased another one after reading all I could get my hands on. the problem with the Deus is that most of the stuff posted is in the UK.

Tom in SC
March 31, 2012 10:59PM
Wise words Manly !!

I would think a sophisticated detector like the XP need's a few hours just to get a feel for it...And use it in multiple sites to really get an idea of it's ability's..

Thats the number one problem with the buy sell type...they think if it cant be ran wide open or needs to be throttled back for some reason it's not a contender..

no 2 totally different machines can be expected to be ran with the same setting's or thought process...

I myself personally like to know what I want a machine to do then try to get it to accomplish this task...If it can not do the task at hand I keep on tweeking it and finally you will get a feel for it...but then dont dismiss it because that task was not doable...during the testing you will discover thing's about it pro's and con's and then there will be another task you have it mind for it and then use it for that purpose if it is indeed doing that better than what you already have then there's a place for it...

Take the GMP....I dont see it as a replacement for a f-75 or T-2 or a At-Pro on a day to day basis they offer better trash hunting ability's but I see it as a tool for really dissecting a site once I get it cleaned down with my T2...once you get the site cut down to not producing it is a tool to use for the other target's the T2 leaves behind...Whats nice is right now I have a ton of places to use the GMP on that have been bled dry...
But I would not want to start on a fresh site with the GMP right now ..That may change later as I become more accustomed to the larger iron tone's...

I have always found high gain High freq machines work best with patience and sites that are previoulsy worked down...use these type machine in a trashy yard with modern trash and they would be for sale quickly...yet missing out on great find's becasue of using them in the wrong manner...

That's hopefully going to be the beauty of the DEUS here in the States.The adjustability..I just hope people dont give it a bum rap because of poor judgement,There's plenty of good detectorist here in the state's so I dont think it will happen..As long as they stay honest and dont let brand loyalty get in the way...

Good post Manly ..

Keith

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2012 12:52AM by Keith Southern.
April 01, 2012 12:10AM
I don't know boys. I ain't the typical newb when it comes to electronics. I'm the techy kind of person. I don't have to test drive a vehicle for several weeks to know if I like it or not. I may not know all the ends and outs of it but I can get a good idea of how it drives. I may not be able to take it and win the Daytona 500 with it but I could function it enough to get around the track lol Same with detectors. I may not know every bit and piece to supercharging one of them, but I can get a good feel for whether I like it or not and some of its capabilities.

My problem is that I don't like buying things sight unseen or tried. The forum discussions of such detectors are fun to look at but until I get one in my hands, I don't really know for sure.
April 01, 2012 12:33AM
It is like 4 different detectors. Each with its own operation. The VID numbers are different on each also. response, depth . but I know what you are saying about knowing if it is something you can work with.

Tom in SC