Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Used deus on Finds

Posted by tmanly 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Used deus on Finds
April 02, 2012 09:54PM
WOW, a used Deus just sold for a little more than the cost of a new one.. People do your homework before buying used units.

Tom in SC
Re: Used deus on Finds
April 02, 2012 10:24PM
And without a transferable warranty, no less!-----Looks like it went for $1400 though--Aren't they selling for 1900 clams new?------In any case, that's a LOT of money for a detector without a warranty.-----I thought about it, then thought again! grin-------If it was say a GPX (and you had a use for it) with Minelabs transferable warranty, that would have been a leeetle different situation!
April 02, 2012 10:48PM
Yep Minelab followed Whites and Garrett with transferrable warranties as they sure have been around a long time...

Indeed a lot of clams with no warranty but to each his own and didn't last long....I wondered about the Deus warranty someone in the States do the warranty work?
April 02, 2012 10:54PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And without a transferable warranty, no
> less!-----Looks like it went for $1400
> though--Aren't they selling for 1900 clams
> new?------In any case, that's a LOT of money for a
> detector without a warranty.-----I thought about
> it, then thought again! grin-------If it was say a
> GPX (and you had a use for it) with Minelabs
> transferable warranty, that would have been a
> leeetle different situation!

You are correct, I just saw $1600 listed. Shop around, if you are looking for one shoot me a PM and I will tell you where I got mine.

Tom in SC
April 02, 2012 11:12PM
Deus fever. I think that there is a shortage right now in the US. People are looking around for one. I always said the secret to selling something in America is to advertise that there will be a shortage. It works every year at Christmas time. From Cabbage Patch Kids to Tickle Me Elmo's.
April 02, 2012 11:44PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
> Yep Minelab followed Whites and Garrett with
> transferrable warranties as they sure have been
> around a long time...
>
> Indeed a lot of clams with no warranty but to each
> his own and didn't last long....I wondered about
> the Deus warranty someone in the States do the
> warranty work?

Yeah, they got a service center set up in the states Dan.--I think they said it was in Mass.
April 03, 2012 12:30AM
I don't know...sounds legit to me. I know two of the dealers pretty well and neither of them have got more than 4 of the Deus units in so far. They just aren't shipping many of them out to them.
April 03, 2012 12:31AM
Went for 1400.00. Just wonder the real reason for selling so quick.
April 03, 2012 02:45AM
Some people have no patience in learning a new machine.

It's out there fellows! Go get it!
"Ged Peacehavens"
April 03, 2012 02:49AM
Impulse buyers. Some people have to be one of the firsts to have anything to fill a rush craze...then once the rush of being the first is over, they seek something else. I see it on every forum I visit...not just detectors but every other hobby I'm involved in.
April 03, 2012 05:32AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> Impulse buyers. Some people have to be one of the
> firsts to have anything to fill a rush
> craze...then once the rush of being the first is
> over, they seek something else. I see it on every
> forum I visit...not just detectors but every other
> hobby I'm involved in.

Ya got that right Daniel!----It's that "next great/best fishin pole" thing!
April 03, 2012 12:05PM
Well thats a plus with the warranty center..Nope not going to bite err buy....May be selling what I have as just can't handle the physical part of the hobby anymore and may not quit completely but sure scale down my time in field. For you younger guys looking for deep silver a CZ or Explorer is the way to go but then again never held or tried a Blisstool or Deus and quite frankly you only go around once but with any new unit expect a learning period and if I was in my 50's might think differently so your call....
PS: any interest in a closet queen CZ6A in excellent condition that goes deep or a fine specimen Golden Sabre 11 for gold rings drop me a line....already started as my real nice Explorer has a new home....
April 04, 2012 03:50AM
That person jumps from forum to forum w each new machine he buys, acting like a expert. He posted a couple of really "unintelligent" videos right when he bought it trying to compare it to his Etrac, only last week.
Yes another impulse buy, we're probably all guilty of it at one time or another, however that's not any reason to give up after a week and sell at a loss.
April 04, 2012 04:10PM
Looks like yet another one popped up for sale.
April 04, 2012 04:46PM
Ok this guy on Finds wants to trade his Deus he just got last week for a........Troy Shadow x5????!
He loves his Deus but loves the X-5 more,,,,so why did he get rid of the X-5 in the first place?
Good grief!
Betcha he trades that X-5 for a Blissfield next month....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2012 04:49PM by Aaron.
April 04, 2012 05:43PM
I'd sure like to see where you think you can get a new XP Deus for less than $1,400? I think you're blowing. It was only two weeks old with less than 3 hours use. It was new.

As if I need to explain why I buy new detectors only to turn around and sell them, but for the clueless here it is.

I like to try every detector I get the notion to try. Some I keep, some I don't, but at least I know firsthand what they have to offer. What can I learn in a few hours? A lot more than someone with zero hours I assure you. I didn't fill out the warranty because I knew I would be selling right away and some people cry about a warranty. I've owned more detectors in the last 12 months than most people own in a lifetime, and I've NEVER EVER had one go bad. Doesn't mean they won't it simply means I couldn't give a rats backside about warranty. Especially if not having one saves me some $$$.

I felt the XP Deus was one of the very best detectors I've tried I just happen to have 3 years on my E-Trac and 8 years on my DFX so they are my keepers. No other reason. I don't try to sound like no "expert" but I've done my time and I know what I want and I've got the finds to back my claims. Can you say the same?

This guy made a fantastic buy and anyone who has done their "homework" knows that.

Just thought I'd enlighten you know-it-alls.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2012 05:53PM by DCSouthwind.
April 04, 2012 06:28PM
DCSouthwind Wrote:
> I'd sure like to see where you think you can get a
> new XP Deus for less than $1,400? I think you're
> blowing. It was only two weeks old with less than
> 3 hours use. It was new.
>
> As if I need to explain why I buy new detectors
> only to turn around and sell them, but for the
> clueless here it is.
>
> I like to try every detector I get the notion to
> try. Some I keep, some I don't, but at least I
> know firsthand what they have to offer. What can I
> learn in a few hours? A lot more than someone with
> zero hours I assure you. I didn't fill out the
> warranty because I knew I would be selling right
> away and some people cry about a warranty. I've
> owned more detectors in the last 12 months than
> most people own in a lifetime, and I've NEVER EVER
> had one go bad. Doesn't mean they won't it simply
> means I couldn't give a rats backside about
> warranty. Especially if not having one saves me
> some $$$.
>
> I felt the XP Deus was one of the very best
> detectors I've tried I just happen to have 3 years
> on my E-Trac and 8 years on my DFX so they are my
> keepers. No other reason. I don't try to sound
> like no "expert" but I've done my time and I know
> what I want and I've got the finds to back my
> claims. Can you say the same?
>
> This guy made a fantastic buy and anyone who has
> done their "homework" knows that.
>
> Just thought I'd enlighten you know-it-alls.

Wanna buy my Etrac?--It doesn't have a warranty. laf--------Thanks for clueing us in---it must be nice having the money to do what you are doing.----Wouldn't mind doing it myself if I had the finances.---------Del
April 04, 2012 08:25PM
LOL. Well I am lucky to be in a position where I can spend the money just to try a detector out. Not that I don't necessarily trust the opinions of others, but from my own experience, I realize you never truly know until you try it yourself. My videos on Youtube may not be the best but they are real. What you see is what I got period. Ironically, I was researching another possible detector that lead me to this site where I found this thread.
April 04, 2012 08:40PM
Thanks but I'll continue to keep my machines for at least a couple yrs until I know them well enough to know there strenghts/weakness's and...if I REALLY like/need them.

BTW....welcome to the forum
April 04, 2012 10:17PM
Thanks for the welcome.

I fully understand, and agree, the best detector is often the one you have the most time with, but I also happen to believe why not spend that time with the very best you can find. I mean an experienced guitar player can make a $100 guitar sound good and probably better than an unexperienced player with a $2,000 guitar, but put that $2,000 guitar in the hands of the experienced and you'll hear a big difference. I happen to believe having a really good detector is important. In my case anyway 1 more inch of depth can mean an entire season of great hunting.

You see I've spent the last 30+ years detecting our small town and you'd be hard pressed to find any location I haven't hunted to death. Over the years, as my sites slowly started drying up, I found that the right detector would bring them back to life. At least for a short time. My good old Whites Eagle Spectrum brought many a site back to life as it was a big step in technology at the time. 18 years later it was my DFX, after much experience and some tweaking. Then things drying up until I got the E-Trac. Now once again my sites are drying up and I'm searching for that next step in detector evolution. I try many detectors to see if by chance I missed one that could give me that extra 1" to bring a site to life again. Having tried soooo many detectors I have developed a fairly good sense as to when I might have a kicker in my hands, and it generally doesn't take long to spot the signs. Without a doubt I could be wrong with such a short time on a detector, but I feel pretty confident in what I can do to make a detector show it's potential in a short time and that is good enough for me. I made the mistake of underestimating my Explorer SE Pro and the V3i but I at least realize I do make mistakes.

I sure envy you that are just getting started at your local sites. I remember well the days when I'd come home with III cent pieces, seated and shielded coins and LC's. Coming home with a hand full of silver was the norm. Enjoy your sites while you can but know this, that stuff isn't being replenished and will eventually run out. Then is when your quest for the best becomes an obsession LOL.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2012 10:25PM by DCSouthwind.
April 04, 2012 10:25PM
I think you make too many assumptions. I know for a fact that you're wrong.

Aaron Wrote:
> Ok this guy on Finds wants to trade his Deus he
> just got last week for a........Troy Shadow
> x5????!
> He loves his Deus but loves the X-5 more,,,,so why
> did he get rid of the X-5 in the first place?
> Good grief!
> Betcha he trades that X-5 for a Blissfield next
> month....
April 04, 2012 10:45PM
DCSouthwind Wrote:
> I'd sure like to see where you think you can get a
> new XP Deus for less than $1,400? I think you're
> blowing. It was only two weeks old with less than
> 3 hours use. It was new.
>
> As if I need to explain why I buy new detectors
> only to turn around and sell them, but for the
> clueless here it is.
>
> I like to try every detector I get the notion to
> try. Some I keep, some I don't, but at least I
> know firsthand what they have to offer. What can I
> learn in a few hours? A lot more than someone with
> zero hours I assure you. I didn't fill out the
> warranty because I knew I would be selling right
> away and some people cry about a warranty. I've
> owned more detectors in the last 12 months than
> most people own in a lifetime, and I've NEVER EVER
> had one go bad. Doesn't mean they won't it simply
> means I couldn't give a rats backside about
> warranty. Especially if not having one saves me
> some $$$.
>
> I felt the XP Deus was one of the very best
> detectors I've tried I just happen to have 3 years
> on my E-Trac and 8 years on my DFX so they are my
> keepers. No other reason. I don't try to sound
> like no "expert" but I've done my time and I know
> what I want and I've got the finds to back my
> claims. Can you say the same?
>
> This guy made a fantastic buy and anyone who has
> done their "homework" knows that.
>
> Just thought I'd enlighten you know-it-alls.

It is good that you can afford to buy units and sell for less in a few days. I think that what everyone is saying, is that how do you know you do not like it , in such a short period of time.
Your orignal post was for $1600 , which is more than I paid for a new unit. I never read the next post because I did not care what was said after the initial sale post. This was my mistake as most
people just edit their post if they make a mistake. If you like trying detectors, there are a lot of older units, that cost very little. Some will surprise you at how they perform.
As far as Know-it-alls, you should have known that to purchase a unit like the Deus and then put it up for sale in a short time will cause a lot of buzz in all the forums. Just wondering, what are you going to try next?

Welcome to the forum and I am looking forward to reading your post.

Tom in SC
April 04, 2012 11:26PM
tmany...I think you touched on a very important point. Guys got to shop around. The list prices are really not the best price in most cases. I know because I got a brand new E-Trac for a lot less than the listed prices on the net.

There are great dealers out there...just have to shop around and talk to them.
April 05, 2012 12:40AM
Southwind, I may not totally agree with your buying and selling logic (though I have a better understanding now), however, I like and agree w your guitar analogy. Very true.
April 05, 2012 02:05AM
Well, it's the mans own money and if he can afford to buy detectors, then (shortly) sell the ones that he doesn't want or doesn't meet his expectations, I guess thats his own business (whether certain of us agree with it or not).------One thing I DON'T agree with you on though Southwind, is the importance of warranties (especially on high dollar detectors).------Those things CAN & DO break down (sometimes big time).-----I wish ALL the major detector manufacturers had transferrable warranties.--------Not here to give you a rough time & I should have said it in my other post------welcome to the forum!------------Del
April 05, 2012 09:17AM
Thanks again for the welcomes.

It might come as a surprise but I'm not a patient guy LOL. When I was younger I could spend months and years testing detectors looking for features I wanted or that special machine, today I'm looking for the quick results. I'm a cherry picker and proud of it. I did my time as a "dig-it-all" hunter and really feel it is overrated as long as you have a detector with a very reliable TID and the experience to know how to use it properly. As such my requirements in a detector are different than a lot of people. For me having the right TID is priority #1. If I'm going to spend the time to recovery a target I want the very best odds it will be worth recovering. The reason I still keep the DFX as my main detector is because the TID system is still one of the best. Not the deepest machine by any stretch, although not bad when setup correctly, but very accurate and reliable ID system.

My original price of $1,600 was a mistake that was more than I paid for it brand new. If I could have found a used one I would have bought it. I prefer to buy used because I can get them at a price that I can sell without a big loss. When the Garrett AT first came out I was able to buy a "like new" machine for $425 from one of those impulse buyers" use it for 3 months and then sell it for $450. I don't consider myself an impulse buyer because my choice to buy a detector is not at all on impulse. I research a machine I feel might be special and then look for a good buy. I have two requirements I use to judge whether a detector might be special. A very accurate TDI and or extreme depth.

You may feel that it takes months if not years with a detector before you can really know the machine, and I do agree to a point, but you can learn a lot in just a few hours use if you know what you're looking for and understand what makes a detector tick. I'm no expert but I fully understand what makes a detector tick/beep, and once you get past the differences in how each detector model chooses the adjustments they are all pretty much the same adjustments just often named differently. I.E. Deus "Reactivity" and the DFX's "Recovery Speed" close to the same. My litmus test is simple. I take it to the city park load up a factory program and see if it can hit that deep stuff. You might feel this is an impossible test but you’d be surprised how many detectors meet this test, and some that surpass it. The E-Trac is one that from day one it was pulling extremely deep coins from a site no other detector could. That makes it special.

One of the things that helps me afford to buy and sell so easily is I do a lot of investing in quick profit classic cars. A lot of quick money to be made if you know what to look for, and, where to look for them. Living in southwest Kansas I find a lot of great buys on classics, especially mustangs, which I turn for a quick profit. I was hoping to keep the Deus a little longer but when an investment opportunity comes up, and I need quick cash, I sell. I will more than likely buy another later.
April 05, 2012 01:32PM
very well said. I feel when I test drive a vehicle I know pretty quick if I like it or not. Do not have to take it on a 2,000 mile trip to get the feel of the thing.. thanks
April 05, 2012 03:07PM
sonny(IN) Wrote:
> very well said. I feel when I test drive a
> vehicle I know pretty quick if I like it or not.
> Do not have to take it on a 2,000 mile trip to get
> the feel of the thing.. thanks

Exactly my thoughts sonny. Sure a 2,000 mile trip could show some unknown problems, but you can tell a lot from just a few miles if you know what to look for.
April 05, 2012 04:07PM
Hey Southwind, welcome! I almost came to your defense but you beat me to it. Southwind is a great guy, he is one of two guys who turned me over to the E-Trac on Finds. We both had V3i's and I just wasn't getting the depth. Long story short, a PM and then I got an E-Trac and have been enjoying digging deeper coins than I had before. Thanks for the advice.

Yeah, I noticed you turn machines over pretty quickly but there is a lot of fun in trying new machines out. I really really love the E-Tracs sounds and simplicity though. I just wish it was lighter and faster for use in iron. Outside of that I prefer it over the other 4 machines I've had. I quickly learned it's sounds and use that 2D screen in my iron mineralized ground like a surgeon uses a knife! eheheh

I'm still looking at the Deus due to the weight and portability but due to a lack of funds and that new Fisher CZ on the horizon, looks like I have no choice but to save and wait.

Think you'll like this forum,
Albert
April 05, 2012 09:47PM
I think its great there are people who may not spend as much time learning a new machine..... works for me. Im one of those people who believe..... you keep a detector until it pays for its self .... then i know. Im not sure i agree with you that a detect is like a car and you know right away. An Explorer is a good example..... pick one up and say ive used it a month and KNOW IT and its capabilities would give me a chuckle. But im sure there are those people far better than i am that can pick up a detector and know it..... i cant.

Dew